+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2020 - Citizenship Applicants

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
Application Sent: April 20, 2020
Application Received: April 24, 2020
Type of application: Single
Physical presence: 1115 days

Just a quick question, I may have to relocate to USA for 3 years from this coming August but my family will reside in Hamilton for atleast next one and a half year. Will it anyhow affect my citizenship application? I can come Canada for all the citizenship formalities, e.g. oath, ceremony, etc. TIA!
No, it won't affect your application as long as you don't miss your citizenship test and oath. You also have to ensure you come back every now and then within those 3 years to avoid losing your PR status while your application is in process. As long as you do these, your citizenship eligibility will be calculated based on the number of days you were actually present in Canada, which means your family members will qualify before you do. In any case, if you've already submitted the citizenship application before leaving to the States (which you appear to have done), then you don't have to worry about that, since it's unlikely for your application to take up to 3 years to process. You should be fine if you move in August. See https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=911&top=5

Reactions: niazche

niazche

Jul 14, 2017
No, it won't affect your application as long as you don't miss your citizenship test and oath. You also have to ensure you come back every now and then within those 3 years to avoid losing your PR status while your application is in process. As long as you do these, your citizenship eligibility will be calculated based on the number of days you were actually present in Canada, which means your family members will qualify before you do. In any case, if you've already submitted the citizenship application before leaving to the States (which you appear to have done), then you don't have to worry about that, since it's unlikely for your application to take up to 3 years to process. You should be fine if you move in August. See https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=911&top=5
Thank you for elaborating! To my understanding also, my relocation to US should not affect the citizenship process as long as I write my exams, pass it, and take the oath!

Reactions: bago4c

niazche

Jul 14, 2017
Anyone has clue, when we may get our AOR? I was checking the spreadsheet and it seems CIC has not issued any AOR after March! That means, only January applicants received their AOR. Most probably it will be a long wait.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Anyone has clue, when we may get our AOR? I was checking the spreadsheet and it seems CIC has not issued any AOR after March! That means, only January applicants received their AOR. Most probably it will be a long wait.
I dont know if the officers are back to work. When they cant conduct test or oath(apart from very few online oath schedule), they should be actually working on existing applications which will include issuing AOR(which is the easiest thing they can do inside office). But strangely no AOR even in June.

I thought that they are back to work this month as we could see online oath emails but no AOR emails. hmm.. may be the full strength is not back to work.

EUK

Feb 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I dont know if the officers are back to work. When they cant conduct test or oath(apart from very few online oath schedule), they should be actually working on existing applications which will include issuing AOR(which is the easiest thing they can do inside office). But strangely no AOR even in June.

I thought that they are back to work this month as we could see online oath emails but no AOR emails. hmm.. may be the full strength is not back to work.
One thing for sure ircc staff are working however not issuing aor means they ll are busy revamping the processes

Dr kbknaidu

Jun 29, 2012
London,UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
App. Filed.......
29th june 2011
Doc's Request.
17th july 2011
AOR Received.
1st sep 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
May 29 2011
Med's Request
Oct 26 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 15 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
In Process Since Jan 7th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2014
LANDED..........
09-03-2014
Does anyone know getting CERB affects your citizenship application at all ? Thankyou in advance.
My lawyer and accountant sincerely suggested me not to go after government money till you get your citizenship ( but to the papers no where it mentioned it affects your any kind of legal status or to become citizen )

Dr kbknaidu

Jun 29, 2012
London,UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
App. Filed.......
29th june 2011
Doc's Request.
17th july 2011
AOR Received.
1st sep 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
May 29 2011
Med's Request
Oct 26 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 15 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2014
LANDED..........
09-03-2014
Application Sent: April 20, 2020
Application Received: April 24, 2020
Physical presence: 1115 days

Just a quick question, I may have to relocate to USA for 3 years from this coming August but my family will reside in Hamilton for atleast next one and a half year. Will it anyhow affect my citizenship application? I can come Canada for all the citizenship formalities, e.g. oath, ceremony, etc. TIA!
If you have your valid PR card and if you already met enough residency obligation days or be able to make when you reenter to Canada

K310

Star Member
Apr 25, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 2017

Online oath is done on individual processing office, AOR is issued by NS Sydney office. Sydney office check for completeness issue AOR and send file to respective individuals processing office close to your postal address. (It’s what we understand from pre feb 2020 thread and tracking sheet)

So there is no clue if Sydney office is working or not?

they may be revamping the process who knows.

the main reason of delay may be due to citizen application process is paper based. If it’s online like Express Entry thing May look better. Who knows....

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Online oath is done on individual processing office, AOR is issued by NS Sydney office. Sydney office check for completeness issue AOR and send file to respective individuals processing office close to your postal address. (It’s what we understand from pre feb 2020 thread and tracking sheet)

1. So there is no clue if Sydney office is working or not?

they may be revamping the process who knows.

2. the main reason of delay may be due to citizen application process is paper based. If it’s online like Express Entry thing May look better. Who knows....
1. True. Possible that specific team who enters data is impacted and not yet fully returned, possible.
2. True.
They should have included one online form at least(even though they dont need to provide fullfledged site for citizenship) to avoid this much paper work. This will even avoid 90% returning of applications and easy issuance of AOR in days of receiving applications.

HKK_13!

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08-04-2016
Hello! Adding my details here:

Application Sent: April 17, 2020
Application Received: April 23, 2020
Physical presence: 1131 days

Dr kbknaidu

Jun 29, 2012
London,UK
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
BUFFALO
App. Filed.......
29th june 2011
Doc's Request.
17th july 2011
AOR Received.
1st sep 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
May 29 2011
Med's Request
Oct 26 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 15 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2014
LANDED..........
09-03-2014
1. True. Possible that specific team who enters data is impacted and not yet fully returned, possible.
2. True.
They should have included one online form at least(even though they dont need to provide fullfledged site for citizenship) to avoid this much paper work. This will even avoid 90% returning of applications and easy issuance of AOR in days of receiving applications.
Honestly what I can say is, they taking citizenship applications as least priority ( may be orders from government bodies that they dont want to loose this opportunity to prolong the processing times so that applicants can not become citizens hence avoid more burden on government during pandemic like asking money from government due to unemployment or disability etc..) but really it is an excellent opportunity for them to prolong all of our processing and nobody knows when the processing times will be normal )

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Reactions: itwillbegood

niazche

Jul 14, 2017
One of the trademarks of previous British colonies are bureaucratic complications and Canada is also no exception to that. If Canadians abroad wants to come back home amidst this pandemic, how come that halts the citizenship application process? If Canadians abroad are having issues returning Canada, most probably that is because of their expired passport. Canadian embassy abroad can easily take care of the issue by issuing temporary travel documents. The whole logic behind CIC being busy helping Canadian abroad returning home does not make sense to me.

Reactions: itwillbegood