Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Yes, biometrics was done beginning of April and received correspondence letter the next day.
Is this application paper or online?

If online, please share below;
"Details about your application status"
Review of eligibility
Review of medical results
Review of additional documents
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
Final decision

If it's paper then please link online and share the above?
Here are the steps;
Create a new GC Key account. On the link https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html, click "Sign in or create an account to apply online" on right and go down a little to "continue to GC Key" and click it. Now click "Sign Up" on the right and create a new profile. Remember the answers to the security questions that you'd be setting at this time.
Once that's done, login again and click "Add (link) your application to your account " on the User's account page.
Select category as "temporary residence" and sub-category as TRV. Under "Application details" select last option. Enter UCI, no hyphens and no space. Enter Family Name as last name on passport (upper/lower case matters). Next, select passport form drop down.
Enter all other fields as filled in application form. And click "search my application". If all fields are correct it will give you the application and you can proceed with linking it. If not, it give you 4 more attempts in 24 hours and then it would ask you to try again after 24 hours.

macky17

Mar 17, 2017
Ok thanks. Their processing time is 14 days so I was just wondering.
Your welcome. If you don't mind share complete time line. If the processing time has been passed after you did bio metrics submit case specific inquiry from website.

nikh941

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
Surrey
Quick update guys. Got PPR today around 9:00 am PST. Complete timeline :-

Application Submitted:- 15 April 2019 (Online)
Submission Confirmation:- 15 April 2019
Background status changed to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." on 16 April 2019 and few hours later got Biometric request letter
Biometrics Request:- 16 April 2019
Biometrics Submitted:- 25 April 2019 (VFS Delhi)
Biometrics Updated on Account:- 25 April 2019
Eligibility Review Started:- 06 May 2019
Correspondence Letter:- 09 May 2019
Original Passport Request:- 17 May 2019

Note:- I never received any Acknowledgement letter in email.

ajbear

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Is this application paper or online?

If online, please share below;
"Details about your application status"
Review of eligibility
Review of medical results
Review of additional documents
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
Final decision

If it's paper then please link online and share the above?
Here are the steps;
Create a new GC Key account. On the link https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html, click "Sign in or create an account to apply online" on right and go down a little to "continue to GC Key" and click it. Now click "Sign Up" on the right and create a new profile. Remember the answers to the security questions that you'd be setting at this time.
Once that's done, login again and click "Add (link) your application to your account " on the User's account page.
Select category as "temporary residence" and sub-category as TRV. Under "Application details" select last option. Enter UCI, no hyphens and no space. Enter Family Name as last name on passport (upper/lower case matters). Next, select passport form drop down.
Enter all other fields as filled in application form. And click "search my application". If all fields are correct it will give you the application and you can proceed with linking it. If not, it give you 4 more attempts in 24 hours and then it would ask you to try again after 24 hours.
---------------

Here is the status:

Confirmation of Online Application Transmission: April 2, 2019
Submission Confirmation: April 2, 2019
Biometrics Collection Letter: April 3, 2019
Date of Biometrics Enrolment: April 3, 2019
Correspondence Letter: April 4, 2019

https://imgur.com/a/1qkCS7s

ajbear

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Your welcome. If you don't mind share complete time line. If the processing time has been passed after you did bio metrics submit case specific inquiry from website.
Yes, I also sent in an inquiry online via web form about 2 weeks ago but no response either.

arenz_aspire

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
PPR RECIEVED!!!

Application Submitted : April 14, 2019
Submission Confirmation : April 15, 2019
Biometrics Collection Letter : April 16, 2019
Biometrics Submitted : April 26, 2019 [VFS New Delhi]
Biometrics Updated on Account : April 27,2019
Visitor Acknowledgement Letter : April 29, 2019 [New Delhi Office]
Correspondence Letter : May 7, 2019
PPR : MAY 17 2019, 2PM EST

THANKS to everyone for the support!!.
Cheers

keivan ka

Jan 5, 2019
Dear all;
i applied on behalf of one of my friend on april 26.
the background check turned to " Not applicable" after " background check in progress...", so i think they completed the back ground check.
here is the total status:

Review of eligibility Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Not applicable.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

As you can see, in review of eligibility the current status is" Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.".
Is it normal that they did not start reviewing my freind's eligibility after about 22 days???

Last edited:

Nitz verma001

Apr 21, 2019
Applied for Family Visa on Apr 14 2019 from Canada

Got confirmation of submission this morning, waiting for a positive response.

Are applications processed faster if submitted through Canada...

Good luck to everyone
Dont know , my sister apllied dor me from canada on 27th march, still no.update afrer biometrics

Ridhishuwedha

Apr 23, 2019
Hi guys,

I need ur suggestions ..I plan to apply for my kids aged under 18.when i am looking for the eligibility i come across the question do i have valid US visa .This includes any family member you may be travelling with at this time..My husband have US visa and canada visa and myself have canada visa..We plan to accompany our kids..So what should I answer for the question ..Yes or no?.
2..If I mention yes , in document checklist they ask to upload travel history..My kids doesn't have any previous travel..Whether i should upload my husband travel history there

Nitz verma001

Apr 21, 2019
I enquired through Vfs and they said my biometrics report has been received by high comission on 8th april. But no update on my visa. I m worried