+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 - Citizenship applications

gwynbleidd

May 12, 2021
It is really incredible how inefficient IRCC is at processing citizenship applications and makes one wonder about their hiring policies in these roles. We are living in an age where efficiency and processing speeds are hallmarks of modern organizations, but government departments... No, they still live in the stone age. I hope the next PM whoever he is takes a look at how these departments are run and fire everyone responsible for this disgraceful performance. Someone who actually knows what they are doing should revamp this whole thing.

ProntoTiny

Feb 11, 2022
It is really incredible how inefficient IRCC is at processing citizenship applications and makes one wonder about their hiring policies in these roles. We are living in an age where efficiency and processing speeds are hallmarks of modern organizations, but government departments... No, they still live in the stone age. I hope the next PM whoever he is takes a look at how these departments are run and fire everyone responsible for this disgraceful performance. Someone who actually knows what they are doing should revamp this whole thing.
Time to automate their work :)

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
I tried calling them bunch of times, could not even get to the waiting queue, they simply hung up. This is the only email I have used so far and even the fingerprint request was sent to me on that same email. But yeah I will try taking the test directly from link, lets see if it works fine for me.
Thanks!
Try using multiple phones to call them. They will blacklist your phone once they hung up on you for the day.

They blacklist your 1st phone, try the second phone, repeats

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
What does "TFR-Verification" on the "Application Status" mean? From the ATIP notes.

feliznavidad

Dec 24, 2021
Yay! Oath done today. Maybe not that surprising, but singing the national anthem was very emotional.

Single, online applicant, Montreal office
Submitted: Apr 15, 2021
AOR: Aug 24, 2021
Test approved: Nov 16, 2021
BG completed: Jan 24,2022
Language, physical presence, prohibitions: Feb 3, 2022
Oath tracker update: Feb 15, 2022
Oath email: Feb 21, 2022
Oath: Mar 4, 2022

I sincerely hope that everyone hears good news on their applications soon. Good wishes and good luck!

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
What does "TFR-Verification" on the "Application Status" mean? From the ATIP notes.
It means your file has been transferred to Ottawa for processing since you claimed residence as an international student or temp worker.

Reactions: cococly

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
Try using multiple phones to call them. They will blacklist your phone once they hung up on you for the day.

They blacklist your 1st phone, try the second phone, repeats
This is unacceptable behaviour. You need answers from them. It is so hard to understand how this works, how the process is so smooth and easy for some and on the contrary its really time-consuming and unexpected delays for others. This needs some serious attention.

singh073

Dec 12, 2017
I tried calling them bunch of times, could not even get to the waiting queue, they simply hung up. This is the only email I have used so far and even the fingerprint request was sent to me on that same email. But yeah I will try taking the test directly from link, lets see if it works fine for me.
Thanks!

I was able to login into the system, but after login they send the test link to the registered email to take test and I am not getting that link either. So can't take the test. IRCC is so messed up, they keep on wasting time of the applicants. First they sent fingerprint request in October last year on the same email and there was complete silent after that, now when it shows test is scheduled I don't see any email and I can't take test.

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
I was able to login into the system, but after login they send the test link to the registered email to take test and I am not getting that link either. So can't take the test. IRCC is so messed up, they keep on wasting time of the applicants. First they sent fingerprint request in October last year on the same email and there was complete silent after that, now when it shows test is scheduled I don't see any email and I can't take test.
here's the link for test

https://ct-tc.apps.cic.gc.ca/?lang=en

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
That sucks! Sorry to hear that. Did you add IRCC to your contacts and their email are not going to spam? Or they messed up your email address on file. You should receive the email, if they are sending it to you. Something is not right at their end I think.

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
Did you submit any web form yet? If No submit one immediately. As it says on the website:
You wish to report a technical issue with IRCC's online services. Please select 'Technical Difficulty' as your application/enquiry type. Do it and provide them a new email address.

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
Not sure how helpful this gonna be, but you can check this too https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test/access.html#no-link

aman_78671

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
We took our online test today and passed it successfully.
How long will it take to get the test update status on the online tracker?

Thanks!

Reactions: $Navi$