+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APRIL 2020 - INLAND Spousal Sponsorship

magm

Jan 9, 2020
Has anyone else who had their application received April 8th not yet able to link their OWP application yet? I'm seeing other people saying that they are able to link theirs and i am getting slightly worried!

Awthabit

Oct 23, 2020
Hello guys,

I’m an April 2nd applicant and I gave IRCC a call today regarding my work permit. Nonetheless, they ran the completeness check so I should be receiving the AOR soon. Hopefully other April applicants will begin receiving their AOR soon as well.

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello guys,

I’m an April 2nd applicant and I gave IRCC a call today regarding my work permit. Nonetheless, they ran the completeness check so I should be receiving the AOR soon. Hopefully other April applicants will begin receiving their AOR soon as well.
So they only sent the work permit back?

Awthabit

Oct 23, 2020
So they only sent the work permit back?
Indeed that’s what happened. I was supposed to include a written signature by the electronic signature, which I did not do.

It was not written in the instruction manual but apparently you’re supposed to include a written signature for all paper-based applications.

Joeydocs

Sep 5, 2017
Pickering
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Indeed that’s what happened. I was supposed to include a written signature by the electronic signature, which I did not do.

It was not written in the instruction manual but apparently you’re supposed to include a written signature for all paper-based applications.
I didn’t hand sign my open work permit application. If that’s a rule it should be clearly stated in the checklist. a little ridiculous but at least they didn’t return the whole application.

Awthabit

Oct 23, 2020
Don’
I didn’t hand sign my open work permit application. If that’s a rule it should be clearly stated in the checklist. a little ridiculous but at least they didn’t return the whole application.
don’t get me wrong, I’m fuming. I have a 2 month old baby and the fact that my work permit is being delayed for something I could not have possibly assumed is ridiculous. They should clearly state that on the application if that is what they expect!

if I were you, I would re-fill the form, sign it, and send it to them online. Hopefully you get it to them in time.

p.s. I’m sorry if I stressed you out just trying to get the word out there for others that may have made a similar mistake

ritz261

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
barrie
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-11-2018
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
Med's Request
14-05-2019
Med's Done....
27-05-2019
Interview........
11-01-2020
Passport Req..
04-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2019
LANDED..........
11-01-2020
Can you tell me your whole application PR sponsorship + OWP was returned or Just OWP application was returned?

ritz261

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
barrie
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-11-2018
AOR Received.
19-02-2019
Med's Request
14-05-2019
Med's Done....
27-05-2019
Interview........
11-01-2020
Passport Req..
04-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2019
LANDED..........
11-01-2020

Awthabit

Oct 23, 2020
Not yet but when I spoke to them on the phone, they told me that the completeness check was done and that I should expect AOR soon

Mxn

Mar 13, 2020
Hi there! I applied on April 23 and submitted my work permit application in the same package (paper base), got a temporary AOR# and haven’t been able to link my application, my advisor told me it’s because of the number, that I can only link it with the final AOR#. I’ve seen some ppl had linked their applications even with a temporary # and also see the status of the WP, how can I do that?

kaylaud

Oct 29, 2020
Hi there! I applied on April 23 and submitted my work permit application in the same package (paper base), got a temporary AOR# and haven’t been able to link my application, my advisor told me it’s because of the number, that I can only link it with the final AOR#. I’ve seen some ppl had linked their applications even with a temporary # and also see the status of the WP, how can I do that?
I was able to link my owp with the UCI from a previous Visitor extension application. We are April 1st applicants and haven’t gotten an official AOR yet just the OWP approval

Mxn

Mar 13, 2020
I was able to link my owp with the UCI from a previous Visitor extension application. We are April 1st applicants and haven’t gotten an official AOR yet just the OWP approval
Thank you! I tried with the UCI too but didn’t allow me either, I guess I’ll need to wait to receive any notification from them...