AOR Received.
12-04-2018
File Transfer...
01-06-2018
Med's Request
23-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-12-2018
So did you get this update via email or by letter?
Nope, no emails, no letters not for me or my husband. You must check online status (ECAS) + GCKey. In fact, the medical request message is on GCKey, if I had not logged in today to check for updates we would not have known about it!!

psingh23

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
Nope, no emails, no letters not for me or my husband. You must check online status (ECAS) + GCKey. In fact, the medical request message is on GCKey, if I had not logged in today to check for updates we would not have known about it!!
I see, but this is strange. Trust me I have tried sooo many times to link my application on GCKey but not able to. My application was received on April 19 which means today it has been exactly 5 weeks since they received it....

Ayat

Star Member
May 20, 2018
AOR Received.
12-04-2018
File Transfer...
01-06-2018
Med's Request
23-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-12-2018
I see, but this is strange. Trust me I have tried sooo many times to link my application on GCKey but not able to. My application was received on April 19 which means today it has been exactly 5 weeks since they received it....
It is strange! I think you will not be able to link it until you get an "in process" status on ECAS. That was the case for us. We were gonna wait until AOR1 but we never got any email for that ?? So I just said let's try it and we were able to link it. Hopefully you get an update soon :)

psingh23

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
It is strange! I think you will not be able to link it until you get an "in process" status on ECAS. That was the case for us. We were gonna wait until AOR1 but we never got any email for that ?? So I just said let's try it and we were able to link it. Hopefully you get an update soon :)
Oh I see, actually can you check the status on ECAS? Wait, is ECAS different than GCKey? (Pardon my ignorance :))

Ayat

Star Member
May 20, 2018
AOR Received.
12-04-2018
File Transfer...
01-06-2018
Med's Request
23-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-12-2018
Oh I see, actually can you check the status on ECAS? Wait, is ECAS different than GCKey? (Pardon my ignorance :))
No problem! :)
ECAS can be checked here:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

I hope you know the PA UCI #! The good thing is, you can check status for both sponsor AND applicant. You just need one of those ID numbers. Since I'm a citizen and don't know my UCI #, I just inputted the Application # after my husband linked to GCKey and I put my b-day etc to get on. It's cool. Hope that is not too confusing.

psingh23

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
No problem! :)
ECAS can be checked here:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do

I hope you know the PA UCI #! The good thing is, you can check status for both sponsor AND applicant. You just need one of those ID numbers. Since I'm a citizen and don't know my UCI #, I just inputted the Application # after my husband linked to GCKey and I put my b-day etc to get on. It's cool. Hope that is not too confusing.
Ok got it! Thanks a lot! I know my UCI # and was able to check the status and I see below:

1. We received your application to sponsor ****** **** ****** on April 19, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on May 24, 2018.
Does that mean they approved me as a Sponsor and they have started working on the application. But, I did not get any email from them...

Reactions: Ayat

Ayat

Star Member
May 20, 2018
AOR Received.
12-04-2018
File Transfer...
01-06-2018
Med's Request
23-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-12-2018
Ok got it! Thanks a lot! I know my UCI # and was able to check the status and I see below:

1. We received your application to sponsor ****** **** ****** on April 19, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on May 24, 2018.
Does that mean they approved me as a Sponsor and they have started working on the application. But, I did not get any email from them...
Is this when you log in as yourself or as the PA? Because when I log in with my husband (PA)'s info, the second line is not there. But when I log in for myself, that line is there and very soon I got 'Decision Made'. Which I presume meant I was approved as a sponsor.
Does the status say "In Process"? If so, I think you could probably make a GCKey account and link the application!

Ayat

Star Member
May 20, 2018
AOR Received.
12-04-2018
File Transfer...
01-06-2018
Med's Request
23-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-12-2018
Is this when you log in as yourself or as the PA? Because when I log in with my husband (PA)'s info, the second line is not there. But when I log in for myself, that line is there and very soon I got 'Decision Made'. Which I presume meant I was approved as a sponsor.
Does the status say "In Process"? If so, I think you could probably make a GCKey account and link the application!
Sorry clearly you logged in as yourself! Very soon I think your status should change to Decision Made and that will indicate SA. :)

psingh23

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
Actually, I logged in as Sponsor. I am a naturali
Sorry clearly you logged in as yourself! Very soon I think your status should change to Decision Made and that will indicate SA. :)
Yea, I was just about to write that I logged in myself (as a Sponsor) using my UCI # when I had applied for my citizenship a few years ago. Does this mean all the documents are in good order and nothing is missing?? I heard sometimes they return the entire application if something is missing...

Ayat

Star Member
May 20, 2018
AOR Received.
12-04-2018
File Transfer...
01-06-2018
Med's Request
23-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-12-2018
Actually, I logged in as Sponsor. I am a naturali

Yea, I was just about to write that I logged in myself (as a Sponsor) using my UCI # when I had applied for my citizenship a few years ago. Does this mean all the documents are in good order and nothing is missing?? I heard sometimes they return the entire application if something is missing...
Once you link your application to GCKey, you can kind of get more detailed info. They have a little status thing that says whether they need additional docs or not but possibly that changes through the process. But I highly suggest you do that asap so you can get the medical request.

psingh23

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
Once you link your application to GCKey, you can kind of get more detailed info. They have a little status thing that says whether they need additional docs or not but possibly that changes through the process. But I highly suggest you do that asap so you can get the medical request.
Yea, I tried again linking the application. My wife (Principal Applicant) logged in her GCKey account and entered all the info but she got the below message:

"Based on the information you entered, we found no applications."

Should I (Sponsor) create my own account and link the application??

Ayat

Star Member
May 20, 2018
AOR Received.
12-04-2018
File Transfer...
01-06-2018
Med's Request
23-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-12-2018
Yea, I tried again linking the application. My wife (Principal Applicant) logged in her GCKey account and entered all the info but she got the below message:

"Based on the information you entered, we found no applications."

Should I (Sponsor) create my own account and link the application??
Yes, why not!

Ayat

Star Member
May 20, 2018
AOR Received.
12-04-2018
File Transfer...
01-06-2018
Med's Request
23-05-2018
Med's Done....
23-12-2018
I think even she can just make a new account and try.