+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 - Citizenship applications

zroro

Mar 8, 2018
I just received my gcms notes. I only see updates on September 2021:
- Criminality clearance: Passed
- RCMP screening: No reportable trace
I do see security clearance, but they have hidden all details on that. Is there a way to know if I'm still in security clearance ? I did go through a longer than usual security clearance when I applied for PR, I'm not sure if they are doing this again..

I do see eligibility prohibition: Completed, whatever that means.. although on some other page it shows "Not started", along with Eligibility - language/knowledge/residence.. All of these are "Not started" and have Due Date: July 2022, which is 1 year from my AOR.

Processing office: Scarborough
Any idea what this means ? Please help!
I emailed my MP and here is what I got, well I emailed them before I got my gcms notes back:
  • The criminality verifications are currently valid.
  • The security verifications are in process.
  • The immigration verifications have not been initiated.
Is it normal not to start immigration verifications until security verification is complete ?

aman_78671

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
My BG got updated today and was showing completed in the morning but in the evening it went back to "In Progress".
Is it a glitch or something else?

FYI- BG was completed and came with the test invite today.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
My BG got updated today and was showing completed in the morning but in the evening it went back to "In Progress".
Is it a glitch or something else?

FYI- BG was completed and came with the test invite today.
Wait a few days and see what happened. This could be an indication the Fingerprints will be required from you or that something is still pending from the Criminality or security checks.

mrbreizh

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
I have similar timeline, but Vancouver office (Surrey on GCMS). My background is complete (Jan 20 2022), but Prohibition still in progress.

Hope I will get a test invite soon. paper based here too :(
Surrey looks very slow. Still waiting for DM 5 months after test. Timeline in signature.

singh073

Dec 12, 2017
Hi,

I checked the online citizenship tracker. There it says that I have been scheduled for the online citizenship test between 28 Feb to 21 March but I have not got any email from the IRCC yet regarding that. Sent a webform query ( not sure when I am going to get a reply) tried calling them but they are too busy even to put me in a waiting queue. Not sure what to do, any suggestions ?

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi,

I checked the online citizenship tracker. There it says that I have been scheduled for the online citizenship test between 28 Feb to 21 March but I have not got any email from the IRCC yet regarding that. Sent a webform query ( not sure when I am going to get a reply) tried calling them but they are too busy even to put me in a waiting queue. Not sure what to do, any suggestions ?
You don't need the email to access the online test, maybe check your spam/junk folder just to make sure you haven't received it. You can access the online test here https://ct-tc.apps.cic.gc.ca/?lang=en There is a step-by-step tutorial where you can get information about the test and steps you will need to follow. Good luck!

Reactions: singh073 and $Navi$

singh073

Dec 12, 2017
You don't need the email to access the online test, maybe check your spam/junk folder just to make sure you haven't received it. You can access the online test here https://ct-tc.apps.cic.gc.ca/?lang=en There is a step-by-step tutorial where you can get information about the test and steps you will need to follow. Good luck!
Thanks for your prompt response. I thought the same but again on the IRCC page, it says that we should wait for the email invitation before taking the test that's why was not sure if I should proceed to take the test.

Reactions: $Navi$

aacan

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
Nomination.....
01-09-2016
AOR Received.
07-02-2017
Med's Request
24-01-2019
Med's Done....
25-01-2019
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
25-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2019
LANDED..........
03-04-2019
20 months and a half since I sent my application ...
This sucks. Hang in there. Not easy, but it will happen. Hopefully with everything calming down pandemic wise, processing times will improve.