+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APRIL 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

sri_ankit

Star Member
Mar 14, 2019
There is no restriction on travelling on an outland application unless the sponsor is a PR travelling...
What? Really? I didn’t know this. I applied for my wife’s sponsorship and waiting for AOR and I’m planning to visit her in August. Should I cancel my visit and wait for her to come here instead? I’m PR and I’m sponsoring my spouse.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
What? Really? I didn’t know this. I applied for my wife’s sponsorship and waiting for AOR and I’m planning to visit her in August. Should I cancel my visit and wait for her to come here instead? I’m PR and I’m sponsoring my spouse.
While short trips are generally ok, PRs must be inside Canada to sponsor. Depends how long you're going for?

Jassgarcha7

Mar 30, 2019
I will suggest you not to leave before her passport request thats what they mentioned on my refusal letter and now-a-days they are finalizing the application very quickly.. according to me they will send the decision of your application before August if you have already received the application#

Jassgarcha7

Mar 30, 2019
I’m just suggesting, rest up to you guys!!!!

sri_ankit

Star Member
Mar 14, 2019
I will suggest you not to leave before her passport request thats what they mentioned on my refusal letter and now-a-days they are finalizing the application very quickly.. according to me they will send the decision of your application before August if you have already received the application#
Thanks @Jassgarcha7 that is a great advice. I had no clue about this at all. My application was received on April 26, so what I can see here I should be receiving AOR by the end of this week or early next week. If by August application is moved to VO, I would rather stay here and wait for her.