+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****APRIL 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Could you please tell me after getting you AOR for your PR application did you get some sort of Application number even for the work Permit? if now how did you manage to link with Work Permit application?
No emails or file numbers through email for OPW, only when you link your account, it will show there.

Reactions: pavanvulli

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Bad news - my application was returned due to my husband (Principal Applicant) birth certificate not being included
The application was sent with an OWP - any chance they still would have accepted the OWP?
That’s another month and half down the drain because of sheer stupidity on my part.
From my understanding about OPW, without your PR process, they won't do anything about it, because it related.

Reactions: pavanvulli

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Here the step to link the OWP account From @CdnwifeUSwife

TO LINK OPEN WORK PERMIT (This is what I did, hope this works for you too)

Category: Temporary Resident

Sub-category: Work Permit and Extension

➡︎ Use UCI and Family Name

➡︎ Do NOT enter anything in the town/city of birth and Country

Enter Passport Information:

↳ Passport Number

↳ Country of Issue

↳ Issue Date and Expiry Date

Details of intended work in Canada

Type of Work Permit: Open (Initial Application or Extension)

Personal Information:

↳ Current Country of Residence: Canada

↳ Current Marital Status

↳ Which situation applies to the applicant: Applied for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada

Hope this helps.

Reactions: bethanyxvx

mr.gk

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014

Hi Guys,

In case we could secure approval for study permit visa for the spouse, can she join me and start applying for inland sponsorship? I mean, will they extend her visa till the process is completed?
Also, can she get medical insurance during the processing period?
Please note that I'm still out of job but not on welfare.

Thanks.

rsd_sinp

Star Member
Jun 21, 2018
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
April 30, 2018
AOR Received.
July 17, 2018
Med's Request
26-04-2019
Med's Done....
30-04-2019
Hi Guys,

I submitted my inland-paper-based application and NS Visa office received it on April 30, 2018. Until now, I have not receive any email from CIC regarding my AOR/file number.

I just want to ask if there were any changes recently in terms of how they process AOR. Is there anyone here who has the same problem like me?

Thanks

Mischa90

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
Hi, I'm new to the forum... I applied inland and here's my timeline:

Date Received: April 26, 2018
AOR: May 31, 2018.
Started Processing: May 30, 2018

I had a hard time linking my application and OWP but it eventually worked. Oh and is it normal that only my husband (sponsor) received an email from CIC acknowledging they received the application?

Good luck everyone :)

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
Hi, I'm new to the forum... I applied inland and here's my timeline:

Date Received: April 26, 2018
AOR: May 31, 2018.
Started Processing: May 30, 2018

I had a hard time linking my application and OWP but it eventually worked. Oh and is it normal that only my husband (sponsor) received an email from CIC acknowledging they received the application?

Good luck everyone :)
Yes I also had hard time linking OWP.

And yes, only sponsor gets the first email.

Jun 26, 2018
Hey everyone - we sent our package on April 15 and still have not received anything back and we are pretty concerned. Please let me know if any of you are still waiting for AOR.

Thanks everyone.

Chelsea

Addus

Star Member
Mar 27, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga - Inland
App. Filed.......
27-04-2018
AOR Received.
01-06-2018
Med's Request
24-09-2018
Med's Done....
25-09-2018
LANDED..........
11-04-2019
Hey everyone - we sent our package on April 15 and still have not received anything back and we are pretty concerned. Please let me know if any of you are still waiting for AOR.

Thanks everyone.

Chelsea
My app was received April 27th and I received AOR on June 1st (27 days ago) so I'd say if you haven't received anything back by now it's time to give them a call.

Jun 26, 2018
My app was received April 27th and I received AOR on June 1st (27 days ago) so I'd say if you haven't received anything back by now it's time to give them a call.
Thanks for the reply ! I called them yesterday and they told me they had received it and were processing it and the AOR was supposed to be sent but for some reason it didn’t send. Hey said they would send the AOR but we still haven’t received that !

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Thanks for the reply ! I called them yesterday and they told me they had received it and were processing it and the AOR was supposed to be sent but for some reason it didn’t send. Hey said they would send the AOR but we still haven’t received that !
At the moment, for any in-land case, it's freaking slow for some reason. No one know why.