+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

Imy2020

Mar 29, 2020
Hi everyone,
I checked On-Line Services on IRCC website, it says that we will be contacted by IRCC by mail for both the test and interview time and place. Please see the text below.

Is this new? Or it was mentioned like this on IRCC website previously while people were yet notified through email?

I thought notifications used to be through email. I have to be out of the country to visit my parents, for a couple of months, and now I am getting nervous that IRCC might contact me through mail instead of email, and that time could be tight between the moment my friend check my mails (not daily), call me to notify me, and me taking a flight back to Canada.
Thanks for your help!

Link: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?lang=en&redir=app_gra
Application In Process
Your file has been sent to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) office closest to your home for processing.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada officials will complete the necessary steps to make a decision on your application. If additional information or documents are needed, you will be contacted.

If you are between the ages of 18 and 54, you will have to meet the knowledge and language requirements for citizenship. The citizenship test will determine if you meet the knowledge requirements for citizenship. You will be notified by mail about the time and place of your test. Adult applicants who are 55 years old or older are not required to take the citizenship test.

An interview with a citizenship officer or citizenship judge may also be required. Should this be necessary, you will be notified by mail about the time and place of your interview.

sachinsoman1988

Oct 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
LANDED..........
26-09-2016
Hi everyone,
I checked On-Line Services on IRCC website, it says that we will be contacted by IRCC by mail for both the test and interview time and place. Please see the text below.

Is this new? Or it was mentioned like this on IRCC website previously while people were yet notified through email?

I thought notifications used to be through email. I have to be out of the country to visit my parents, for a couple of months, and now I am getting nervous that IRCC might contact me through mail instead of email, and that time could be tight between the moment my friend check my mails (not daily), call me to notify me, and me taking a flight back to Canada.
Thanks for your help!

Application In Process
Your file has been sent to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) office closest to your home for processing.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada officials will complete the necessary steps to make a decision on your application. If additional information or documents are needed, you will be contacted.

If you are between the ages of 18 and 54, you will have to meet the knowledge and language requirements for citizenship. The citizenship test will determine if you meet the knowledge requirements for citizenship. You will be notified by mail about the time and place of your test. Adult applicants who are 55 years old or older are not required to take the citizenship test.

An interview with a citizenship officer or citizenship judge may also be required. Should this be necessary, you will be notified by mail about the time and place of your interview.
Nobody knows for sure when we will get invited for test/interview. Considering that there are people from Oct-2019 who are still waiting for the same, chances are slim to none for folks in April-2020 to get test/interview invite in the next couple of months.

Reactions: Imy2020

elmas

Jan 28, 2016
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your help!

Application In Process

Do you know if a new line is added to the online account when the test date is mailed out? If that is the case, you can check your account every day and then let your friend know.

Reactions: Imy2020

Imy2020

Mar 29, 2020
Do you know if a new line is added to the online account when the test date is mailed out? If that is the case, you can check your account every day and then let your friend know.
I am not sure if IRCC will update it on the On-Line service account. But it is a good point I will keep checking it daily. Thank you.

Imy2020

Mar 29, 2020
Nobody knows for sure when we will get invited for test/interview. Considering that there are people from Oct-2019 who are still waiting for the same, chances are slim to none for folks in April-2020 to get test/interview invite in the next couple of months.
Thank you for the comment. Still, I am hoping that someone has the info whether the same sentence indicating that notification will be through mail was written even before COVID19 era? Thanks

t_Addy.

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
On my ecas, the residential address is correct but my mailing address is my previous address in another city. I thought I updated it on ecas on October 27th(a day after receiving my AOR) but its been more than 3 weeks and the change has not reflected yet. Is anyone else having this issue? Or do I have to wait till a certain time to change my mailing address?

bcvancouverbc

Star Member
May 30, 2017
On my ecas, the residential address is correct but my mailing address is my previous address in another city. I thought I updated it on ecas on October 27th(a day after receiving my AOR) but its been more than 3 weeks and the change has not reflected yet. Is anyone else having this issue? Or do I have to wait till a certain time to change my mailing address?
Hi there, sorry to bother but what part of ecas do you see the mailing address? Mine only shows my current home address right under my name?
Thank you

elmas

Jan 28, 2016
Hi there, sorry to bother but what part of ecas do you see the mailing address? Mine only shows my current home address right under my name?
Thank you
Your mailing address is likely the same as your home address. That's why it's showing only one.

elmas

Jan 28, 2016
Did you try sending in a webform?

myat

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2011
LANDED..........
28-09-2015 Landed
April applicants will be in progress soon...