+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 - Citizenship applications

bacovcin

Mar 31, 2017
Hi strongfaith it seems that it is only me from April applicant who still waitting after the Bg completed for 2 of the family and one ghost update from 3 sep

Do you think there is something wrong ?
How long you think it takes to get FB for my child 18 years old
I'm in a similar situation. My wife got a BG complete right after the In Progress update on the applications from my family on Sept. 10th, but I haven't recieved a BG complete or a FP request yet. Just the In Progress update.

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm in a similar situation. My wife got a BG complete right after the In Progress update on the applications from my family on Sept. 10th, but I haven't recieved a BG complete or a FP request yet. Just the In Progress update.
You are the first one I see having similar situation, today I knew that there is a possibility that the PG complete get test invite and other who have ghost update will remain till they decide to send FB or proceed with PG complete , I think they send requests to main office and it takes 8 weeks to decide ?

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are the first one I see having similar situation, today I knew that there is a possibility that the PG complete get test invite and other who have ghost update will remain till they decide to send FB or proceed with PG complete , I think they send requests to main office and it takes 8 weeks to decide ?
Pls update me if there is any news ?

AGENTOO7

Feb 2, 2016
I was nonchalantly going through the spread sheet and found that no test invite was send to anyone (Jan, Feb, Mar, April) after October 15. Also, there are many in Jan, Feb, Mar who are yet recieve the test invite. Is that the case or is it because those that got it didnt bother to update ?

Last edited:

testNewPlace

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Online gets processed faster... you are right- trend is paper app, post Oct very few have gotten test requests... online apps are way faster. Depends a lot on office too.

Mum84

Sep 7, 2021
Online gets processed faster... you are right- trend is paper app, post Oct very few have gotten test requests... online apps are way faster. Depends a lot on office too.
I guess I'm unlucky because since April 1st I've submitted the online application and I haven't heard anything up to now. I guess I should have submitted the paper application because they're way faster for me to be honest.

Mum84

Sep 7, 2021
Has anyone who apply online April 2021 has background completed or test invitation please? Is too silence for online applications.
I haven't even received a AOR so it's not just silence, it's forgotten for me. I'm so tired of checking my emails and worrying about ghost update stories but I don't know if it's possible to get any updates while I cant even see anything on application status online so I really hope I get any news before December.

Reactions: NRY

NRY

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
You click the link received in the email/PDF document. Here you will have to agree to a bunch of T&Cs. Post that, in the last stage, you will get an option to receive an email for the test link which is valid for 15 min.

Once you get that email, you can access the link and commence your test.
Hi,
Is it allowed to take the online test from another country? Is there something mentioned with regards to this in the Terms & Conditions?
Thanks,

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good morning all , I have got a request for my 18 years child to do for her a finger print ,

this was update on the new ECAS pls advise how I do this and what is the fastest way to do this

thanks

Slm1003

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
Husband’s background check marked as completed Oct 19th, updated today (the 20th).

He got a FP request through email with no notes or updates to new ECAS, just this update today for bg complete! :)

EGY2017

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Good morning all , I have got a request for my 18 years child to do for her a finger print ,

this was update on the new ECAS pls advise how I do this and what is the fastest way to do this

thanks
Can you please tell me when your daughter had a ghost update in her file? and when she received the fingerprint request?

Re. to your question you need to check based on your address which certified office is nearby and I believe the office will submit the fingerprint result within 1 week and you can see updates on her file from 2-4 weeks.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
I was nonchalantly going through the spread sheet and found that no test invite was send to anyone (Jan, Feb, Mar, April) after October 15. Also, there are many in Jan, Feb, Mar who are yet recieve the test invite. Is that the case or is it because those that got it didnt bother to update ?
Online applications are moving faster than paper, I am a March applicant with BG check for 3 family members on June 9 and another one on Aug 19 (FP requested) and no signs to receive test invites any time soon, I am in Calgary and this one of the slowest IRCC offices.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi,
Is it allowed to take the online test from another country? Is there something mentioned with regards to this in the Terms & Conditions?
Thanks,
I have read that in the test invitation, they provide an email address where you can contact them if you need to take the test outside of Canada.

Reactions: NRY

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015

thanks
I am glad you finally received the FP request for your daughter. You will need to find an RCMP accredited company in your City, you can browse your internet by RCMP accredited fingerprint companies in Toronto and they will pop up.

Accredited fingerprinting companies
Accredited fingerprinting companies are authorized to submit fingerprints to the RCMP's Canadian Criminal Real Time Identification Services (CCRTIS) for searches of the National Repository of Criminal Records. The results of these certified criminal record checks do not include information from other national or local data bases.

In addition to taking fingerprints electronically, several of these companies accept fingerprints that have been taken on paper, convert them to electronic transactions, and submit them directly to CCRTIS for processing. This service is also available to individuals whose fingerprints were taken outside of Canada.

Accredited fingerprinting companies are not authorized to conduct vulnerable sector checks but are allowed to fingerprint applicants who are referred to them by the police of local jurisdiction.

For a list of accredited fingerprinting companies, please contact us at CCRTIS-SCICTR@rcmp-grc.gc.ca.

Hope this helps.