+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APRIL 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
just curious guys how do you know if Sponsorship application was approved? I was only able to link my PA's application to GCKey how about my sponsorship application? Thanks
GCKey is only meant for PA’s application. Sponsorship and PA’s PR application are not two separate applications. If you want to know if you were approved as a Sponsor or not, log on to ECAS using sponsor info and check if the Sponsor side says ‘Decision Made’. Or if you have received an email saying you were eligible to sponsor, thats Sponsor Approval too.

Reactions: cmp13

cmp13

Star Member
May 31, 2019
GCKey is only meant for PA’s application. Sponsorship and PA’s PR application are not two separate applications. If you want to know if you were approved as a Sponsor or not, log on to ECAS using sponsor info and check if the Sponsor side says ‘Decision Made’. Or if you have received an email saying you were eligible to sponsor, thats Sponsor Approval too.
Thanks!

Reactions: Krissh2179

AceAceAce

Apr 16, 2019
Our Application was received on April 18. We still don’t have aor but PA already received biometrics request

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Our Application was received on April 18. We still don’t have aor but PA already received biometrics request
Sometimes you don’t get AOR but if you are asked for biometrics, consider that your application is complete and has begun processing.

Lasgidi0311

Nov 22, 2016
1. Application for spouses, common-law partners or conjugal partners currently living outside Canada and all dependent child sponsorships:
CPC Sydney
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, NS
B1P 5Z2

Note: Choose this option if your spouse or common-law partner is living in Canada with you, but you have chosen to use the overseas sponsorship.

2. Application for spouses or common-law partners currently living in Canada applying under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada class:
CPC Mississauga
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 300
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8

Check which applies to you and you’ll know if its sent to the correct address or not.
Thanks for ur response .. there was actually nothing about Sydney in that Feb2019 Checklist.

To apply under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class, you must be living with your sponsor in Canada.
Please check the box which applies to you (the primary applicant):

I am currently living in Canada with my sponsor, and I am applying under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
Note: If this applies to you, your sponsor will send the application package by mail to the following address: CPC - Mississauga, P.O. Box
5040, Station B, Mississauga, Ontario, L5A 3A4.

I am also including an Open Work Permit application. No Yes

I am currently living outside Canada, and I am applying under the Family Class.
Note: If this applies to you, your sponsor will send the application package by mail to the following address: CPC - Mississauga, P.O. Box
3000, Station A, Mississauga, Ontario, L5A 4N6.

I am currently living in Canada, and I am applying under the Family Class (not under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada
Class). I understand that I may be convoked to attend an interview at a visa office outside Canada.

For all applications: If the application is submitted using a courier service instead of by mail, use this address instead (no public drop-offs): Case
Processing Centre - Mississauga, 2 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 300, Mississauga, Ontario, L4Z 1H8.

Umbereen

May 13, 2019
Hi
Im the sponsor I have received requests for biometrics and medical and i will complete that soon. Im also staying in my PA's country with him for a few months is that fine or should I let CIC know?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi
Im the sponsor I have received requests for biometrics and medical and i will complete that soon. Im also staying in my PA's country with him for a few months is that fine or should I let CIC know?
You do not need to let CIC know but you cannot be in another country for a few months if you're a PR and not a citizen.

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Thanks for ur response .. there was actually nothing about Sydney in that Feb2019 Checklist.

To apply under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class, you must be living with your sponsor in Canada.
Please check the box which applies to you (the primary applicant):

I am currently living in Canada with my sponsor, and I am applying under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
5040, Station B, Mississauga, Ontario, L5A 3A4.

I am also including an Open Work Permit application. No Yes

I am currently living outside Canada, and I am applying under the Family Class.

I am currently living in Canada, and I am applying under the Family Class (not under the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada
Class). I understand that I may be convoked to attend an interview at a visa office outside Canada.

For all applications: If the application is submitted using a courier service instead of by mail, use this address instead (no public drop-offs): Case
Processing Centre - Mississauga, 2 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 300, Mississauga, Ontario, L4Z 1H8.
As far as memory serves, that checklist was updated again with the correct Sydney Address. What was your application? Inland or Outland? And common law or Spousal?

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Outland. Spousal.
Looks like it was, did you know if it changed before 15th April??/
Yes it was updated early March. Earlier if you sent your file at the wrong address they would forward it to the right one but they stopped doing that after the checklist update. Unfortunately your application is most likely to return back to you.

Lasgidi0311

Nov 22, 2016
Yes it was updated early March. Earlier if you sent your file at the wrong address they would forward it to the right one but they stopped doing that after the checklist update. Unfortunately your application is most likely to return back to you.
I think it changed somewhere in April, I am pretty sure by 31st of March it had not change.

lonewolf28

Apr 22, 2019
Hey guys, I'm sponsoring my wife. Applied on April 18th and I can see decision made on SA and it also says AOR was sent on May 31st, 2019.
And I also see MR sent today (june 6, 2019) for the PA. I can see all these status updates in ecas, however, my representative(we've nominated a representative for our case) has not received a single email from CIC.
Should I be worried ?

Kazzar

Jan 2, 2019
Does anyone know the a contact number to speak to about our application? My husband (PA) just received an email about requesting Police Certificates, which we did send along with our complete application form. Im hoping we can just speak to them to clarify if it was missed or if we are missing something? Anyone else have this issue?

Shehzad.P

May 2, 2019
I think it changed somewhere in April, I am pretty sure by 31st of March it had not change.
Correct, it for sure updated after April 8th as my submission was based on the March checklist.
You are referring to updates in March, however there was another one in April where they changed courier address to Mississauga for inland applications.