Inland Spouse PR..Inland Application:
Sent to CIC Mississuaga on May 8th.
Received by CIC on May 9th.
AOR received on June 16th.

Reetypd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hi again everyone
Just looking for some much needed advice.
My application was sent May 1 without tracking via Canada Post. So far I still have not received an AOR.
Should I assume that it’s lost - I’ve seen applications sent as late as May 10th that have received AOR and I’m still waiting.
Getting very worried and upon calling then some days ago they told me they didn’t have it (using my receipt number).
Should I resend it or what would be your suggestion?
Thanks for any help!

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
Hi again everyone
Just looking for some much needed advice.
My application was sent May 1 without tracking via Canada Post. So far I still have not received an AOR.
Should I assume that it’s lost - I’ve seen applications sent as late as May 10th that have received AOR and I’m still waiting.
Getting very worried and upon calling then some days ago they told me they didn’t have it (using my receipt number).
Should I resend it or what would be your suggestion?
Thanks for any help!
Call them again. Some agents don't know anything. Maybe you'll find a better agent next time. Just ask them you wanna confirm if it has been received. I did the same and they confirmed me.

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
hi,

can you help me with procedure on how to link OWP application,
i am May 2018 applicant, received AOR on 12 june, sucessfully linked application except work permit.
For your OWP account, you need to search for the Temporary Resident Visa option, and use your UCI and your family name and find the open work permit through the TRV.

pavanvulli

Star Member
May 11, 2018
For your OWP account, you need to search for the Temporary Resident Visa option, and use your UCI and your family name and find the open work permit through the TRV.
Could you please tell me after getting you AOR for your PR application did you get some sort of Application number even for the work Permit? if now how did you manage to link with Work Permit application?

Reetypd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Call them again. Some agents don't know anything. Maybe you'll find a better agent next time. Just ask them you wanna confirm if it has been received. I did the same and they confirmed me.
Thanks again for your reply.
The agent I spoke with actually asked my receipt number and checked in her “system” and said she didn’t have anything. Of course the system would only say something if my application was opened or at all received.
Calling has been a pain and I haven’t gotten through at all. Such a stressful situation. :(

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
Thanks again for your reply.
The agent I spoke with actually asked my receipt number and checked in her “system” and said she didn’t have anything. Of course the system would only say something if my application was opened or at all received.
Calling has been a pain and I haven’t gotten through at all. Such a stressful situation. :(
Next time give her your client id. That's what I gave

Christyohhh

Sep 22, 2017
Mississauga, ON
Hi guys, I recently just moved to a new place and got my AOR back in May. Should I contact cic to inform them of my change of address or just change my address through their online services?

Reetypd

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Bad news - my application was returned due to my husband (Principal Applicant) birth certificate not being included
The application was sent with an OWP - any chance they still would have accepted the OWP?
That’s another month and half down the drain because of sheer stupidity on my part.

Last edited:

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
Bad news - my application was returned due to my husband (Principal Applicant) birth certificate not being included
The application was sent with an OWP - any chance they still would have accepted the OWP?
That’s another month and half down the drain because of sheer stupidity on my part.
I'm sorry to hear.

Did they return OWP too?