+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>>April 2019 AoR<<<<<< Join here

dream_24

Dec 10, 2018
PPR it is !!

The status bar tracker in the portal disappeared and we got the PPR mail on 5th Nov. The portal still says "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.". I guess this will change only after getting COPR.

AOR: April 28, 2019
Medicals: June 6, 2019
Biometrics: June 15, 2019
Applicants: 2
FSW Outland from India
PPR Email: November 5, 2019
Passport submission: November 8, 2019 (Planning to submit today)

Raised a webform on 24th October 2019 and got a standard reply that they are still reviewing and no idea about the deadline.

No updates on the portal or email after biometrics till PPR Email. Ever since the biometrics, our status was always as shown below
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Hope this is helpful. We used to be really anxious and used to check the email early in the morning every day as the update is supposed to come via email first. Except for a few comments, I have been mostly silent in this forum. Thanks to all who gave frequent updates so that everyone is informed about the current trend in the application process. All we can do is wait and distract ourselves with other things in our day to day life.
Congratulations on you PPR. Your account will be updated once your COPR is printed. Good luck

Reactions: MrTTBO

Indu raks

Oct 30, 2019
PPR it is !!

The status bar tracker in the portal disappeared and we got the PPR mail on 5th Nov. The portal still says "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.". I guess this will change only after getting COPR.

FSW Outland from India

Raised a webform on 24th October 2019 and got a standard reply that they are still reviewing and no idea about the deadline.

No updates on the portal or email after biometrics till PPR Email. Ever since the biometrics, our status was always as shown below
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Hope this is helpful. We used to be really anxious and used to check the email early in the morning every day as the update is supposed to come via email first. Except for a few comments, I have been mostly silent in this forum. Thanks to all who gave frequent updates so that everyone is informed about the current trend in the application process. All we can do is wait and distract ourselves with other things in our day to day life.
Congrats on your PPR

kellysouthafrica

Oct 18, 2019
My application has also reached to 7 months. I passed medical exam in May 2019. My upfront medical exam was expired. I wonder whether I have to do my remeds to submit again or no need to do it till my PR application is approved?
They ask for reme
Checked my profile yesterday and see my remeds are reflecting on my profile and have been “passed” - a week after doing them (definitely the quickest thing to happen on my profile)

Any idea of next steps? How long does it usually take for COPR?

Sahil Chadha

Oct 25, 2019
PPR it is !!

FSW Outland from India

Congrats . Wish you luck .

deepshikha123

Star Member
May 20, 2019
Those who have received PPR I wanted to ask when are you travelling as it's gonna be very cold there in the coming months.
Also, if anyone has any info about how much cash and gold we can take with us. Please help!!

Sahil Chadha

Oct 25, 2019
Those who have received PPR I wanted to ask when are you travelling as it's gonna be very cold there in the coming months.
Also, if anyone has any info about how much cash and gold we can take with us. Please help!!
Travelling is totally individual choice depending upon the expiry of your visa and your job. Rest winters can be a challenge in starting, which you manage by buying jacket, gloves from there. Cash per person is 10000CAD in any form , hard, forex, etc. Gold you can take max. at 1 st time whether you have bills of all or not, but you have to declare at time of formalities. From 2nd time taking gold in much qty is not advisable. Hope it helps you. Can you tell your medical date.

ripster85

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
PPR it is !!

FSW Outland from India

Hi, What was your visa office. Congratz

deepshikha123

Star Member
May 20, 2019
Travelling is totally individual choice depending upon the expiry of your visa and your job. Rest winters can be a challenge in starting, which you manage by buying jacket, gloves from there. Cash per person is 10000CAD in any form , hard, forex, etc. Gold you can take max. at 1 st time whether you have bills of all or not, but you have to declare at time of formalities. From 2nd time taking gold in much qty is not advisable. Hope it helps you. Can you tell your medical date.
Thanks for the info Sahil.. my Meds expiring in March.
So there's no limit on the gold that we carry???

Kayne

Apr 5, 2019
Canada
There's no limit to the cash either. The only catch is that you have to declare any cash that's over 10,000 CAD. If it's less than that in cash, you don't have to declare. You can google this as well for more clarity.

Reactions: deepshikha123

Sahil Chadha

Oct 25, 2019
Yes, you can carry as per your wish. I would suggest you should go in Mar and utiliser your time over here until and unless you have job. Which you decide any province

MrTTBO

Sep 24, 2019
PPR it is !!

FSW Outland from India

Congrats!