Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I am caught outside of Canada in Europe (Covid and PR card expiry related) and it is not typical for someone in a Pharmacy/Drugstore/Chemist to stamp a photograph with the date. It is also very difficult to find someone who can take photos and print for the size required. It is even more challenging to get someone to open up the shop in the middle of the catastrophic public health emergency to reprint photos they already gave to you! And asking them to sign and date the back of the photos seems alien and absurd to many.
None the less that is what I did and given that the guy in the photo shop did not have a stamp (!) I backed my actions up by going to the police station to get them to date stamp it.
I know it is easy to pop into shoppers to get a photo taken when you are in Canada and that they automatically stamp the back of the photo but I did not see anything on the checklist or guidelines that said that the photo had to be date stamped by someone who took and printed the photo. I think it would be helpful if these guidelines were clear - I lost a lot of time because of it. Many thanks.
I totally agree. Same problem I had in US as many/most studios/shops dont stamp. I had to hunt some tiny shops/freelancers to get the right size and the stamp to get through PR application accepted without problem.
Other think in that case you should have tried the receipt of photo taken. But its past, will see how it goes on the one it has already been sent.

Samirabdou

Aug 24, 2020
Why where your application returned for the first time?
Regarding the photos no one can assure you since photos most not be more than 6 months old, it all depends on your luck now
my first appllication was returned because I forgot to check off a box for CBSA information release

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
I totally agree. Same problem I had in US as many/most studios/shops dont stamp. I had to hunt some tiny shops/freelancers to get the right size and the stamp to get through PR application accepted without problem.
Other think in that case you should have tried the receipt of photo taken. But its past, will see how it goes on the one it has already been sent.
I doubt the receipt would have remained with ink on it for even a week! Anyway I am relieved to know I am not the only one spending my time in search of someone who can take the photo and print out the correct size and agree to sign it....

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
my first appllication was returned because I forgot to check off a box for CBSA information release
I also forgot to tick one box which was infuriating because I believed I had checked and triple checked the application and checked it again..... I was pretty annoyed to get it back!

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015

Tarundhingraa

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
Hello Guys
Application sent on 8th April 2020 and received on 13th April 2020
No reply
I can’t even check the status.
I forgot to take the stamp on the back of the picture but still the application is not returned.
Is it mandatory to have the date stamp? As I noticed one of the application got returned for someone in thread

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
Hello Guys
Application sent on 8th April 2020 and received on 13th April 2020
No reply
I can’t even check the status.
I forgot to take the stamp on the back of the picture but still the application is not returned.
Is it mandatory to have the date stamp? As I noticed one of the application got returned for someone in thread
Date stamp is important to determine how old the picture is. As the photos must not be more than 6 months old.

Tarundhingraa

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
Date stamp is important to determine how old the picture is. As the photos must not be more than 6 months old.
Thanks Buddy
Fingers crossed and they haven’t returned my application yet and I hope they won’t !! can you add me n the spread sheet ?
If we get AOR n oct,can someone guide me the further process and till when can we expect our ceremony

rome5000

Star Member
May 1, 2019
Toronto
Visa Office......
Scarborough
I also forgot to tick one box which was infuriating because I believed I had checked and triple checked the application and checked it again..... I was pretty annoyed to get it back!
Me and my partner checked both applications for 5(!) times line by line. And then I offered to check it once again. And you know what, we found 1 box which wasn’t ticked. Fortunately it wasn’t returned,because we fixed it before sending but I know how it feels.

Tarundhingraa

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
they returned my application with the same reason of photograph that the date is not mentioned and have to send it again
Does it mean my timeline will get started again or will this consider from April
Reason
Your photographs are missing or not to specification. your pictures have not been stamped and dated by the photographer

phoenix111

Nov 7, 2017
they returned my application with the same reason of photograph that the date is not mentioned and have to send it again
Does it mean my timeline will get started again or will this consider from April
Reason
Your photographs are missing or not to specification. your pictures have not been stamped and dated by the photographer
Hi, when did they return your application? Was it one or both your photos that weren't stamped?

Tarundhingraa

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
Hi, when did they return your application? Was it one or both your photos that weren't stamped?
Me and wife both the application returned via mail.
I got it today.
I mean all photos only.Somehow I forgot to take the date and stamp.
Will my application considered to be a new again or if I send it with proper stamping, will they consider it from April now ?