Med's Request
Feb 2015
Med's Done....
March 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 2015
I am a Hamilton applicant as well. I Did my test on November 21, 2019 and got "Decision Made" a few days later and have been waiting ever since. This is real sad. The halt on the ceremonies was exactly two weeks shy of one year since they received my application. I hope we hear from them soon!
looks like this is a trend with the Hamilton office. if decision is made, its really unreasonable to have people wait that long for oath. once decision is made, technically we meet all the criteria to be treated as citizens and no citizen should wait that long to get a certificate!

Reactions: olsen01

olsen01

Mar 7, 2020
Ontario
looks like this is a trend with the Hamilton office. if decision is made, its really unreasonable to have people wait that long for oath. once decision is made, technically we meet all the criteria to be treated as citizens and no citizen should wait that long to get a certificate!
The Hamilton office does seem to have quite a backlog. Not sure why that is the case of course, nor do I see why they should be so much more busy than some other offices like Scarborough.

Moe2010

Star Member
Feb 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2014
Doc's Request.
Feb 2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
Sep 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Feb 2015
Med's Done....
March 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April 2015
I emailed IRCC but they simple replied that processing times are longer than usual because of COVID.
MP is the member of parliament representing your region/area of residence. They are the ones you will be voting for when you become a citizen (very soon!) and they are there to help you. you can simply look up on google who is the MP for your area/city and get in touch with them asking for help. I haven't contacted mine yet, but i know many who did and got the help or at least the advice they needed. In my case, because my delay is a natural delay as a result of COVID, i am holding a bit on contacting them. but in your case to be on a decision made status for more than 6 months, i find this very unreasonable. this is just my personal opinion based on experiences around me - not a legal advice for sure! All the best. keep me posted.

Reactions: mvdr and rubz9911

KAZ123

Jun 2, 2019
Similar situation, passed the test on October 2019 and still in process- Calgary!
Hi,
It is same with me... passed test on 30th OCT (Calgary office)... and since then my status shows in process. I feel like IRCC forgot about my application after the test.

ZiZoOoOo

Nov 13, 2019
Hi,
It is same with me... passed test on 30th OCT (Calgary office)... and since then my status shows in process. I feel like IRCC forgot about my application after the test.
it is crazy! I felt the same. Have you tried to call them or do anything?

Servet

Feb 5, 2020
it is crazy! I felt the same. Have you tried to call them or do anything?
The same here, passed the citizenship test in Oct 30 Montreal office. Still in process. IRCC said that nothing to be done, just wait till they resume their work.

mesumrizvi

Nov 7, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Anyone got a call from your local office to have a zoom citizenship meeting? Apparently, my wife got a call yesterday and they said they will email her further details but she has not received anything yet. Her original oath ceremony date was mid April but got cancelled due to covid lockdown. Now out of nowhere she got a call yesterday from an Unknown number

Last edited:

Shazsabb

Nov 30, 2017
Anyone got a call from your local office to have a zoom citizenship meeting? Apparently, my wife got a call yesterday and they said they will email her further details but she has not received anything yet.
Today, I received a call from IRCC around 12 pm , same she told me too that she will send further information via email. Right now i am waiting for email from them.

mvdr

Jun 30, 2015
Today, I received a call from IRCC around 12 pm , same she told me too that she will send further information via email. Right now i am waiting for email from them.
Thanks for sharing, what number did they use to call you? Or was it labelled IRCC?

Shazsabb

Nov 30, 2017
Thanks for sharing, what number did they use to call you? Or was it labelled IRCC?
I got a call from Private number. I mean it was labelled Private number. What number did your wife receive a call? Did your wife receive email from them? I am still waiting.

Usher9387

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
How you guys verified the call is from IRCC and not a scam because its a very good chance to get all personal details to make a scam call like this so please be little aware before you provide any personal information.

Reactions: sydcarton

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
I got a call from Private number. I mean it was labelled Private number. What number did your wife receive a call? Did your wife receive email from them? I am still waiting.
Can you let us know what they said to identify/verify themselves as IRCC employees? There seems to be a fair amount of scams going on right now.

Reactions: mpsqra