+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APRIL 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

kalegale

Star Member
Apr 15, 2019
Same here after we received AOR nothing came and it's been 14 days already.
i have received BR today.

Please i need HELP any one. I am currently in canada on visitor visa and i have been requested for Biometrics outside canada.
Does anyone know if i can go to the USA (ASC) to have biometrics? i have USA visitor Visa too.

or do i have to go back to my home country? PLEASE HELP ANYONE

jb9419

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019

Please i need HELP any one. I am currently in canada on visitor visa and i have been requested for Biometrics outside canada.
Does anyone know if i can go to the USA (ASC) to have biometrics? i have USA visitor Visa too.

I find it odd they make u go back to home country or outside Canada... I feel its just a hassle for everyone, they should really rework the biometrics

kalegale

Star Member
Apr 15, 2019
Has anyone had any experience going to get Biometrics done without an appointment? We made an appointment but the earliest they allow for is 2 weeks from the point you make it. I called, but they were extremely unhelpful and stated they couldn't help with changing my appointment. I am specifically speaking about the Seattle location. Thanks

hello, please share your experience with me. am in same situation now

Reena87

Star Member
Jun 9, 2016
File recieved:25/04/2018
AOR: 10/06/2018
I have sponsored my husband who’s Indian citizen but permanent resident of Ireland since 2010. Any idea in this case, his case will be processed in Ireland or India?

pankaj.bitmesra

Star Member
May 11, 2019

If you applied as Inland applicant then you are exempt from biometrics. Refer to this link which says "If you are applying as a member of the family class and are legally in Canada when you apply, you are currently exempt from giving biometrics. Your accompanying overseas dependents may need to give their biometrics."
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html

If you applied as outland applicant and then moved to Canada in that case you need to give your biometric outside Canada. You can go to US to give your biometrics too.

kalegale

Star Member
Apr 15, 2019
If you applied as Inland applicant then you are exempt from biometrics. Refer to this link which says "If you are applying as a member of the family class and are legally in Canada when you apply, you are currently exempt from giving biometrics. Your accompanying overseas dependents may need to give their biometrics."
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5525-basic-guide-sponsor-your-spouse-partner-child.html

If you applied as outland applicant and then moved to Canada in that case you need to give your biometric outside Canada. You can go to US to give your biometrics too.

Thank you for the reply. I have decided to go the USA to do the biometrics...I have decided to go for a walk in request at the ASC.

Fingers crossed

Syeda.ali29

Feb 18, 2019

You have to go to states to do biometrics. You can't do them in Canada.

JulietJarden

Star Member
May 23, 2019
USA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
23-04-2019
I need some advice please:

On the ECAS it says:

“Application to sponsor a member of the family class living outside of Canada for sponsors living in the province of Quebec.”

My husband, the sponsor, lives in Ontario!

Is this normal? Did they make a mistake? Does this need to be corrected in order to proceed?