+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2019 applications

Hapique

Oct 17, 2015
Hello everyone, my oathtaking will be on Aug 30th, but I have not yet received an email. Should I contact CIC as early as now or just wait until a couple days before the ceremony date?

Thank you.
People say the mail will come a week before (sometimes even a day before) the oath and it's normal.

Reactions: fullmetalCPA

naseryas

Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
12-MAR-2016
Hello

I have just completed and pass my online test today. What is next? Do they still require interviews?

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello

I have just completed and pass my online test today. What is next? Do they still require interviews?
I've updated the spreadsheet.

Not everyone receives an interview requests. Reports of interview have gone significantly lately.

Could you also please provide the date when you received the test invite email?

naseryas

Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
12-MAR-2016
I've updated the spreadsheet.

Not everyone receives an interview requests. Reports of interview have gone significantly lately.

Could you also please provide the date when you received the test invite email?
My initial invite was on 14 April 2021 for an online test. I asked them to reschedule as I was outside Canada and could not be physically present in Canada (doing it outside was not an option then). They sent another invite on August 4th but this time there was an option to take it even if OUTSIDE Canada to mu luck. I just completed the test today 19th August. The test was super easy, took me only 4 minutes to finish with a full mark. I'm still outside Canada. Do they do virtual citizenship ceremonies as well?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
My initial invite was on 14 April 2021 for an online test. I asked them to reschedule as I was outside Canada and could not be physically present in Canada (doing it outside was not an option then). They sent another invite on August 4th but this time there was an option to take it even if OUTSIDE Canada to mu luck. I just completed the test today 19th August. The test was super easy, took me only 4 minutes to finish with a full mark. I'm still outside Canada. Do they do virtual citizenship ceremonies as well?
Thanks. Updated. Yes oath is virtual now for most applicants. A couple of applicants have been invited to in-person oath lately.

naseryas

Mar 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
12-MAR-2016
Thanks. Updated. Yes oath is virtual now for most applicants. A couple of applicants have been invited to in-person oath lately.
In their website they say you have to be "physically present" in Canada while doing the online oath ceremony. Is there a possibility or anyone who was allowed to do it while outside Canada?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
In their website they say you have to be "physically present" in Canada while doing the online oath ceremony. Is there a possibility or anyone who was allowed to do it while outside Canada?
No. There is no evidence at this time that anyone who applied for Citizenship grant under 5(1) were allowed to take oath outside Canada. So, it is safe to assume you MUST be in Canada for oath. The oath letter also mentions this.

VZJJD

May 1, 2019
What is the current expected time taken from Decision Made to Oath Ceremony. I might have to take a call on travelling before or after. Any recent experience will be appreciated.
I got the decision made on July 22nd, then the oath letter emailed to me on August 6th, and the ceremony was scheduled for August 17th. Hope that helps and congratulation :)

• Love
Reactions: bpjeee

VZJJD

May 1, 2019
No. There is no evidence at this time that anyone who applied for Citizenship grant under 5(1) were allowed to take oath outside Canada. So, it is safe to assume you MUST be in Canada for oath. The oath letter also mentions this.
just a note that at the beginning of the ceremony they asked you if you are currently in Canada or not. and they expected you to be in Canada!

gavlar

Aug 25, 2021
Hello all,

Bit late here but here's my timeline so far.

Kitchener Office.

April 2019 applicant

- AOR September 11, 2019
- BG completed as of Sept 2019
- Test Passed in June 2021
- Decision Made on ECAS - August 4th
- Oath: Not started

bpjeee

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2009
Doc's Request.
Aug 2009
Med's Done....
Nov 2010
Passport Req..
April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
i have an update. Oath Ceremony scheduled for Feb 2022. :(
But hey again. At least the date is known now....

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
i have an update. Oath Ceremony scheduled for Feb 2022. :(
But hey again. At least the date is known now....
Congratulations! Could you please provide the date of the oath ceremony so that I can update the spreadsheet?

I'm assuming both you and your wife have received it, right?

bpjeee

Star Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2009
Doc's Request.
Aug 2009
Med's Done....
Nov 2010
Passport Req..
April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
Congratulations! Could you please provide the date of the oath ceremony so that I can update the spreadsheet?

I'm assuming both you and your wife have received it, right?
9 FEB 2022

For my wife the sheet has already been updated. she had her oath in june...

Thanks Raj ji...