+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****APRIL 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Alien333

Mar 12, 2019
Hello , i dont no nothing about sides , it was only one side and its me .. im from Montreal
- application received 22 apr 2018
-sent medical instructions Oct 9
- medical received oct 20
-we started processing you app Dec 19
- AIP received 11 Feb
- decision made 13 March

Reactions: MinMin13

AK220

Star Member
Jan 25, 2019
Just now I called them. Agent told me ‘oh I don’t know why it’s taking time for you, normally should have gotten AIP or SA by now’.

Today I’m really annoyed
Same, I called them and they said criminality check is still in progress.
They said total background check takes up to 4 months.
I’m so frustrated with all delays

MinMin13

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
Its 3 months before you receive the SA and 1 month after that to receive the AIP , i mean after the medicals are received
I dont get what you mean. I just have 21 days left and nothing update after they said they started processing my file last december. They receive and I passed my medical exam on the early october. now its already 5 months ):

MinMin13

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
I called them month ago, and asked because it was a long period without any update after I passed my medical. They told me that even though it had not update, but it did not mean they did not do anything with my file o.o
My husband called yesterday, and they said it was processing.
My husband is canadian citizen by birth, and I have a small baby here. I dont know why its taken so long and so hard for me while a lot of people applied on April got their final decision

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same, I called them and they said criminality check is still in progress.
They said total background check takes up to 4 months.
I’m so frustrated with all delays
I don’t understand how come they can’t even send SA or AIP!!!! :(

AK220

Star Member
Jan 25, 2019
I don’t understand how come they can’t even send SA or AIP!!!! :(
Ircc agent on the phone told me it's quite normal that we haven't gotten anything yet.
Nothing is being slow down and everything is still on going.
I just hope all of us will get SA/AIP and DM very soon.

MinMin13

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on April 3, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on December 19, 2018.
  3. We sent you correspondence on May 3, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on September 24, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. Medical results have been received.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Chloe Du

Sep 21, 2017
Hi guys!
I’m April 14 apps and i got my AIP/ SA and DM in Jan 28th until now it is over 6 weeks but nothing yet? Anyone experienced the long wait for landing interview like this ? Also Vancouver office . Thank you

ZahidGani

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Hi guys!
I’m April 14 apps and i got my AIP/ SA and DM in Jan 28th until now it is over 6 weeks but nothing yet? Anyone experienced the long wait for landing interview like this ? Also Vancouver office . Thank you
Almost the exact same timeline, been waiting on Vancouver office since end of Jan as well.

Goforhope

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Hello , i dont no nothing about sides , it was only one side and its me .. im from Montreal
- application received 22 apr 2018
-sent medical instructions Oct 9
- medical received oct 20
-we started processing you app Dec 19
- AIP received 11 Feb
- decision made 13 March
On ECAS, instead of typing your information, choose Application number and type your sponsor information in. But as I see, your application is ok for now. Are you able to log in myCIC?

pavanvulli

Star Member
May 11, 2018
Hi guys I am May 9th applicant, Last I heard from CIC is Oct 4th when I got my medical request, passed medical around the 15th of Oct,
nothing after that no, AIP, no SA, no DM no nothing.
Anyone else is in a similar situation? I called last week the agent said my background check is completed and criminal check is in place, does anyone know how log it takes for criminal check? and when she said background check is completed what all are the part of background checks? I am based in Toronto, and Inland application. Sent to Mississauga .
Ecas says nothing new, we have sent the medical request, and from the sponsor side it says we started processing your application on june 15th received application on May 9th...