+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 - Citizenship applications

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Alright, so I unfortunately seem to have a problem :( As shared earlier I've been requested to send passport scans with translations and to come back physically to Canada for that - I've decided to comply and made arrangements with my US employer to go there and stay several weeks, just in case the processing might be nearing its end and they might be ready to take my oath.

Looking at the stamps, everything seems to be in order - except that I realized that for trips to my home country, the home country officers did not stamp passports on entry, just exit. This is likely because it's a biometric passport and they just scan it. Anyway those trips (and some others) are completely absent from the Traveller History report that I requested from the gov't to corroborate against my own travel tracking - they only started tracking air departures in 2019. What should I do? I've kept flight itineraries/electronic ticket confirmations in my email inbox and I will send them along with passport scans, but unfortunately I did not keep the boarding passes - I never thought I would ever need them at the time.

Now the silver lining is, even if those absences were combined with the previous (documented) absence, I should still have more than 1095 days of physical presence in total. Should I include a letter (with passport scans) to explain the situation, or would this be just unnecessary complication? Could an immigration attorney help with this and make sure my application goes through - I'd rather avoid the hassle altogether?

Thanks so much everyone. I don't know what I would do without this awesome forum!
Better to send an Explanation letter to IRCC and attached the electronic tickets that you have, they may have a way to verify all your entries and exits, therefore make sure you provide all the details.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
I have a question if mother who have a child under 18 has failed in test twice are cic will proceed with child citizenship application or he will be rejected as his mother
I don't have any experience with this, my understanding is that the applicant will get a third chance, and it will be through Teams videoconference. The agent will ask the citizenship questions to the applicant and provide the multiple-choice answers, the applicant will have to provide the letter for the correct answer. If the applicant fails that test and IRCC make the decision to deny the citizenship, then the minor won't get the citizenship either, the minor will keep the immigration status of the parent, if parent is PR the minor will be PR, if parent is citizen, the minor will be citizen.

There is another type of application for minors that won't need the parent to apply with them. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0403-citizenship-minors-subsection-5-1.html
Application for Canadian citizenship – Minors (under 18 years of age) applying under subsection 5(1) – (CIT 0403)
That one requires the minor to meet all the eligibility requirements including physical presence (1095).

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
Got an update on the online tracker today for citizenship Test status. It's now showing "Completed" :)
Language, Physical presence and Prohibitions are still in progress.

What's the next step from here?
Everything will be updated to 'completed' except Oath. Then Ceremony status will change to 'in progress' followed by an update and email that you are scheduled for the Oath ceremony. After taking the oath you will sign the oath form and send it to IRCC and your ceremony status will be updated to completed. Within that week your application status will be updated one last time with a 'Congratulations' message and your file be closed.

Reactions: aman_78671

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
I don't live in QUEBEC but somehow my processing office is MTL.

Is it because I applied online?

I have got NO movement since Nov 2021 after the citizenship test....

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
@MikeEH did you also get oath invitation email with meeting link? @Fa2 have you also received your oath email invite? @Strongfaith42 @Fa2 @Kakashi03 just want to know when do we usually get those before oath date
It varies by the local office processing your application, it could be one day after the update in the dashboard, or 1 or 2 weeks before the Oath ceremony. Keep checking your spam folder and also some applicants have reported the email went to the Promotions inbox if you have one.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
I don't live in QUEBEC but somehow my processing office is MTL.

Is it because I applied online?

I have got NO movement since Nov 2021 after the citizenship test....
It is taking from 4 to 6 months to see some movement from one step to the other. It all varies by the local office processing the application.

There is a thread in this forum for Montreal applicants. You probably need to call IRCC, send a web form or requests GCMS notes to confirm your local processing office

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/anyone-from-montreal-got-online-test-invite-and-or-oath-ceremony.721977/page-94

Last edited:
Reactions: cococly

Finland

Sep 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all
i have a question , need your feed back about , can I help my wife to take the photo and the Id and then leave the room before actual test start , also do you have experience how I know if she passed the test , is there like congratulations massage at the end as indication or not
Also my wife is not very good in Mac so is it will be hard for her to do the test or it is only she is clicking on questions one after each .
Appreciate your urgent feed back

MikeEH

Sep 10, 2021
Hello all
i have a question , need your feed back about , can I help my wife to take the photo and the Id and then leave the room before actual test start , also do you have experience how I know if she passed the test , is there like congratulations massage at the end as indication or not
Also my wife is not very good in Mac so is it will be hard for her to do the test or it is only she is clicking on questions one after each .
It’s probably best you let her do it from start to finish. You don’t want to give the officers a reason to doubt/flag her test. Once you submit the responses it will show the score.. anything over 15 is a pass!
Good luck!

Reactions: cococly

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hello all
If you have to take the test, I would recommend you go first, that way you will know what to do and you will be able to help your wife. These are the 7 steps, you can be with her during these steps, but make sure you don't appear in the pictures you are taking or her photo ID and her face. You should leave the room after taking the photo of the wife's face, after accepting the photo it will show a button "Start the test", before she clicks the "start the test" button you have to leave. The 30 minutes will start as soon as she presses the 'start test' button, she will need to read the questions very carefully and then click next on the little circle next to the answer she is choosing, after that she can click next question or mark the question to review it later. At the end of the 20 questions if all were answered will appear a 'submit' button, she needs to click that and it will ask her if she is sure about submitting, she clicks ok again, after that a screen with the results will pop up and at the bottom, there are two options: one to send the results by email and the second one to print the results. If she hasn't submitted the test at the 30 minutes mark it will close but the answer she provided will be sent to IRCC, either if she answered 20, 15, 10, or only 5 questions.

How to access the online test:

1. Sign in to the online test
  2. Read the privacy notice
  3. Read the terms and conditions
  4. Get the test link
  5. Confirm your identity again
  6. Take a photo of your personal identification
  7. Take a photo of yourself

Mar 29, 2022
Hi everyone. I'm a longtime lurker here but just joined to tell you all thank you. I've been using this forum since applying for my PR and I really appreciate all your help and guidance. My timeline is below-

Online application - Single
Apr 14, 2021 - Application submitted
Aug 20, 2021 - AOR
Nov 17, 2021 - Test Invite
Jan, 24, 2022 - Background completed
Mar 25, 2022 - Language, prohibitions and physical presence completed
Mar 28, 2022 - Oath Scheduled
Apr 20, 2022 - Oath ceremony :)

Processing office is Scarborough. Let me know if I can answer any questions to help anyone here.