+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APRIL 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
I got married in October 2018, submitted sponsorship application in Jan 2019. Got an email from my lawyer “CIC has asked us to pay the $150 dependent child sponsorship fee. With recent changes they also require that the right of permanent residence fee ($490) for outside sponsorship applications be paid in advance. Please let me know what credit card to use for this and I will send them the receipts.” I’m not sure if that’s the case or anything such happened. They said it’s not their fault as IRCC never updated about this change.
They never told me that application was sent back. When I literally yelled at them and told them that I have the right to know where my file is then she told me it was returned and they submitted again, which was received on April 26, 2019. What a waste of time!
As far as I know and if it wasn’t changed very very recently, Not paying the RPRF fee from the start is not grounds for a returned application. They ask you for it later in the process. Your rep is probably lying and messed up somewhere else. I suggest you remove them as your rep (there is a form for it) using webform and get all updates directly to you. If they messed up before the file even started processing imagine if they mess up or delay in giving you timely updates about biometrics and medicals etc.

SunshineJA

May 19, 2019
Jamaica
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston,JA
App. Filed.......
06-06-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
File Transfer...
04-09-2019
Med's Request
19-08-2019
Med's Done....
28-08-2019
Interview........
06-02-2020
Passport Req..
29-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2020
LANDED..........
21-02-2020
I got married in October 2018, submitted sponsorship application in Jan 2019. Got an email from my lawyer “CIC has asked us to pay the $150 dependent child sponsorship fee. With recent changes they also require that the right of permanent residence fee ($490) for outside sponsorship applications be paid in advance. Please let me know what credit card to use for this and I will send them the receipts.” I’m not sure if that’s the case or anything such happened. They said it’s not their fault as IRCC never updated about this change.
They never told me that application was sent back. When I literally yelled at them and told them that I have the right to know where my file is then she told me it was returned and they submitted again, which was received on April 26, 2019. What a waste of time!
Im going though the same. Feels like my lawyer hiding that tge file was being returned and making up bull crap excuses. Waste months of my time

sri_ankit

Star Member
Mar 14, 2019
As far as I know and if it wasn’t changed very very recently, Not paying the RPRF fee from the start is not grounds for a returned application. They ask you for it later in the process. Your rep is probably lying and messed up somewhere else. I suggest you remove them as your rep (there is a form for it) using webform and get all updates directly to you. If they messed up before the file even started processing imagine if they mess up or delay in giving you timely updates about biometrics and medicals etc.
They actually messed up visitor visa for my spouse. They received biometric request letter, according to them they somehow missed it in spite of me reminding them numerous time. End result: visa was rejected. I can use the web form and remove them but I’m sure they will not refund my fees that I paid.

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
They actually messed up visitor visa for my spouse. They received biometric request letter, according to them they somehow missed it in spite of me reminding them numerous time. End result: visa was rejected. I can use the web form and remove them but I’m sure they will not refund my fees that I paid.
In that case you need to assess if its worth continuing with such bad reps and end up being stressed and disappointed again and again or continue because you paid a hefty sum and hope they finally work things out correctly.

sri_ankit

Star Member
Mar 14, 2019
In that case you need to assess if its worth continuing with such bad reps and end up being stressed and disappointed again and again or continue because you paid a hefty sum and hope they finally work things out correctly.
Well! Now I have taken user ID and password of their account and I check status online myself. At least, I’m not relying on them completely.

harinderme

Jul 27, 2017
Submitting my application this week.
Sponsor documents: PR card, COPR, Driving License, passport
Principal Applicant Documents: passports, police certificates, Academic qualifications, bank accoutn statements
Financial Support docs: Experience summary, balance certificates, letter of support from brother.
Relationship evidences: Events description, whatsap chats, whatsapp calls, facebook posts, visitation proofs, letters from friends family, official documents, photos, various bills from the wedding, principal applicant's bank account and insurance policies with sponsor as nominee .

In total around 250 pages, is this ok ?

Rajnavi

Star Member
May 27, 2019
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
July 23, 2019
How long was everyone here married before applying for spousal sponsorship?
Married in January on 10th, came back to Canada on Feb 7th , did not apply yet ‍♀ , will apply by the end of this month

Shehzad.P

May 2, 2019
Submitting my application this week.
Sponsor documents: PR card, COPR, Driving License, passport
Principal Applicant Documents: passports, police certificates, Academic qualifications, bank accoutn statements
Financial Support docs: Experience summary, balance certificates, letter of support from brother.
Relationship evidences: Events description, whatsap chats, whatsapp calls, facebook posts, visitation proofs, letters from friends family, official documents, photos, various bills from the wedding, principal applicant's bank account and insurance policies with sponsor as nominee .

In total around 250 pages, is this ok ?
follow the doc checklist and don't bother submitting extra paperwork as they do not look at it. If they feel the need for more proofs or documentation than they ask for it.

harinderme

Jul 27, 2017
follow the doc checklist and don't bother submitting extra paperwork as they do not look at it. If they feel the need for more proofs or documentation than they ask for it.
Yeah. I just get confused with posts saying they submitted 600 pages worth of evidences. So makes you feel if it is ever enough. But I understand your point

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Yeah. I just get confused with posts saying they submitted 600 pages worth of evidences. So makes you feel if it is ever enough. But I understand your point
600 pages is ridiculous. It just gets shredded when people do that and slows everything down.

rroh202

Oct 4, 2018
How long does it take usually take for Biometrics to reflect on our online account after visiting the VAC?