+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2021 - Citizenship applications

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hello, I have a question, about how to fill the other names used section.
Name at birth will be my current name, now where I am from there is a culture to use fathers name as middle name, hence some of my documents have my fathers name as middle name, so when I provide that information, it asks me why was this name used and the options are 1) Name at Birth, 2) Maiden Name, 3) Married name, 4) Previously married name, 5) Alias/Nickname.
Not sure what to select.
I had similar issue, I have three last names (Father, Mother and Husband's), therefore my full name is very long, I provided all the versions some organizations have used here in Canada and also checked my Credit report as you can see what are the names they have for you and reported all of them in my application as Alias/Nickname. In your case as your father's last name could be use as Middle name, I would suggest that you write a letter of explanation, indicating exactly what you have stated here about your Father's last name and include that with your application.

rohitkadam

Feb 13, 2017
I had similar issue, I have three last names (Father, Mother and Husband's), therefore my full name is very long, I provided all the versions some organizations have used here in Canada and also checked my Credit report as you can see what are the names they have for you and reported all of them in my application as Alias/Nickname. In your case as your father's last name could be use as Middle name, I would suggest that you write a letter of explanation, indicating exactly what you have stated here about your Father's last name and include that with your application.
So for my case also is Alias/Nickname applicable of the 5 options? Also I am probably doing online application, is there a way to upload letter of explanation ?

kpsingh242424

Mar 10, 2019
Hi guys -
quick question, I filed an online application recently on Apr 24. I got my digital photos clicked from a studio here in GTA area.
My query is - Do we have to attach the photographer's details as well? in the online application? I didn't do and I didnt find a slot to attach the receipt.
In case it is needed, what can I do now to correct it?

Thanks!

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
So for my case also is Alias/Nickname applicable of the 5 options? Also I am probably doing online application, is there a way to upload letter of explanation ?
I don't know about online, but I can imagine there will be an option to upload documents to your application.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi guys -
quick question, I filed an online application recently on Apr 24. I got my digital photos clicked from a studio here in GTA area.
My query is - Do we have to attach the photographer's details as well? in the online application? I didn't do and I didnt find a slot to attach the receipt.
In case it is needed, what can I do now to correct it?

Thanks!
I don't know much about online applications, mine were paper applications (family of 5), but for I have read it appears that you should scan the back of your photo with information about photographer and also a scan copy of the receipt, don't know the details about how they uploaded that information. Maybe someone with experience on submitting online application can help in answering your question.

Reactions: kpsingh242424

uday121

Jan 12, 2016
Hi , me and my wife want to apply for citizenship as we both have reached the eligibility . We have landed as PR's on same date .I have learned that only single applicant can apply online . Can me and my wife file a online application individually ?

loveabhic

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Montréal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
Med's Done....
14-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2017
Hello, I have a question, about how to fill the other names used section.
Name at birth will be my current name, now where I am from there is a culture to use fathers name as middle name, hence some of my documents have my fathers name as middle name, so when I provide that information, it asks me why was this name used and the options are 1) Name at Birth, 2) Maiden Name, 3) Married name, 4) Previously married name, 5) Alias/Nickname.
Not sure what to select.
Is you name mentioned in the current passport and PR card different from your name of birth? I would go with what is mentioned in your passport and PR card.

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Hi , me and my wife want to apply for citizenship as we both have reached the eligibility . We have landed as PR's on same date .I have learned that only single applicant can apply online . Can me and my wife file a online application individually ?
If you are not including/sponsoring kids, yes you can each submit your application online, you will need to create two different accounts to do so.

Vincent02

May 3, 2021
Hey guys, I have a quick question about the account creation process of the online application.

I was trying to create an account several days ago. Since it needs an email address, I provided my own personal gmail. However, although the website said that it already sent a verification email to the address provided, I didn’t receive anything for a long time. I pressed resent, and after a while it just started to indicate that the system is down. Even until now, I still haven’t received anything, and I just can’t start any other process for application.

I was wondering did anyone have the same problem? Was this a result of the system? Thanks!

kpsingh242424

Mar 10, 2019
Hey guys, I have a quick question about the account creation process of the online application.

I was trying to create an account several days ago. Since it needs an email address, I provided my own personal gmail. However, although the website said that it already sent a verification email to the address provided, I didn’t receive anything for a long time. I pressed resent, and after a while it just started to indicate that the system is down. Even until now, I still haven’t received anything, and I just can’t start any other process for application.

I was wondering did anyone have the same problem? Was this a result of the system? Thanks!
Please check the Promotions tab or Spam folder if you're using gmail. You should also mark the email as safe, so the future emails come to your inbox.

lizzielino

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
App. Filed.......
05-04-2017
Doc's Request.
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-04-2017
Please Who is adding people to the spreadsheet? I see quite a number of us for weeks have asked to be added and nothing has been done yet. Kindly go back to previous chats and add those that were missed. Thanks

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Please Who is adding people to the spreadsheet? I see quite a number of us for weeks have asked to be added and nothing has been done yet. Kindly go back to previous chats and add those that were missed. Thanks
Hi, anyone with access to the spreadsheet can update and add those that have requested to do so. I am a March 2021 applicant and have been voluntarily updating the April 2021, I have a full time time work and when the time permits I come to the forum and try to keep up with update. Can I kindly ask those that I have missed to please forward the information tagging me, so I can catch up with this updates? Thanks

lizzielino

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
App. Filed.......
05-04-2017
Doc's Request.
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-04-2017
Hi, anyone with access to the spreadsheet can update and add those that have requested to do so. I am a March 2021 applicant and have been voluntarily updating the April 2021, I have a full time time work and when the time permits I come to the forum and try to keep up with update. Can I kindly ask those that I have missed to please forward the information tagging me, so I can catch up with this updates? Thanks
Kindly add me to the spread sheet :
Physical Presence Days:1264
Application: Single
Application sent: April 14,2021- online
Delivered: April 14, 2021
5 Year Eligibility: 2016-04-14 to 2021-04-13
AOR: pending

Thanks

Strongfaith42

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2015
Please add details of my friend's application to the tracker: