+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APRIL 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Jassgarcha7

Mar 30, 2019
There is no restriction on travelling on an outland application unless the sponsor is a PR travelling...
They wrote following on my refusal letter
133 (1) A sponsorship application shall only be approved by an officer if, on the day on which the application was filed and from that day until the day a decision is made with respect to the application
there is evidence that the sponsor

• (a) is a sponsor as described in section 130
    note:Sponsor
    • 130 (1) Subject to subsections (2) and (3), a sponsor, for the purpose of sponsoring a foreign national who makes an application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the family class or an application to remain in Canada as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class under subsection 13(1) of the Act, must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who must
      • resides in Canada
      • And based on the information you were out of canada

Jassgarcha7

Mar 30, 2019
Thanks @Jassgarcha7 that is a great advice. I had no clue about this at all. My application was received on April 26, so what I can see here I should be receiving AOR by the end of this week or early next week. If by August application is moved to VO, I would rather stay here and wait for her.
Yes... no worries... they finalized my application in 4 months even after so many back and forth answering and questioning

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
They wrote following on my refusal letter
133 (1) A sponsorship application shall only be approved by an officer if, on the day on which the application was filed and from that day until the day a decision is made with respect to the application
there is evidence that the sponsor

• (a) is a sponsor as described in section 130
    note:Sponsor
    • 130 (1) Subject to subsections (2) and (3), a sponsor, for the purpose of sponsoring a foreign national who makes an application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the family class or an application to remain in Canada as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class under subsection 13(1) of the Act, must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who must
      • resides in Canada
      • And based on the information you were out of canada
@kcward7 stands correct. If you are a PR you cant travel for an extended time but for short 2 week trips you will be fine (always better to avoid though). As a Canadian CITIZEN you can freely go out of the country and live for extended times BUT say you are going out for 5 months, its your job to inform CIC about this and provide strong proof of your intentions to return to Canada (rental agreements, job waiting etc).

sri_ankit

Star Member
Mar 14, 2019
@kcward7 stands correct. If you are a PR you cant travel for an extended time but for short 2 week trips you will be fine (always better to avoid though). As a Canadian CITIZEN you can freely go out of the country and live for extended times BUT say you are going out for 5 months, its your job to inform CIC about this and provide strong proof of your intentions to return to Canada (rental agreements, job waiting etc).
as of now I am a PR and I have a citizenship test on June 6th. What if I become a citizen before getting the final decision? Can I travel outside of country then?

JulietJarden

Star Member
May 23, 2019
USA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
23-04-2019
How do I view the spreadsheet? (Where all the statistics of this forum are)

Louman64

Sep 22, 2016
scarborough toronto
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
10-04-2019
Doc's Request.
No news yet
Be patient...my friends...it will come ...mine was received on April 12 but returned May 27..missing signature ..if yours are complete you'll get it soon !!

Reactions: jb9419

Rajnavi

Star Member
May 27, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
July 23, 2019
Just an FYI that cic is pretty quick these days.
They do not want you to leave the country from the time of submission until the decision is made. I know this because they mentioned this thing in my refusal letter for spouse visa under family class because I went back for few months after I applied for him. My husband's medical was passed along with my sponsorship approval.
I know now, some of you might be thinking why I did not appeal but there was no point of doing that.
So, I re-applied for him.
They received my application on May 24th.
Fingers crossed
I am applying for mu husband by end of this month. I was planning to go and see him in January on out anniversary. Even in our relationship questionnairre form, we heve mentioned about seeing each other in November on my birthday.
Why can’t we go back and visit? I am Canadian citizen, can’t we go away on vacation for 1-2 weeks?!

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
I am applying for mu husband by end of this month. I was planning to go and see him in January on out anniversary. Even in our relationship questionnairre form, we heve mentioned about seeing each other in November on my birthday.
Why can’t we go back and visit? I am Canadian citizen, can’t we go away on vacation for 1-2 weeks?!
You are a Canadian Citizen and hence will be fine. That rule applies to Permanent Residents.

Also for 1-2 weeks you dont have to prove your intention to return either. Its only if you stay for extended times (months) where you need to provide proof of your intention to return to Canada.