Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
23-03-2020
AOR Received.
15-04-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020
My AOR 25 April 2020, medical and biometrics are done. I raised webform a week ago and got this.
  • The background verifications have not been initiated.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification has not been initiated.
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the/your application as soon as possible.

Anyone receives information like this? Does this imply anything wrong with Eligibility since I clearly asked about Eligibility in the Webform but they didn’t mention anything about it. Normally, at this time eligibility verification should be completed, why my application seems not be touched by any visa officer. Disappointed! @legalfalcon Can you let me know what is different btw "have not been initiated" vs "are currently valid"?
My AOR is Apr'15 and I raised the webform and got this in reply:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

• Sad
Reactions: Annie.1011

sukhbirring

Oct 5, 2020
Yeah this was what I actually mean. I am biometrics exempted but still didn’t get biometrics updated. Background check is in progress for more than 3 weeks now
I see, IRCC needs to get their act together.
This infinite wait is depressing man.

bull34

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
hello,
I am in India, all visa centers "VFS Global" are closed so cannot give biometric. Is there anyone in the same situation. Whats the solution?
AOR 22 april
MEP & BIL received.
wishes,
bull

Reactions: pbhanot

Annie.1011

Feb 5, 2020
My AOR is Apr'15 and I raised the webform and got this in reply:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.
My friend got the same reply as you. I think they have been tired by dealing lots of webforms, so they just copy and paste a same reply for everyone. So I think we should call or order NOTEs to know more details. Webforms seem useless during these times.

Reactions: farhanraza15

pbhanot

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
hello,
I am in India, all visa centers "VFS Global" are closed so cannot give biometric. Is there anyone in the same situation. Whats the solution?
AOR 22 april
MEP & BIL received.
wishes,
bull
There is no solution except waiting unfortunately. The only turn around is to travel to another country (if you have a valid visa) where the VAC's are open and give biometrics there, but this is not feasible for everyone considering the risk involved for exposure to virus and the travel restrictions put on by most of the countries.

Annie.1011

Feb 5, 2020
I need your advices. I claimed 15 points for having my sister in Canada. While my PR application is still processing, my sister’s company want to transfer her to work in US. She is currently working for a subsidiary of a US company in Canada. Will my application be affected if my sister leaves Canada during this time? I know I should ask my sister to stay in Canada until I get CoPR but this promotion is also important for her career. So if this doesn’t affect my application according to the law, I should let my sister pursuit her career.

joban_92

Oct 22, 2020
AOR- April 9th (CEC Inland)
Medical Changed To- You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics Done- October 2nd (Service Canada-Brampton)
Eligibility- Passed
Security- Passed
Criminality- In Progress
Waiting for final decision...

sammy786

Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
anybody waiting for gcms notes.... haven,t recieved yet ? i applied mine on october 4 ... didnt recieve yet... anybody in same situation ?

CEC_490

Nov 2, 2020
Need your suggestion on next step as I finally received a Webform response (below):
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on file and are pleased to confirm that the biometrics were received by the responsible office.

In addition, we can confirm that:

• The security background verification is currently valid.
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the/your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed

Punsy

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
Hello There,
Is there anyone whose status bar tells 100% but yet to get a final decision? If yes, may I know your AOR pls?

CEC_490

Nov 2, 2020
Thank you for your reply. May I know how did you get to know your background Check updates?? Via web forms? if so how long they gonna take it to reply to our queries?
Yes, the background check update was through webforms response. However, response was received after 24 days.

Reactions: Punsy