+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2019 applications

IshaKush

Dec 30, 2015
Hi Guys,

Got an email from some Amar Chakroborty for oath on Thursday, Sep 10. Interestingly the email didn't come from a generic CIC account but from Amar.Chakraborty@cic.gc.ca. Also, the email came on Saturday. the first email appeared genuine but the 2nd email appears fraudulent. Did anyone else get the same.

Case Centre: Mississauga

First Email

Dear Ishakush (Application

Number: C00XXXXXXX)

Immigration, Refugees and
Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is pleased to invite you to take the Oath of Citizenship. To complete all requirements for Canadian citizenship, you are required to recite the Oath of Citizenship before an authorized official.

In the context of the current operational changes in response to the COVID-19 situation, the Oath will be administered by video using

Zoom on:
Video oath ceremony: Thursday, September 10, 2020

Time: 11:00 am Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/

Zoom Meeting ID:
975 4660 XXXX
Zoom Meeting Password:
106XXX

Do NOT share the logon credentials (the meeting link, ID or password) with anyone.

2nd Email
Hi,I am the clerk for your upcoming citizenship oath ceremony. I need to verify some information regarding the session. When can I call you back? Please have
your PR card(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence document ready and let me know.Best regardsAmar Chakraborty

C&I Case Processing Agent, Domestic Network
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada / Government of Canada
Amar.Chakraborty@cic.gc.ca
/ Tel: 647-253-9717

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hi Guys,

Got an email from some Amar for oath on Thursday, Sep 10. Interestingly the email didn't come from a generic CIC account but from Also, the email came on Saturday. the first email appeared genuine but the 2nd email appears fraudulent. Did anyone else get the same.
Its not fraud. You are not tracking other threads/posts. Many got second email to verify the candidate's setup for oath. Please update the post to hide full name and email and phone number of cic employee. You have hidden your name but not the govt employee's information.

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Hi Guys,

Got an email from some Amar Chakroborty for oath on Thursday, Sep 10. Interestingly the email didn't come from a generic CIC account but from Amar.Chakraborty@cic.gc.ca. Also, the email came on Saturday. the first email appeared genuine but the 2nd email appears fraudulent. Did anyone else get the same.

Case Centre: Mississauga

First Email

Dear Ishakush (Application

Number: C00XXXXXXX)

Immigration, Refugees and
Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is pleased to invite you to take the Oath of Citizenship. To complete all requirements for Canadian citizenship, you are required to recite the Oath of Citizenship before an authorized official.

In the context of the current operational changes in response to the COVID-19 situation, the Oath will be administered by video using

Zoom on:
Video oath ceremony: Thursday, September 10, 2020

Time: 11:00 am Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/

Zoom Meeting ID:
975 4660 XXXX
Zoom Meeting Password:
106XXX

Do NOT share the logon credentials (the meeting link, ID or password) with anyone.

2nd Email
Hi,I am the clerk for your upcoming citizenship oath ceremony. I need to verify some information regarding the session. When can I call you back? Please have
your PR card(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence document ready and let me know.Best regardsAmar Chakraborty

C&I Case Processing Agent, Domestic Network
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada / Government of Canada
Amar.Chakraborty@cic.gc.ca
/ Tel: 647-253-9717
This is a genuine email. Nothing to worry about since the domain is cic.gc.ca.
Google for "amar chakraborty cic" and hit the first link to see the employee directory listing. Or you can search for the said person on linked in to verify.
Also, you can call IRCC to verify about the doubtful email.

Congratulations for the oath ceremony.
All the best!

olsen01

Mar 7, 2020
Ontario
Hi,

just an update from me. I was contacted by IRCC last week for a pre-registration meeting this week, where they checked my ID, verified address etc, and then I had the oath ceremony today. So finally done!

Both meetings were done over Zoom of course. Niagara Falls office for me.

Reactions: KAZ123

dookilooki

Sep 6, 2013
Hi,

just an update from me. I was contacted by IRCC last week for a pre-registration meeting this week, where they checked my ID, verified address etc, and then I had the oath ceremony today. So finally done!

Both meetings were done over Zoom of course. Niagara Falls office for me.
congratulation, can you list your time line of Oath process.. i received expression 2 weeks ago and no reply since

ZiZoOoOo

Nov 13, 2019
After it showed Decision Made in ECAS in August 2020, It changed last week to "In Process" again requesting a second-time fingerprint. Any idea why is this happens? I already submitted my first fingerprints in September 2019. Doesn't "Decision Made" means that I am only waiting for Oath and why they go back to in Process? This is very frustrating, I am A Calgary office April 2019 applicant.

almeida

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2014
Nomination.....
PER received : 26-01-2015
AOR Received.
SLU on 21/08/2015
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
15-01-2015
Med's Request
26-10-2015
Med's Done....
01/11/2015
Interview........
Waived - Decision made
Passport Req..
11/11/2015
VISA ISSUED...
18/11/2015
LANDED..........
ASAP in Jesus name
Hi everyone, I got a 2nd FP request from Vancouver office since the previous FP submission to Scarborough office was more that a year old. My Citizenship test followed by interview was completed before covid-19 happened.

Glad to see some activity on my application and will soon get FP done and hope to get virtual oath invite.

This may happen to some folks in the same scenario.

almeida

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2014
Nomination.....
PER received : 26-01-2015
AOR Received.
SLU on 21/08/2015
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
15-01-2015
Med's Request
26-10-2015
Med's Done....
01/11/2015
Interview........
Waived - Decision made
Passport Req..
11/11/2015
VISA ISSUED...
18/11/2015
LANDED..........
ASAP in Jesus name
After it showed Decision Made in ECAS in August 2020, It changed last week to "In Process" again requesting a second-time fingerprint. Any idea why is this happens? I already submitted my first fingerprints in September 2019. Doesn't "Decision Made" means that I am only waiting for Oath and why they go back to in Process? This is very frustrating, I am A Calgary office April 2019 applicant.
See my recent msg here. I emailed CIC back to ask and I got a reply stating that previous FP request was a year old and they need it again. have an appt today. i am rushing to have everything done before another lockdown( if any).

olsen01

Mar 7, 2020
Ontario
congratulation, can you list your time line of Oath process.. i received expression 2 weeks ago and no reply since
Hi, sorry the slow response.

Hopefully you've completed your process by now, but for reference here's my timeline:
I got an email mid August asking if I would be willing to attend a virtual oath ceremony, to which I replied positively of course.
I was then asked to attend a pre-registration meeting in order to confirm identification and go through the process. This was Sep 7.
The actual oath ceremony was then done Sep 11.

I had my test in Nov 2019 and decision made at that point.

Servet

Feb 5, 2020
Admin please update my status
Decision made Sept- 25
Letter invitation for virtual Oath ceremony received Oct-01
Oath ceremony Oct-02
The ceremony went well. About 40 participants. Montreal. Good luck for everyone

fim71

Jun 27, 2019
See my recent msg here. I emailed CIC back to ask and I got a reply stating that previous FP request was a year old and they need it again. have an appt today. i am rushing to have everything done before another lockdown( if any).
Is there any update in your application? I checked my online status and it changed also from “decision made” into “in process”. Thank you.