+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APRIL 2020 - INLAND Spousal Sponsorship

Martusik

Feb 28, 2021
Hello,
Due to Covid there is an extra post-graduate work permit, so you can apply for a work permit under this public policy. I don't think you need any letter.Also this new work permit is going to be for 18 months.
What you're saying is to send my application for sponsorship without an application and/or letter for a work permit, and wait till June to apply for my post-graduate work permit extension because I must meet the 5 requirements, one of them is - will expire within 4 months from the date you apply for this open work permit.

Thanks,

S.Basra

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
What you're saying is to send my application for sponsorship without an application and/or letter for a work permit, and wait till June to apply for my post-graduate work permit extension because I must meet the 5 requirements, one of them is - will expire within 4 months from the date you apply for this open work permit.

Thanks,
Ok, so there are 2 ways for you to get a work permit. While applying for inland spousal sponsorship, work permit can be applied as well but as you already have a work permit there is no point of doing that. In your case you have another option to get second PGWP, so for that you also have to wait.
You can apply for work permit later as you already have a work permit. It is recommended to apply work permit with inland spousal application if someone do not have status/work permit but in your case you already have a work permit.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
It appears that IRCC is working with some April Applicants. As 3 of them have gotten Sponsor Approval and/or AIP stage.

S.Basra

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
It appears that IRCC is working with some April Applicants. As 3 of them have gotten Sponsor Approval and/or AIP stage.
Thank you for sharing, AIP in 11 months , who knows when sponsorship will be finalized!! This whole immigration is a chaos at the moment, lets hope for the best...

S.Basra

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
Hello! We received:
- Dec 11, 2020: OWP (actual physical permit came couple days later in mail)
- Jan 6, 2021: AOR ... an email “This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2020/04/29 on behalf of the following member(s): xxxxx” I believe this is the AOR but not entirely sure lol, is this the AOR?
- Jan 11, 2021: Medical request

couple of questions!
1. Is it normal for medical request to come before biometrics request? I’m sorry if this has been answered. I’ve tried reading through many forums and haven’t really found anyone asking this question.

2. At what point in the application process is the spouse typically approved? I would have thought they would have approved the spouse first before they requested more things from the applicant. I’m just confused on the timeline of all these steps honestly. Any insight is greatly appreciated :)
Hi, how long did it take for you to get OWP after sending application? Also, if you get more updates..?
Hope, you wont mind sharing?

Thanks

Awthabit

Oct 23, 2020
Can I ask, what documents? to prove relationship? Could you pls give some details? Thanks
they asked for 3 thing:

1. Additional documents to prove cohabitation/ legitimacy of the relationship (I thought this was absurd since me and my sponsor have a baby together...). I provided a lease agreement, statements from a joint bank account, and some bills for our address;

2. IMM 0008 - I'm quite unsure why they asked for this document since i'm fairly certain that I submitted it with my original application. Regardless, I filled, signed (electronically and by hand) and submitted the document;

3. Criminal record check - I got a criminal record check from my local police service and submitted it. I resided outside Canada for longer than 6 months since the age of 18 so they are requiring my to submit another criminal record check from that country. I've contacted the embassy but i am having a hard time attaining the document so far.

Note that my wife received the SA regardless of the fact that the IRCC needed additional documents for my application. Also, if you are looking to get a criminal record check, i am fairly certain most police services offer an online criminal record check

Let me know if you have any other questions

Srivi

Dec 11, 2020
they asked for 3 thing:

1. Additional documents to prove cohabitation/ legitimacy of the relationship (I thought this was absurd since me and my sponsor have a baby together...). I provided a lease agreement, statements from a joint bank account, and some bills for our address;

2. IMM 0008 - I'm quite unsure why they asked for this document since i'm fairly certain that I submitted it with my original application. Regardless, I filled, signed (electronically and by hand) and submitted the document;

3. Criminal record check - I got a criminal record check from my local police service and submitted it. I resided outside Canada for longer than 6 months since the age of 18 so they are requiring my to submit another criminal record check from that country. I've contacted the embassy but i am having a hard time attaining the document so far.

Note that my wife received the SA regardless of the fact that the IRCC needed additional documents for my application. Also, if you are looking to get a criminal record check, i am fairly certain most police services offer an online criminal record check

Let me know if you have any other questions
Thanks for your detailed reply.
1. The docs you mentioned for cohabitatiin - are they as updated ones since it is almost a yr since we submitted the proofs? Or coz you didnt submit them with your appln?
2. Imm008 - guess, I submitted, but can resubmit if they ask
3. PCC from other countries - I have submitted them but they may have lost their validity coz of the time gap in processing, is it the same issue for you or is it coz you never submitted them with appln?

Awthabit

Oct 23, 2020
Thanks for your detailed reply.
1. The docs you mentioned for cohabitatiin - are they as updated ones since it is almost a yr since we submitted the proofs? Or coz you didnt submit them with your appln?
2. Imm008 - guess, I submitted, but can resubmit if they ask
3. PCC from other countries - I have submitted them but they may have lost their validity coz of the time gap in processing, is it the same issue for you or is it coz you never submitted them with appln?
1. I sent proofs with my original application, but at the time we didn’t have a lease agreement as we were living with family. I think they’re just looking for updated forms at this point
3. I never submitted one because on the outline, it mentioned that I did not have to include a PCC if it’s my country of citizenship. I was instructed to wait until I received the request for the PCC from the IRCC before I got it.

in your case though, they may ask for an updated one since it has been almost a year. However, assuming have not left Canada, they may just allow the use of the original document.

Srivi

Dec 11, 2020
1. I sent proofs with my original application, but at the time we didn’t have a lease agreement as we were living with family. I think they’re just looking for updated forms at this point
3. I never submitted one because on the outline, it mentioned that I did not have to include a PCC if it’s my country of citizenship. I was instructed to wait until I received the request for the PCC from the IRCC before I got it.

in your case though, they may ask for an updated one since it has been almost a year. However, assuming have not left Canada, they may just allow the use of the original document.
Yep...havent left the country in 5 yrs now :)....let's see what IRCC comes up with

Reactions: Awthabit

jd8i

May 7, 2015
Canada
Category........
FAM
Application received by CIC on April 09 2020. Not even a single update after that. I havent received AOR yet. Is this normal?
Not normal. You can call IRCC to see if they have at least received your application.