Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
will surely
Hi Admin, Can you please add my timeline in the excel sheet.

id : Sunnynitian
Application type: Family (2)
Location -Toronto
Application ship date 26th April
Received Date 29th April
AOR received 9th July

Reactions: robert1234

hanuz06

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
I don't have any update since my last note. I tried calling, but was not able to connect. I will try again today.
I have another question to this group:
My PR card expires in the month of Aug 2019. I however, might have some work out of the country requiring me to travel (official work related... not personal). This is most likely in Nov-Dec this year.
I put together the following options and trying to find information:
1. Can i apply for a PR card extension while i wait for the citizenship application to be processed? Will this have any implications on the timelines?
2. Can i travel out of the country and then apply for the PR document when i am out to be able to return back? Again, will this have any implications on the timelines?
3. Can i request for urgent processing after i submitted my citizenship application? Would my situation warrant an urgent processing? if so, what documents can i submit and how?

Thank you all!
Have a wonderful weekend ahead.
I think you can also try to ask for urgent processing if you have valid reason.

martiansam

Jul 10, 2014
Thank you so much for this. I checked CIC as well. The issue is, there is no clear answer with regards to the 'implications' on the Citizenship application that i have already submitted. both the topics i.e. citizenship application and PR extension are independent of each other on cic.gc.ca and hence reaching out to see if anyone had any experience with this matter, etc.
Yeah unfortunately, there is not much information available as to whether applying for PR card renewal while citizenship application is underway will affect your citizenship application timelines. Sorry couldn't help more.

However, I think the following discussion might help you, especially comment from one 'family_guy'. Interesting.
https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9026&title=p-r-card-renewal-while-wating-for-citizenship-oath

A&A

Apr 6, 2019
Yeah unfortunately, there is not much information available as to whether applying for PR card renewal while citizenship application is underway will affect your citizenship application timelines. Sorry couldn't help more.

However, I think the following discussion might help you, especially comment from one 'family_guy'. Interesting.
https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9026&title=p-r-card-renewal-while-wating-for-citizenship-oath
Thank you MartinSam. This indeed was a very interesting read. I will explore the option of applying for an extension of PR (will probably request my work for a letter to qualify for urgent PR extension as well as my work has been asking me to get this sorted to be able to travel shortly (this is a new job and when i applied for citizenship, i did not have any intentions of traveling)

naseryas

Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
12-MAR-2016
Guys I got my AOR few days ago. Im planning a long travel in August, probably for more than 6 months. I plan to come back for test and oath. Questions:

1) Any problem with this you might foresee?

2) Can I do fingerprints in advance (in the case that they are requested later). If no, can I do them abroad if requested?

I plan to divert my mail to a friend for that time period.

Thanks in advance for your answers..

Last edited:

8664fk

Jul 10, 2019
Finally got my AOR but still dont have access to ECAS. Does anyone know how long after AOR the ECAS would be activated? Thanks

Nav_S

Aug 8, 2015
Hi Pardon me if I am in the wrong thread.
I had a question: I am not really familiar with the process.
But after you have applied for citizenship does IRCC sends you information on completing the citizenship test?
or you have the option of completing the test before you apply as well.

Thanks in advance

Chevy23

May 1, 2014
Vancouver Island
Hi Pardon me if I am in the wrong thread.
I had a question: I am not really familiar with the process.
But after you have applied for citizenship does IRCC sends you information on completing the citizenship test?
or you have the option of completing the test before you apply as well.

Thanks in advance
Yes IRCC will send you an invite to the test/interview and oath.

You cannot do the test before applying.

Reactions: Nav_S

Nlkko

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2014
Nomination.....