+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>April 2019 AoR<<<<<< Join here

MrTTBO

Sep 24, 2019
Status is same since biometrics. " We are processing your application. We are processing your background verification. We will contact you if we need more information."

No reply received for webform raised.
keep your fingers crossed

parass1984

Oct 11, 2019
Guys can you help us ?? Any advice

ITA-20th Feb 2019 ( Draw of 457)
AOR- 12th April 2019
V0-Ottawa
CRS Score-460
Refusal- 6th November

We filled our PR application on 12th April 2019 and everything was going well until 6th November 2019 when we got the refusal letter.
Reason for refusal- ACCORDING TO CIC BALLB degree is now counted as single degree instead of dual degree. This change happened somewhere in August 2019 whereas our AOR is of 12th April 2019. So, wanted to know Can we file an APPEAL against this decision as our eligibility was checked once by one officer and that person cleared it once. Then again our Eligibility check was done by 2nd officer somewhere around October and our application was refused on that basis as in august WES updated BALLB as single degree instead of dual degree.
PLEASE PROVIDE ANY ADVICE/SUGGESTION AS TO HOW WE SHOULD proceed further.

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020

AOR- 12th April 2019
V0-Ottawa
CRS Score-460
Refusal- 6th November

We filled our PR application on 12th April 2019 and everything was going well until 6th November 2019 when we got the refusal letter.
Reason for refusal- ACCORDING TO CIC BALLB degree is now counted as single degree instead of dual degree. This change happened somewhere in August 2019 whereas our AOR is of 12th April 2019. So, wanted to know Can we file an APPEAL against this decision as our eligibility was checked once by one officer and that person cleared it once. Then again our Eligibility check was done by 2nd officer somewhere around October and our application was refused on that basis as in august WES updated BALLB as single degree instead of dual degree.
Can you share the refusal letter ?

If the rule changed after your Aor ,they can’t deny it .
But for that your WES report must state two degrees.

parass1984

Oct 11, 2019
Dear.......

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Federal Skilled Worker Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act.

In addition, according to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act:

11.2 An officer may not issue a visa or other document in respect of an application for permanent residence to a foreign national who was issued an invitation under Division 0.1 to make such an application if – at the time the invitation was issued or at the time the officer received their application – the foreign national did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e) or does not have the qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h) and were consequently issued the invitation.

Section 11.2 of the Act requires that information provided in your Express Entry Profile concerning your eligibility to be invited to apply (10.3(1)(e)) as well as the qualifications on the basis of which you were ranked (10.3(1)(h)) be valid both at the time the invitation was issued and at the time the application for permanent residence is received.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) invited you to apply for permanent resident status based on the qualifications you claimed in your Express Entry profile.

In your Express Entry profile you claimed 119 Comprehensive Ranking Points (CRS) for education, equivalent to two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer.

I note that you declared the following degrees:

Bachelor's or 3yr post-sec from ....... University, 20...

Bachelor's or 3yr post-sec from ....... University, 20....

You provided an Educational Credential Assessment report which equates your highest education credential to Dual bachelor's degree (four years).

Please note that Dual bachelor’s degree (four years) does not equal two bachelor’s degrees for assessmentpurposes.

Based on the documents you provided your highest level of education is equivalent to post-secondary program credential of three years or longer, bringing your total points down.

This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest ranking person who was invited to apply in your round of invitation, under the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System.

As I have found that you no longer possess the qualification on the basis of which you were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h), you no longer meet the requirements of Section 11.2 ofAct.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

The decision communicated in this letter constitutes the definitive and final decision on your present application. Your application will be retained, under current Government of Canada file retention guidelines, for a period of two years. Your application forms and supporting documents will not be returned to you. If you should submit a new application it would require new fees and documentation and would need to meet all the requirements in effect at the time the application is submitted.

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Dear.......

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Federal Skilled Worker Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act.

11.2 An officer may not issue a visa or other document in respect of an application for permanent residence to a foreign national who was issued an invitation under Division 0.1 to make such an application if – at the time the invitation was issued or at the time the officer received their application – the foreign national did not meet the criteria set out in an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(e) or does not have the qualifications on the basis of which they were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h) and were consequently issued the invitation.

Section 11.2 of the Act requires that information provided in your Express Entry Profile concerning your eligibility to be invited to apply (10.3(1)(e)) as well as the qualifications on the basis of which you were ranked (10.3(1)(h)) be valid both at the time the invitation was issued and at the time the application for permanent residence is received.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) invited you to apply for permanent resident status based on the qualifications you claimed in your Express Entry profile.

In your Express Entry profile you claimed 119 Comprehensive Ranking Points (CRS) for education, equivalent to two or more post-secondary program credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary program of three years or longer.

You provided an Educational Credential Assessment report which equates your highest education credential to Dual bachelor's degree (four years).

Please note that Dual bachelor’s degree (four years) does not equal two bachelor’s degrees for assessmentpurposes.

Based on the documents you provided your highest level of education is equivalent to post-secondary program credential of three years or longer, bringing your total points down.

This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest ranking person who was invited to apply in your round of invitation, under the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System.

As I have found that you no longer possess the qualification on the basis of which you were ranked under an instruction given under paragraph 10.3(1)(h), you no longer meet the requirements of Section 11.2 ofAct.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

The decision communicated in this letter constitutes the definitive and final decision on your present application. Your application will be retained, under current Government of Canada file retention guidelines, for a period of two years. Your application forms and supporting documents will not be returned to you. If you should submit a new application it would require new fees and documentation and would need to meet all the requirements in effect at the time the application is submitted.
Dual Bachelors has always been in grey area.

Need a lawyer advice on this .

@legalfalcon please help .What can be done in this case

Thanks in advance .

Kayne

Apr 5, 2019
Canada
Yeah, I got it.
Congrats. Why didn't you post here? Or give a timeline? It'll help those coming after us to learn more about the varieties of how cases are processed. I also got 2 ghost updates within the space of 10 days as of yesterday so expecting my ppr this coming week.

Reactions: MrTTBO

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Dear.......

If your WES equivalency states just "Dual Degree", I fear it doesn't qualify as "two or more degrees". Can you please paste what your WES equivalency states?

Deepanshur20

Nov 10, 2019
I have educational credentials of Bachelor's degree (three years) and bachelor's degree (four years)

What does this equal to in PR form?

hasithaviduranga

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Edmonton Alberta
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-02-2019
AOR Received.
11-04-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
31-05-2019

AOR- 12th April 2019
V0-Ottawa
CRS Score-460
Refusal- 6th November

@legalfalcon is the bast one to reply this.

riya_91

Nov 4, 2019
My sis has done her B.sc agriculture and M.sc agriculture from US and has worked as supervisor for 2 years and 10 months and then she had to come back to India because she did not get H1 visa. Now she has been waiting for CRS score to drop since last 6-7 months. But no luck. Her score will not raise until she has 3 years of experience in same NOC. What should she do?

joyshreenathEE

Jun 10, 2019
Hi Everyone,
Its PPR raining ! Thanks for your support, feedback and wishes. I wish each and everyone good luck for future endevarors.
Below are the timelines for your info.
AOR 26th Apr
Medical Passed 5th June
Biometrics 15th June
Completion Date 26th Oct
RPRF 2nd Nov
PPR 9th Nov

Best Regards
Congratulations Sahil.

joyshreenathEE

Jun 10, 2019
Hello everyone,

Received PPR today morning. My timeline is below:
AOR April 29
MEP June 7
Biometrics June 11
Silence after that for a long time
Spoke to IRCC November 1 and found out that eligibility was recommended pass and background checks were in progress
Finally PPR November 9

I wish everyone the best of luck for the future. This forum has been a great help and I am so happy to see slowly slowly everyone is receiving the golden email.

God bless you all!
Congrats Ziyad

Reactions: MrTTBO