+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APRIL 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

nneka prisca

Jun 22, 2019
Not sure if anyone in the April threads Visa was transferred to Accra VO, but our AOR1 was April 29th, the file was transferred to Accra July 2nd and we received Medical Request today [September 27th] :)
I got Medical request too, have you booked an appointment yet. if yes how

cmp13

Star Member
May 31, 2019
@ajapeyk @Louman64 @StephanH thanks for your helpful inputs and responses.

We sent our response today, clarifying our timeline and documentation. Lets see if they are considerate. Will keep you guys posted, otherwise will reapply end of this year or early next year as spousal instead of common law.

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
@ajapeyk @Louman64 @StephanH thanks for your helpful inputs and responses.

We sent our response today, clarifying our timeline and documentation. Lets see if they are considerate. Will keep you guys posted, otherwise will reapply end of this year or early next year as spousal instead of common law.
We might have to do the same... Seems Manila don't like common law, they go by their own rules and not by Canadian rules. One thing I will do, I won't let them win.... I will contact the media in Canada and make story out of it... I have spent over 60 000 pesos for this BS. They should stop playing with applicants and do their jobs.

Gulia22

Star Member
Jan 18, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
29-04-2019
AOR Received.
13-06-2019
File Transfer...
02-07-2019
I got Medical request too, have you booked an appointment yet. if yes how
There is a link you click in the document that they sent you through your cic account that shows all the panel physicians in the principal applicants city and they can choose one of them and book an appointment. You have to bring all the things listed in that document, including the document to your appointment.

Lisa Morrison

Dec 1, 2018
Hi all,

Just wondering if you can give me some idea of whether I should try to do something to move this file forward, or is this wait normal? We submitted biometrics back in early July and haven't heard anything at all since then. Haven't received a notification that it has been forwarded to another VISA office, online information just says 'WE are processing your background check.' Is it normal to wait for so long with nothing happening? I saw some people posting here that you can get through on the phone - how are you doing that? I tried the 1-800 number and also the 613- number for Global Affairs to no avail. Here's our timeline:

Application submitted - April 15
AOR1 - June 1
BR - June 5
SA - June 7
MR - June 7
MP - June 19
BG - June 28
Notes requested - September 5 (have not yet arrived).

Thanks!

pankaj.bitmesra

Star Member
May 11, 2019
Hi all,

Just wondering if you can give me some idea of whether I should try to do something to move this file forward, or is this wait normal? We submitted biometrics back in early July and haven't heard anything at all since then. Haven't received a notification that it has been forwarded to another VISA office, online information just says 'WE are processing your background check.' Is it normal to wait for so long with nothing happening? I saw some people posting here that you can get through on the phone - how are you doing that? I tried the 1-800 number and also the 613- number for Global Affairs to no avail. Here's our timeline:

Application submitted - April 15
AOR1 - June 1
BR - June 5
SA - June 7
MR - June 7
MP - June 19
BG - June 28
Notes requested - September 5 (have not yet arrived).

Thanks!
Don't worry, you are not alone. I am April 4th applicant and still waiting for file transfer no updates since May 30th. There are several others like us. :(

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
Application sent. April 27th
Application received. April 29th
AOR. June 13th
Request biometric fee June 19th
BM fee paid. June 25th
SA. Sep 11th
BR. Sep 11th
MR. Sep 12th
BR completed. Sep 18th
Medical passe . Sep 19th
File forward to CPC Mississauga Sept 27th
hi can i plz ask if on ur ecas under the PA side did u get an updated line saying "we started processing ur application on xxx date? before the file transfer email?

gingersunny

Star Member
Nov 4, 2014
Hi I sent my application for pr, spouse sponsorship outland application.
Principle applicant: India
Application sent March 18 2019
Acknowledgement : April 16 2019
Biometric may 14th
Medicals may 16th
June 1st week: application moved from Sydney, Canada to New Delhi visa office
Request for additional documents June 19th
Additional documents submitted to new Delhi visa office on 20th June
Sep 5th invitation to pre arrival services

Can anyone tell how long does it take after the invitation to pre arrival services letter to get passport request..
I have been checking my file status every day and the status remained the same, we are processing background check, your application is in progress, and we are reviewing your eligibility.
Can some one help...
Thank you..

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Hi I sent my application for pr, spouse sponsorship outland application.
Principle applicant: India
Application sent March 18 2019
Acknowledgement : April 16 2019
Biometric may 14th
Medicals may 16th
June 1st week: application moved from Sydney, Canada to New Delhi visa office
Request for additional documents June 19th
Additional documents submitted to new Delhi visa office on 20th June
Sep 5th invitation to pre arrival services

Can anyone tell how long does it take after the invitation to pre arrival services letter to get passport request..
I have been checking my file status every day and the status remained the same, we are processing background check, your application is in progress, and we are reviewing your eligibility.
Can some one help...
Thank you..
Pre arrival does not mean anything... it could be 3 days or it could be months, nobody knows.

kalegale

Star Member
Apr 15, 2019
We might have to do the same... Seems Manila don't like common law, they go by their own rules and not by Canadian rules. One thing I will do, I won't let them win.... I will contact the media in Canada and make story out of it... I have spent over 60 000 pesos for this BS. They should stop playing with applicants and do their jobs.
I think so too. My VO too ceased communication when I was at the last stage. I have done everything and now 3 months and no communication at all. I was thinking it's because we are common law