+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> April 2020 AoR - Join Here <<<***

QSS_W

Sep 23, 2020
Wow, congratulations! Can I ask you at what point you found out that your file was at CIO-S? Was this in the early stages or was your entire processing done at CIO? I thought that all inland applications go to cpc-ottawa at some point.
For PNP applications, it will be CIO-S

Reactions: mknox

msmuthu3

Sep 21, 2020
Folks. Please help me out on what I should do. I'm AOR 29 April CEC applicant inland, Raised GCMS notes and confirmed Eligibility, Security passed. Criminality in progress due to biometrics pending. I see folks getting COPR directly after giving biometrics like within a week. I'm going to get married Nov so will be travelling out of the country by October 24. I am planning to add my spouse to be to my application. So, in this case, Should I delay giving biometrics so that I can add her before my COPR? Should I tell the officer calling me the situation or Should I miss the call hoping nothing happens to my application? Really confused on what to do

Tandis1332

Star Member
Jul 12, 2020
Folks. Please help me out on what I should do. I'm AOR 29 April CEC applicant inland, Raised GCMS notes and confirmed Eligibility, Security passed. Criminality in progress due to biometrics pending. I see folks getting COPR directly after giving biometrics like within a week. I'm going to get married Nov so will be travelling out of the country by October 24. I am planning to add my spouse to be to my application. So, in this case, Should I delay giving biometrics so that I can add her before my COPR? Should I tell the officer calling me the situation or Should I miss the call hoping nothing happens to my application? Really confused on what to do
How long did it take to get the reply for GCMS note?
Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
How long did it take to get the reply for GCMS note?
Thanks

The GCMS notes are processed and released under the Access to Information Act. As per section 7 IRCC has to release it within 30 days. Section 7 states:

7 Where access to a record is requested under this Part, the head of the government institution to which the request is made shall, subject to sections 8 and 9, within 30 days after the request is received

See https://bit.ly/341x7KH

Reactions: welcometothe6ix
May 7, 2020
I have had the biometrics done during my trip to Barbados on Sep 23, and I will update my application status if there is something new.

As for now,

AOR on April 24
MEP on June 17
Biometrics completed on Sep 23

I have called IRCC before the day I left Canada, a very friendly french speaking lady said my application is going very well. The eligibility has already passed but it was updated under my account on their website for some reason. Once I have biometrics in Barbados I may have a chance to hear something from them in one month or two.

Feel free to let me know if you guys have any further questions for submitting biometrics in NYC or Bridgetown, Barbados. (just in case if you don't want to wait any longer :) )

Last edited:

akhilz

Jun 30, 2020
How did you raise GCMS notes?

MANDYGHERA

Jun 6, 2020
I have had the biometrics done during my trip to Barbados on Sep 23, and I will update my application status if there is something new.

As for now,

AOR on April 24
MEP on June 17
Biometrics completed on Sep 23

I have called IRCC before the day I left Canada, a very friendly french speaking lady said my application is going very well. The eligibility has already passed but it was updated under my account on their website for some reason. Once I have biometrics in Barbados I may have a chance to hear something from them in one month or two.

Feel free to let me know if you guys have any further questions for submitting biometrics in NYC or Bridgetown, Barbados. (just in case if you don't want to wait any longer :) )

MANDYGHERA

Jun 6, 2020
Hi there my AOR is 26 April, CEC inland. Can anyone please tell about how to book biometric appointment for new York and can we go by plane to give biometrics??? Because land route is closed.

k4654

Aug 29, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hi there my AOR is 26 April, CEC inland. Can anyone please tell about how to book biometric appointment for new York and can we go by plane to give biometrics??? Because land route is closed.
Hi there, I have called CPB last week. The agent said as long as you arrive by flight, there shouldn’t be any problem. As CPB website indicated:” This action does not apply to entry into the United States from Canada via air, rail, or sea travel at this time, but does apply to commuter rail and ferry travel.” You can make your biometrics appointment online by going to VAC NYC website. https://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/USA/schedule-an-appointment.html
These are tons of time slots available when I checked last week.

NYC seems to be the easier solution for those live in Ontario. I only chose Barbados because my passport expires in 5 months but US has 6-month passport validity rule, and Barbados doesn’t really have Covid over there. Plus, it’s a beautiful country, I really had a great time. The downside are pretty obvious too, it’s a 5 hours and half flight and they do have some strict entry requirements. Such as covid test is required 72 hours upon arrival.

Last edited:

MANDYGHERA

Jun 6, 2020
Hi there, I have called CPB last week. The agent said as long as you arrive by flight, there shouldn’t be any problem. As CPB website indicated:” This action does not apply to entry into the United States from Canada via air, rail, or sea travel at this time, but does apply to commuter rail and ferry travel.” You can make your biometrics appointment online by going to VAC NYC website. https://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/USA/schedule-an-appointment.html

NYC seems to be the easier solution for those live in Ontario. I only chose Barbados because my passport expires in 5 months but US has 6-month passport validity rule, and Barbados doesn’t really have Covid over there. Plus, it’s a beautiful country, I really had a great time. The downside are pretty obvious too, it’s a 5 hours and half flight and they do have some strict entry requirements. Such as covid test is required 72 hours upon arrival.

MANDYGHERA

Jun 6, 2020
Hi there , I have a one more question- I know it’s silly to ask but wanna make sure-
when we go to USA via air- do we have to first quarantine for 14 days in USA then we can go to biometrics appointment?? And then when we come back here in Canada we have to quarantine again for 14 days?

QSS_W

Sep 23, 2020

Well, the Ontario province just announced that they are not doing the covid test for those without symptoms. So I guess I will just wait for SC to call me.

k4654

Aug 29, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hi there , I have a one more question- I know it’s silly to ask but wanna make sure-
when we go to USA via air- do we have to first quarantine for 14 days in USA then we can go to biometrics appointment?? And then when we come back here in Canada we have to quarantine again for 14 days?
It’s not silly at all. I also asked the same question when I called New York State Department of Health, since their website only listed the quarantine instruction for travellers from other high risk states within the US, not from other countries. The agent was actually not so sure about this, he said since I will stay in NYC for less than 14 days. I will need to stay in my hotel room for the whole time except the trip to my appointment. And yes, the quarantine act in Canada states that you have to quarantine for 14 days after you enter Canada from other countries.

Just one more thing, I’m not answering anything on government agents’ behalf of course. I’m just trying provide the information I received from them. The policy changes all the time, you may want to give them a call first before you book your ticket.