kfrench

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Alberta
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
06-06-2018
Anyone else get their OWP this week? I'm hoping I'll be getting mine in the next week or two based off times and whatnot.

kfrench

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Alberta
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
06-06-2018
When did you get your AOR? it seems like the usual wait time for OWP is 2 months after AOR receipt
I got my AOR on June 2nd. Though, for me things might be a tad bit behind because I did have my OWP app sent back to me but, from what I've been told when I called, that OWP are released purely based on when you get your AOR so, the fact that I had to resend my OWP shouldn't effect it too too much.

kfrench

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Alberta
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
06-06-2018
I was finally able to link my OWP application online. And it says that it is an online application. was this the case for everyone else?

niamahmoud

Jul 16, 2018
I was finally able to link my OWP application online. And it says that it is an online application. was this the case for everyone else?
I too had to resend mine mid July and haven't been able to link it either. It says application not available or no match. Figured i should give it more time.

kfrench

Star Member
Oct 22, 2016
Alberta
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
06-06-2018
I too had to resend mine mid July and haven't been able to link it either. It says application not available or no match. Figured i should give it more time.
It kept saying that for me too until today!

And I keep hearing mixed things. People on her seem to think that our OWP will probably come the 2ish months after it was received the second time but when I call, Im told that it all goes based off your original AOR so... Hopefully we get ours soon because god, I need to work so bad. Im going crazy!

Reactions: csarah15

niamahmoud

Jul 16, 2018
It kept saying that for me too until today!

And I keep hearing mixed things. People on her seem to think that our OWP will probably come the 2ish months after it was received the second time but when I call, Im told that it all goes based off your original AOR so... Hopefully we get ours soon because god, I need to work so bad. Im going crazy!
Trust, i feel you!! We shall update each other then!

Christyohhh

Sep 22, 2017
Mississauga, ON
Hello guys, I just need some advice about leaving Canada while inland PR is in process. My husband (sponsor) and I (PA) are planning a 2 week vacation together in March out of Canada and I know it’s risky to do so but I meet all the requirements on the cic website about coming back into Canada. I know my OWP says it’s not a document for re-entry but it’s still a work permit right? Should we just wait it out till I get PR or risk it? Anyone here has experience going in and out of the country while waiting for PR?

Addus

Star Member
Mar 27, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga - Inland
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
01-06-2018
Med's Request
24-09-2018
Med's Done....
25-09-2018
LANDED..........
11-04-2019
Hello guys, I just need some advice about leaving Canada while inland PR is in process. My husband (sponsor) and I (PA) are planning a 2 week vacation together in March out of Canada and I know it’s risky to do so but I meet all the requirements on the cic website about coming back into Canada. I know my OWP says it’s not a document for re-entry but it’s still a work permit right? Should we just wait it out till I get PR or risk it? Anyone here has experience going in and out of the country while waiting for PR?
I've never had a problem reentering with my work permit and eTA. I've done it dozens of times over the last 8 years (with employer specific work permits).
Obviously the risk is if you get turned away your PR application is considered abandoned but in my experience reentering is a breeze.
Depends if you want to take that risk (which is small but does exist).

Reactions: Christyohhh