+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2019 applications

olsen01

Mar 7, 2020
Ontario
I got an invite yesterday for Zoom Oath Ceremony today at 8:30 AM. So it finally brings completion to a long journey...
Hi Vkaushik82, did you initially get an email asking you are willing to do a virtual oath ceremony, before you got the actual invite?

I received such an email, which I of course responded positively to, but I have not heard anything beyond that.

olsen01

Mar 7, 2020
Ontario
I got video Oath ceremony invitation yesterday. It is scheduled to take place on 31/8/2020. So glad this journey is finally coming to an end. I hope, everyone get their’s soon.
Hi KAZ123, I thought I'd ask you the same question as I did Vkaushik82. Did you first receive an email asking you are willing to do a virtual oath ceremony, before you received the actual invite?

If so, I'm curious as to how long it was between the initial email and the actual invite. It seems the process is different from office to office though...

KAZ123

Jun 2, 2019
Hi KAZ123, I thought I'd ask you the same question as I did Vkaushik82. Did you first receive an email asking you are willing to do a virtual oath ceremony, before you received the actual invite?

If so, I'm curious as to how long it was between the initial email and the actual invite. It seems the process is different from office to office though...
Hiya,
I only received email telling me date and time of Virtual ceremony and instructions on what to do before,during and after the ceremony. The email said only contact back in case I am unable to attend the ceremony on the given day.

Reactions: olsen01

gsingh80

Star Member
May 9, 2014
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Hi, Update on my application, could someone please update the spreadsheet tracker:

Received an invitation email for virtual oath ceremony today and it is now scheduled on Sep 2, 2020.

Hoback

Apr 27, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
U024
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-08-2012
Doc's Request.
Sent upfront
Nomination.....
5-09-2015
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with file
Med's Request
Sent upfront
Med's Done....
Sent upfront
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
In Canada since 22-08-2013
Got my Zoom Oath Ceremony invite today. I'm scheduled for Monday, Aug 31.

SherMOH

Aug 24, 2020
Hi Vkaushik82, did you initially get an email asking you are willing to do a virtual oath ceremony, before you got the actual invite?

I received such an email, which I of course responded positively to, but I have not heard anything beyond that.
Same email I received (expression of interest) since 3 weeks but no email or call after. When did you receive the email?

olsen01

Mar 7, 2020
Ontario
Congratulations! May I know your timeline? I am from hamilton as well and has been on DM since Nov 2019, but I'm glad to hear some movement from Hamilton office!
Hi, thank you, but I haven't actually completed the oath ceremony yet, or received an actual invite. Only an email asking me to confirm that I'm ok with a virtual ceremony. It's been quiet since. I applied in April 2019, had the test in Nov and was DM shortly after.

Andy_Lee

Mar 31, 2016
Same here! from Calgary. No idea what is going on. I thought I am the only one on the planet who didn't receive the citizenship from the April 2019 applicants.
Same here. I am an April 2019 applicant. I passed my test in last November. I have heard nothing since then.

KAZ123

Jun 2, 2019
Hello,
Today I had my Oath ceremony via Zoom. I want to thank everyone on this forum for providing valuable advice, support and hope throughout this process. I wish you all the very best.

Reactions: olsen01