+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***APRIL 2020 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP***

Thyro

Sep 1, 2020
Hi everyone on April 6 all my documents reached Nova Scotia office and I phoned to IRCC officials today and received temporary file number XF08899689 on Sep 1 and they are currently working on late March to first week of may applications that’s what she told me

farazh89

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone on April 6 all my documents reached Nova Scotia office and I phoned to IRCC officials today and received temporary file number XF08899689 on Sep 1 and they are currently working on late March to first week of may applications that’s what she told me
Hello, congratulations on getting your number, is that the actual number? If yes then you should not be sharing the file number publicly.

Reactions: Toby2020

SJohnson

Star Member
Apr 26, 2020
Oh wow that's good! I got my temp number too, but since I can't even do anything with it, it's like what's the use. I did take it as a sign that they were going to start my application soon! She did say that they were only processing Feb 12th and before, to me, but they've obviously started on March hence the excel updates. My application was received by tracked Canada Post on April 14th.

demonio47

Jun 26, 2020
Called CIC today on 1-888-242-2100 with option selected 2-1-0. My application was delivered on April 27,2020 agent told me they are working on applications received in Feb so you might not hear from us for AOR for a bit but they gave me a temporary file number XF0000849465(just for example).

Reactions: meowmeslowly

meowmeslowly

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver
I also called IRCC today using the same number and option as above. Agent informed mail is being opened and scanned, but not being worked on due to lack of staff in the offices to handle paper applications. My application sent in April was scanned in 3 weeks ago. The temporary file number they give you will become the ACTUAL application number minus the X. The temp number cannot be used to link accounts or check application status. Like others have said, the temp number can't be used to do anything, except give us a sense of progress. Notifications will be sent by EMAIL. Pre-covid processing time was about 12 months. Covid processing times will be longer, but no estimated time frame. That's all. I hope everyone continues to move forward in their applications. I really appreciate all the information everyone shares here. I'm sure the suspense has been greying out my hair haha!

Davinder Randhawa

Star Member
Aug 6, 2020
We already made a call in july and at that time they told us about lack of staff was a reason for delay. If temproary number has not any use then i think doing wait will be better for AOR.
But they are taking too much time. Should we call MP??

jasluke

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone, our file reached at nova scotia on 9th April, 2020. Till now, we haven't got any mail regarding AOR. What we have to do????
Our application was also delivered on 9th April 2020. The coming few weeks will give us an idea. Early March outland applicants have received Biometrics requests and SA as well. The good thing is they've at least started working.

KSADK

Sep 3, 2020
My application was received on April 16. I called IRCC, they provided me with a temporary XF number. They informed me that info was entered on august 16. What does this mean for my application?