+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 - Citizenship applications

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
Thanks for your prompt response. I thought the same but again on the IRCC page, it says that we should wait for the email invitation before taking the test that's why was not sure if I should proceed to take the test.
Do you remember, if you ever gave another email address to IRCC? Recently, when I was expecting my ceremony invitation, I noticed that they sent it to my old email address, which I used to renew my PR card. Which was strange and unexpected for me. Thankfully, I have access to both of my emails. I would suggest you, wait a few more days before proceeding as you still have a lot of time left. What does it say in your tracker? Like they will email you the instructions or something or your next steps to do?

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
Hi,

I checked the online citizenship tracker. There it says that I have been scheduled for the online citizenship test between 28 Feb to 21 March but I have not got any email from the IRCC yet regarding that. Sent a webform query ( not sure when I am going to get a reply) tried calling them but they are too busy even to put me in a waiting queue. Not sure what to do, any suggestions ?
Test invitation email makes it official. As it says that you are invited to take the test but on the tracker, it just says you are scheduled to take the test. It's pretty confusing for sure, if you don't get the email for sure. I hope you will get the answer real quick from IRCC. Good luck.

Reactions: singh073

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Thanks for your prompt response. I thought the same but again on the IRCC page, it says that we should wait for the email invitation before taking the test that's why was not sure if I should proceed to take the test.
Others have experienced the same, no email, and used the direct link to do the test and they were fine. When you called IRCC did they confirm that your email address on file was the correct one? Do you have a representative? if you do the email may have gone to that email address. Otherwise, try to access the direct link and if it opens up the access to the test you should be fine, but if you receive the error message below, then you need to keep calling IRCC to verify the access for you.

Based on our records, we haven’t invited you to take this test right now.
You can’t take the test right now

Reactions: singh073 and $Navi$

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
Others have experienced the same, no email, and used the direct link to do the test and they were fine. When you called IRCC did they confirm that your email address on file was the correct one? Do you have a representative? if you do the email may have gone to that email address. Otherwise, try to access the direct link and if it opens up the access to the test you should be fine, but if you receive the error message below, then you need to keep calling IRCC to verify the access for you.

It's the best I think.

singh073

Dec 12, 2017
Do you remember, if you ever gave another email address to IRCC? Recently, when I was expecting my ceremony invitation, I noticed that they sent it to my old email address, which I used to renew my PR card. Which was strange and unexpected for me. Thankfully, I have access to both of my emails. I would suggest you, wait a few more days before proceeding as you still have a lot of time left. What does it say in your tracker? Like they will email you the instructions or something or your next steps to do?
I have just one email on the file that's where I get all the emails from IRCC, even for the fingerprint request I got on the same email. Yeah, on the tracker there was update on 18Feb which says that I have been scheduled for the test between 28Feb and 21 March and they will email me further information but have not got any yet

singh073

Dec 12, 2017

I tried calling them bunch of times, could not even get to the waiting queue, they simply hung up. This is the only email I have used so far and even the fingerprint request was sent to me on that same email. But yeah I will try taking the test directly from link, lets see if it works fine for me.
Thanks!

Reactions: Strongfaith42

$Navi$

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
I have just one email on the file that's where I get all the emails from IRCC, even for the fingerprint request I got on the same email. Yeah, on the tracker there was update on 18Feb which says that I have been scheduled for the test between 28Feb and 21 March and they will email me further information but have not got any yet
I understand, I gave only one email as well, which was the new one and they used that email to communicate throughout the process, but somehow they sent the ceremony invite on the old email. Which is my first ever email address with IRCC. So in your case I think you should follow @Strongfaith42 advice and go ahead with test, if website let you in then there shouldn't be an issue. He has a point there and I strongly agree with him that the website wouldn't let you in if you are not invited to take the test.

meaningful1

Dec 9, 2016
London
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
Your citizenship application status
Updated:January 21, 2022
Language skills- in progress
Physical presence- In progress
Citizenship test- not started
Background verification- completed
Prohibitions-- In progress
Citizenship ceremony- not started
April 2021 applicant.
Jan 20, 2022 -Background verification activity status updated.

Seem there are lots of absenteeisms at work.

ProntoTiny

Feb 11, 2022
Updated:January 21, 2022
Language skills- in progress
Physical presence- In progress
Citizenship test- not started
Background verification- completed
Prohibitions-- In progress
Citizenship ceremony- not started
April 2021 applicant.
Jan 20, 2022 -Background verification activity status updated.

Seem there are lots of absenteeisms at work.
we have almost identical time line .... by one day

meaningful1

Dec 9, 2016
London
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
What update(s) have you had if any? This process appear flawed, some applicants appear to be moving along nicely while others like us. . . . maybe, just seem stuck . I just get tired of checking, to see no updates. .

meaningful1

Dec 9, 2016
London
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-16
AOR Received.
03-10-16
AND JUST LIKE THAT SEE BELOW!!!!!

Updated:March 3, 2022
Your citizenship application status: In progress
Your next steps (1)
1 new update(s)

• Take the citizenship test
    Citizenship test

Reactions: sweet_mahsa

sweet_mahsa

Star Member
Mar 30, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
hey guys,
My application changed to completed for everything except the oath ceremony it shows not started. All this changed on January 27th! How long will I have to wait to get the oath invite?

Reactions: bacovcin

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
hey guys,
My application changed to completed for everything except the oath ceremony it shows not started. All this changed on January 27th! How long will I have to wait to get the oath invite?
Every case is different, this varies based on the local office processing your application, if it is online or paper application, it is regular or urgent processing, etc. Check the spreadsheet to get a sense of how others are doing in regards to the timeline. Regular processing times before COVID I think was around 2-6 months now with COVID and the backlog it could take many several months.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iXCMs0mYtJZwYTTIH3LDmHK1tgK7yqAgQ5Jfyxv7BEI/edit#gid=2093304809

Reactions: sweet_mahsa

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
AND JUST LIKE THAT SEE BELOW!!!!!

Updated:March 3, 2022
Your citizenship application status: In progress
Your next steps (1)
1 new update(s)

• Take the citizenship test
    Citizenship test
Congratulations!!! What are the test window dates? And please let us know once you have received the official test invite email. Thanks