+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APRIL 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Harry993

Star Member
Apr 20, 2019
yes but this is a new change...so we wl have to wait n see i guess..my applicstion was recevied april 15 m thinking of sending the certified translations as well as a new schedule A in the mail with a cover letter as i didnt know principal applicant had to also sign it by hand beside the electronjc signature so i made 2 mistakes :(
If you made mistake by not signing the paper by hand, then the application will be returned. It is clearly specified in the checklist, both (electronic and handwritten) signature have to be there on schedule A

Reactions: schweisy

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
I still don't know if our application has arrived in Sydney or not. I didn't want to pay an extra 40 bucks for a courier because in general, at least our German mail system is fast. I am not sure about the Canadian mail. I made sure to get tracking on the application and it turns out that they stop the tracking once it is in Canada. :( I also bought a postcard service. This postcard will be sent back to me after our application has been delivired but I didn't get that back yet either, and it has been two weeks. I am sure that everything is fine and out application made it to Sydney but it is kind of annoying not knowing for sure when it arrived or if it even arrived already.
If you used tracking you should get a notification when it arrives. Not sure why it would stop tracking once it's in Canada?
If you use the internal postal service for your country of residence, you often don't get any more tracking once your shipment goes into another country. I've had it happen when sending or receiving stuff from the UK. To get full tracking with an international shipment you do usually have to go with a courier service. Pain in the backside (and bank balance!). But it sounds like there will still be a notification once it's arrived, so I hope you get that soon Luthien! Canada Post is unfortunately famously slow.
Yes, as someone who ships a lot overseas (from Germany no less), I can confirm that this happens all the time when you use regular registered mail rather than a courier service. @Luthien, you could try plugging the Deutsche Post tracking number into the Canada Post tracker (rather than using the Deutsche Post website), and sometimes that works, but in my experience it's only really USPS this works for.

I'm also not sure that the employees in small-town Canada will even understand the Rückschein part, as that's just not a thing that exists in the Canadian postal system, so I wouldn't worry too much if you don't get that or it's delayed. This is actually the exact reason why we couriered ours -- I wasn't worried about speed so much, I was worried about not being able to track when it got there. That said, the odds of it not making it there are very slim, so you're right that it's almost certainly fine. (To be honest, I've never had Canada Post lose anything, whereas Deutsche Post has somehow lost two important sets of untracked documents for me, so if you tracked it until it left the country you should be fine, especially if you indicated it only contained documents so it doesn't get held up at customs.)

As for the medical appointment, you already know all about our troubles dealing with it here, so I can sympathize!

Last edited:
Reactions: Luthien

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
yes but this is a new change...so we wl have to wait n see i guess..my applicstion was recevied april 15 m thinking of sending the certified translations as well as a new schedule A in the mail with a cover letter as i didnt know principal applicant had to also sign it by hand beside the electronjc signature so i made 2 mistakes :(
Unfortunately, as @Harry993 said, if you didn't sign next to the electronic signature, you should expect it to be returned. I'd suggest you get all your corrected documents together in the meantime so that you can send the new one out immediately as soon as the original one comes back. Luckily AOR1 is coming super fast for applicants these days so you won't have lost much time at all.

Reactions: phaeo

kalegale

Star Member
Apr 15, 2019

This means you will not be receiving AOR soon. Instead your application will be returned to you. Because the signed schedule A is must.

Also dont send these missing documents before they send your application back or if you are lucky before you are able to get an application number to link your documents to this specific number as this tends to delay the process.

Reactions: schweisy

Luthien

Star Member
Jul 25, 2018
AOR Received.
23-05-2019
Yes, as someone who ships a lot overseas (from Germany no less), I can confirm that this happens all the time when you use regular registered mail rather than a courier service. @Luthien, you could try plugging the Deutsche Post tracking number into the Canada Post tracker (rather than using the Deutsche Post website), and sometimes that works, but in my experience it's only really USPS this works for.

I'm also not sure that the employees in small-town Canada will even understand the Rückschein part, as that's just not a thing that exists in the Canadian postal system, so I wouldn't worry too much if you don't get that or it's delayed. This is actually the exact reason why we couriered ours -- I wasn't worried about speed so much, I was worried about not being able to track when it got there. That said, the odds of it not making it there are very slim, so you're right that it's almost certainly fine. (To be honest, I've never had Canada Post lose anything, whereas Deutsche Post has somehow lost two important sets of untracked documents for me, so if you tracked it until it left the country you should be fine, especially if you indicated it only contained documents so it doesn't get held up at customs.)

As for the medical appointment, you already know all about our troubles dealing with it here, so I can sympathize!

I tried the tracking number on the Canada Post website but it doesn't work. But as you said, it is very unlikely to get lost and I will just assume that it arrived already. It's good to know that maybe I won't even get my Rückschein postcard thing back. I have been checking our mailbox extra lately. ;)

As for the medical exam, I am most likely just going to book an appointment for the beginning of June. I will be able to just cancel it and go to Frankfurt. Or maybe we will just go on a family vacation to Copenhagen. ;)

schweisy

Dec 7, 2018
Berlin
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
07-12-2018
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
File Transfer...
11-03-2019
Med's Request
19-02-2019
Med's Done....
11-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2019
As for the medical exam, I am most likely just going to book an appointment for the beginning of June. I will be able to just cancel it and go to Frankfurt. Or maybe we will just go on a family vacation to Copenhagen. ;)
Sounds like a good plan! Also, if you can't get an appointment within the 30-day window you can always inform IRCC and send them proof of the earliest appointment you were able to get. I kind of think they should hear more from people in northern Germany who are having these issues. They need to certify more clinics if they expect people to be able to comply in 30 days without having to literally travel internationally to get it done -- though I can't say I'd object to the vacation in Copenhagen, personally! :p

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
This means you will not be receiving AOR soon. Instead your application will be returned to you. Because the signed schedule A is must.

Also dont send these missing documents before they send your application back or if you are lucky before you are able to get an application number to link your documents to this specific number as this tends to delay the process.
yes thats what i plan to do..if they return the application will my husband have to get a new police clearance certificate since the one we sent will expire soon by mid may

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
I still don't know if our application has arrived in Sydney or not. I didn't want to pay an extra 40 bucks for a courier because in general, at least our German mail system is fast. I am not sure about the Canadian mail. I made sure to get tracking on the application and it turns out that they stop the tracking once it is in Canada. :( I also bought a postcard service. This postcard will be sent back to me after our application has been delivired but I didn't get that back yet either, and it has been two weeks. I am sure that everything is fine and out application made it to Sydney but it is kind of annoying not knowing for sure when it arrived or if it even arrived already.
Well well, I can see a trend how EU citizens trust a regular post service :D @schweisy @JoshC
When I was sending my application, I felt it was for me like a gold bar, so I'd never trust a snail post. Just an idea they'd lose it or delay the delivery for a week drove me crazy, so I was ready to pay even twice a courier service price just to make sure it would be delivered on time and in a reliable way. But I understand it's just a difference in a mentality, and if you grew up in a country where a regular post is considered to be fast and reliable, you won't even have a back thought it might be different in other countries.

@Luthien you can try calling Canada Post directly. I remember a few months ago I read on this forum someone from abroad did that and I think they were successful. But it was a long time ago, so I don't remember the details, sorry.

Reactions: Luthien and JoshC

Aemanuel369

Apr 5, 2019
Hello.. Just wondering if anyone know how long it would take for them to return your application? Meaning if my application was received April.1st, if they sent it back would I have received it by now?
Thanks!

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hello.. Just wondering if anyone know how long it would take for them to return your application? Meaning if my application was received April.1st, if they sent it back would I have received it by now?
Thanks!
No, not necessarily, can take a couple of months. They need to review it first to assess if it's complete or incomplete.

kalegale

Star Member
Apr 15, 2019
Hi guys, sent in my application on 15th April, delivered today on 23rd April.

I am unable to add my self on the Google spread sheet. Can someone please add me.

av24

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
Hey folks,
My application was also received today, April 23.
I too didnt translate my chat history. But I also provided call history hopefully that satisfies them and not return my application. Crossed fingers.

jb9419

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Hey folks,
My application was also received today, April 23.
I too didnt translate my chat history. But I also provided call history hopefully that satisfies them and not return my application. Crossed fingers.
I think if written in English alphabet. Shouldn't be issue .

Reactions: av24
Apr 22, 2019
Hi everybody,

I have question regarding when you received your request for a medical exam.

Our family sponsorship application got sent to the Bogotá Visa Office on January 10th, 2019 and we received the letter stating I’ve been approved as sponsor for my spouse and the request of our CSQ undertaking application as we are going to Quebec. Our CSQ was approved on February 27th and was sent to the VO in Bogotá. It’s now been almost 4 months and we haven’t received the request for the medical exam for my spouse and we are wondering why it’s taking so long for the request.

How long can it take from the moment your application was sent to the VO to the time you received the medical request? Do they tend to wait to ask for the request rather then at the beginning? I’ve also read that many people received the medical request almost immediately after it was sent to the VO ( for other countries for ex.)

Our case manager advised us that each VO has there own process for when they request the medical and no news is usually good news. Is 4 months a long time for not receiving the medical request yet and should we request an update on our application from the Bogotá VO?

Many thanks,

Brody