+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2019 applications

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Thanks.

BTW, I login my tracking account. What I could see are as follows. I did not see the step of "Decsion Made" of "Decision Not Made", but I frequently see this step discussed in this forum. Where to see this decision? Thanks.

• Language skills
    Completed
  • Physical presence
    Completed
  • Citizenship test
    Completed
  • Background verification
    Completed
  • Prohibitions
    Completed
  • Citizenship ceremony
    Not started
If you login here, which is the old tracker, you should see "decision made" under your citizenship application.

Johann Pimenta

Jul 25, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
CIO Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-03-2014
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
03-04-2014
Interview........
Completed CSQ interview on 03-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-11-2015
Scarborough
Wow...Scarborough office? very surprising.....My application is pending with the Scarborough office from the past 2 years and 10 months

bpjeee

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2009
Doc's Request.
Aug 2009
Med's Done....
Nov 2010
Passport Req..
April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
I haven't. Still waiting ...
just for your information, i had my DM in mid August and at that time my Oath was scheduled for Feb 2022

MW2015

Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Everyone still waiting, seems like 2019 are applications of the forgotten past! Seems like they all went into a black hole.

k.t.

Aug 26, 2021
Either 1) come back to Canada and take it, or 2) reschedule it. If you don't mind rescheduling it, it's worth trying to ask to do the oath from outside Canada. If they say OK, then you take it, if they say no, you reschedule.
How would this work?
You're supposed to destroy your PR card at the end of the ceremony...
How would you be able to return back to Canada without it?
I guess you still have your country-of-origin passport... but citizens should use Canadian passport to travel back AFAIK.
Just wondering.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
How would this work?
You're supposed to destroy your PR card at the end of the ceremony...
How would you be able to return back to Canada without it?
I guess you still have your country-of-origin passport... but citizens should use Canadian passport to travel back AFAIK.
Just wondering.
Theoretically, they can mail the certificate to the VISA office closest to you, and you can apply to the passport in the nearest embassy. But IRCC don't do their jobs well in Canada, so I don't think they would go out of their way to send the certificate abroad.

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mine was also same scenario.
Applied on April 2019 and no update after my test which was done on sep 2019.
I tried from MP reference to get the update but no luck. I tried webforms, ATIP but no luck.
Last thing I did was email to the Scarborough office with the all the details and asked the reason for the delay. In a week I started seeing updates on my tracker for the sections and waiting started again.
After 6 months I emailed them again saying no update even after completing all checks. A week after I received a response saying

Good Day,

Thank you for your email. Please be advised we have an inventory of ceremony ready files and all ceremonies have been scheduled up until April 31, 2022. You will receive the Notice to Appear by email 1 week prior to the event.

After 10 days I got another email with the oath ceremony date.
So what I learned from this is.. we need to check and followup no matter how many days we do.
I am also an applicant from April 2019, still no Test invite, got AOR in July 2019 and "in process date shows as Sep 2019... still no test for me, sent couple of web forms in last 12months still no movement.

What would you advise me to do now? Scarborough Office

elgaaato

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
I am also an applicant from April 2019, still no Test invite, got AOR in July 2019 and "in process date shows as Sep 2019... still no test for me, sent couple of web forms in last 12months still no movement.

What would you advise me to do now? Scarborough Office
Call your MP, of file for mandamus, the second option will cost $$$

mapplic

Sep 6, 2021
I can see that the date of last update in my portal has changed from april 2021(when portal was created) to January 2022. but still those " in progress" sections remain "in progress"

has anyone experienced this? does it mean they are working on my file or its just the routine generic update for all applications like the one in april 2021?

FMCAD

Jun 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can see that the date of last update in my portal has changed from april 2021(when portal was created) to January 2022. but still those " in progress" sections remain "in progress"

has anyone experienced this? does it mean they are working on my file or its just the routine generic update for all applications like the one in april 2021?
Mine is still showing April 23,2021...everything in processing, no test yet