Application type: Single
Physical presence: 1133 days
Application sent: Apr 3, 2020
Application delivered: Apr 14, 2020
AOR: Sep 16, 2020
In Process: Dec 2, 2020
Added you to the tracker.

Jan 12, 2020
Can someone help to share the websites or materials for Canadian Citizenship test. I know that it will be 3 to 5 months taken for May month application and would like to start studying the materials for testing.

Eric0525

Sep 15, 2020
I called IRCC today, and the agent told me they're just waiting for one more result before transferring my file to the local office (Calgary in my case). He also told me the local office is the one responsible for sending out test invitations.

elmas

Jan 28, 2016
I called IRCC today, and the agent told me they're just waiting for one more result before transferring my file to the local office (Calgary in my case). He also told me the local office is the one responsible for sending out test invitations.
Do you know if the invitations will be sent out by email or regular mail?

im2kool

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
What is your current status online? If it says in process then it means you file is with the local office.

Eric0525

Sep 15, 2020
What is your current status online? If it says in process then it means you file is with the local office.
it say "in process" but my understanding is that each file will be first processed in Sydney office and then transferred to a local office. This is what the agent told me as well.

AshMELEK

Dec 16, 2020
Hi, my status changed to "in process" on Dec 8 2020.

Last month, my father passed away in my home country and I am finding myself in a situation where I need to go back there from time to time (for a few days each time) to wind things up to resume my life in Canada.

I have a few questions:

a) Is CIC still processing applications or are they stopping everything during this lockdown.
b) For April 2020 applicants, when are they expected to send "Test Invite" letters.
c) Do they send these letters by email or by post?
d) What is the usual approximate lead time between me receiving the "Test Invite" letter and the date of the Test itself?
e) In a situation like mine, do I qualify for "urgent processing"?

Thank you

supercake

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
VANCOUVER
Hi, my status changed to "in process" on Dec 8 2020.

Last month, my father passed away in my home country and I am finding myself in a situation where I need to go back there from time to time (for a few days each time) to wind things up to resume my life in Canada.

I have a few questions:

a) Is CIC still processing applications or are they stopping everything during this lockdown.
b) For April 2020 applicants, when are they expected to send "Test Invite" letters.
c) Do they send these letters by email or by post?
d) What is the usual approximate lead time between me receiving the "Test Invite" letter and the date of the Test itself?
e) In a situation like mine, do I qualify for "urgent processing"?

Thank you
So sorry for your loss.

a) yes they are still processing, where is your local office?

b) no one can accurately guess but it will be a few months from now, at least. They seem to be still going through late 2019. I think 1 or 2 urgent processing in early 2020 have been invited so far but they are not forum users so hard to verify - the info cane from another user on a Facebook page.

c) email

d) from what I have seen you have 30 days to complete the test after receiving the email - you must be in Canada

e) based on the info you have given, you do not qualify for UP unless you do not have and cannot get a valid travel document to enter your home country? Read more: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/apply/urgently.html

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
What checks are being performed on your application and for which check IRCC was waiting for your file before being sent out to local iRCC office ?