+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2020 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

Tishawn

Jul 22, 2015
I called IRCC on Friday August 28th to check if they received my sponsorship application which was signed for at CPC Sydney on April 16, 2020. The agent who was very friendly, gave me a temporary application number starting with two letters (e.g. TF3333322) and she noted the following:
i. My application is in the system.
ii. They are going through my file/package and conducting completeness checks.
iii. Once the completeness check is completed, they will send me an email with a permanent application number which is the same as the temporary number but without the two letters.

The IRCC agent also explained that I won't be able to link/access my application with the temporary number; I have to wait for the permanent number to do this.

The number I called is 1888-242-2100 and then I selected '2' then '1' then '0'.

Keep safe guys and keep the faith.

Toby2020

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
I called IRCC on Friday August 28th to check if they received my sponsorship application which was signed for at CPC Sydney on April 16, 2020. The agent who was very friendly, gave me a temporary application number starting with two letters (e.g. TF3333322) and she noted the following:
iii. Once the completeness check is completed, they will send me an email with a permanent application number which is the same as the temporary number but without the two letters.

The IRCC agent also explained that I won't be able to link/access my application with the temporary number; I have to wait for the permanent number to do this.

TF? Don’t temporary numbers usually start with XF?1

macord2k20

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020

By any chance the Agent mentioned how long is the backlog ?, or if they will try/attempt to mantain the 12 month period, or if it will be extended due to the backlog/covid situation ?

dody86

Jul 16, 2020
I am 30th April applicant. IRCC give me today temporary file number. He said we should not expect to recieve any further information at least in the next two months.

Reactions: Mishthi

aznboix

Jul 21, 2020
I am 30th April applicant. IRCC give me today temporary file number. He said we should not expect to recieve any further information at least in the next two months.
I just called them, and they didn't give me anything. Just keep telling me "nothing in their system yet. Just be patient".

adyc

Star Member
Apr 12, 2020
Ottawa
Hey everyone! I also got a temporary file number as I received my ordered GCMS notes today. Seems like my application is in queue for processing. Not much showing in the notes but it’s good to confirm that all my info has been keyed in the system.

A fellow applicant who called the call centre said they were told it looks like AoR should be issued 18-20 weeks after date of receipt - this is not verified by anyone else though just something to keep in mind.