+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APRIL 2020 - INLAND Spousal Sponsorship

pwalia

Mar 6, 2021
We have sent out our Application (Common-Law Sponsorship + OWP) today by UPS. It should get there on Monday.
My status in Canada expires April 10th, so I hope it gets received by then.
Hi did u received your PR ? Just wandering as I am in a queue so just wanted any update

Srivi

Dec 11, 2020
Hi,
Has anyone received a query from IRCC to resubmit PCC (from Indian Embassy) since the one submitted with the application is more than a year old now? If yes, did you re-apply with Indian Consulate, Toronto? The website mentions taking upto 8 weeks for the certificate (if everything goes well in India). In the event, I have to reapply, the address mentioned in my passport is no longer valid (since we sold the house recently) and my dad has moved to a different place. Should I write this new address in my application (I have no address proof for this new address since I did not travel or stay in India in the past 5 years.) My dad has proofs for this new address. What should I do? (renewing passport with the new address is going to cause greater confusion, I guess and I believe, Tatkal passport is not issued if the address is different, am I correct?)... oops, too confusing, Sorry! Thanks, if anyone can explain.

Srivi

Dec 11, 2020
They get creative in finding new ways to screw people over . Wish you all the best though :)
Hi, I have recd letter from IRCC "It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and if applicable...." And further down the letter they have asked to pay RPR fee (which I did not pay upfront). No SA yet (my partner has not recd any email. Can this be considered AIP? Is there a possibility that IRCC will ask for documents or reject application at this stage as well?
Your reply is appreciated!

Awthabit

Oct 23, 2020
Hi, I have recd letter from IRCC "It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and if applicable...." And further down the letter they have asked to pay RPR fee (which I did not pay upfront). No SA yet (my partner has not recd any email. Can this be considered AIP? Is there a possibility that IRCC will ask for documents or reject application at this stage as well?
Your reply is appreciated!
Congratulations!

They may ask for additional documents to determine if your sponsor is an eligible sponsor. For me, they gave me the SA but asked for additional documents regarding my eligibility for PR.

Reactions: J20190911

Srivi

Dec 11, 2020
Congratulations!

They may ask for additional documents to determine if your sponsor is an eligible sponsor. For me, they gave me the SA but asked for additional documents regarding my eligibility for PR.
I see on ecas DM for sponsor and PA. Havent heard from my lawyer yet abt the letter for SA. Waiting

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Just an update, My sister-in-law has gotten her AIP status through linked online account today. She is a April 15th applicant.

Last edited:
Reactions: J20190911 and jd8i

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Hi everyone. My sister-in-law now received the "Invitation to Pre-arrival services" letter. What does this mean really? I honestly don't understand why they issue these letters since pre-arrival services are only available to those outside Canada. Since this is an Inland PR process, the letter is moot.

Last edited:

jd8i

May 7, 2015
Canada
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone. My sister-in-law now received the "Invitation to Pre-arrival services" letter. What does this mean really? I honestly don't understand why they issue these letters since pre-arrival services are only available to those outside Canada. Since this is an Inland PR process, the letter is moot.
The pre-arrival letter is mostly useless to inland applicants.

Reactions: screech339

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
The pre-arrival letter is mostly useless to inland applicants.
I can see someone panicking over this believing their application was considered Outland instead of Inland if they received this. To be honest, IRCC shouldn't even issue these letters in the first place. They are just too lazy to only send it to Outland applicants, instead sent it to everyone regardless of which PR process the applicant chose.

Srivi

Dec 11, 2020
//Important: Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of
your stay in Canada.//
The above statement was part of the letter I received stating that I meet the eligibility requirements for applying for Permanent residence under Spouse - in Canada class.
Hi all, I have a doubt if this statement applies to inland applicants. My Indian passport expires in Sept 2022, should I renew before applying for PR card upon receiving CoPR (eventually and hopefully!) Thanks in advance.

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
//Important: Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of
your stay in Canada.//
The above statement was part of the letter I received stating that I meet the eligibility requirements for applying for Permanent residence under Spouse - in Canada class.
Hi all, I have a doubt if this statement applies to inland applicants. My Indian passport expires in Sept 2022, should I renew before applying for PR card upon receiving CoPR (eventually and hopefully!) Thanks in advance.
You have about a year and half to go before expiry, so I wouldn't worry so much about that

Bacrs

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
Anyone from April 8 and earlier that haven't received AIP or SA? Starting to freak out, it'll be soon 2 months since I completed medicals while they are skipping ahead.

Reactions: Awthabit

Awthabit

Oct 23, 2020
Anyone from April 8 and earlier that haven't received AIP or SA? Starting to freak out, it'll be soon 2 months since I completed medicals while they are skipping ahead.
Still no AIP but we received SA around Feb. 27 (note: we received SA on the sponsor's e-mail).

They asked me for additional documentation on Feb. 28, which I provided a few days later. I still have not heard anything back.

Awthabit

Oct 23, 2020
Still no AIP but we received SA around Feb. 27 (note: we received SA on the sponsor's e-mail).

They asked me for additional documentation on Feb. 28, which I provided a few days later. I still have not heard anything back.
I'm an April 2nd applicant, by the way