+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 - Citizenship applications

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Strong faith pls inform me how the process is done for finger print ?
Is it delivered to RCMP and then RCMP send it to the office ?
How long it takes to appear on the tracker that the FB received? And wha is the next step after the FB?
Thanks
Depends on the agency, most send the finger print directly to RCMP along with the instructions to send them directly to CIC. The total turnaround time can be 5-8 weeks or more. Currently RCMP, similar to CIC, is running on backlog so delays are expected.

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Depends on the agency, most send the finger print directly to RCMP along with the instructions to send them directly to CIC. The total turnaround time can be 5-8 weeks or more. Currently RCMP, similar to CIC, is running on backlog so delays are expected.
But why I see most of applicants within 2-3 days they mention that the tracker is updated after doing the FB?

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do we get a proof of submission from the agency that we have completed the Fb?

jotprabh1

Jun 17, 2021
How long it takes to appear on the tracker that the FB received? And wha is the next step after the FB?
Thanks
I got my fingerprinting done through the local commissionaires office. They sent it directly to IRCC and it was updated in the cic application tracker in about 2 weeks.

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi do you know any feee training application for the test on iOS ?

viveks

Aug 11, 2016
Pune, India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2016
AOR Received.
31-12-2016
Passport Req..
25-03-2017
For those who completed the test already, have all the boxes (Except ceremony) on the dashboard been marked as completed?

Language skills
Background verification
Physical presence
Prohibitions
Citizenship test
Citizenship ceremony

And if yes, what is your current ECAS status? Does ECAS updated with test results?

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
For those who completed the test already, have all the boxes (Except ceremony) on the dashboard been marked as completed?

Language skills
Background verification
Physical presence
Prohibitions
Citizenship test
Citizenship ceremony

And if yes, what is your current ECAS status? Does ECAS updated with test results?
Nope. For me, only citizenship test and BG is showing as completed. Rest is showing as in Progress for last few weeks. The last update for me was 20 days ago on 4th October where Citizenship test shows as completed in New ECAS. After that, no other update. What about you?

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Thanks
My understanding is that the certified agency sends the information to RCMP (electronically) and RCMP will send the results to IRCC Vancouver after they verify the FP, this could take from 3 - 6 weeks, it all varies based on the information they are able to get from the fingerprints matching. You will see a change in the dashboard (BG completed) after IRCC has received the results from RCMP.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi do you know any feee training application for the test on iOS ?
Just search in your app store by Canadian Citizenship test and they will pop up, there are some free ones and others you have to pay a fee.

Read Discover Canada at least twice.

This is a sticky thread in this forum, it has summary of the book in English and French and a lot of websites to practice sample tests.

Notes from Discover Canada and Sample tests.

There a lot of resources in Youtube, audio book, practice tests, etc.

Hope this helps.

Manny02

Star Member
Sep 21, 2021
@Strongfaith42 - out of curiosity, incase I get FP check in Calgary -assuming you are in Calgary what would be the process ? which agency do I have to approach as I am made to believe CP is not taking FP's for IRCC at the moment?