+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****APRIL 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
Yes 100% sure

We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided have been uploaded. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
When did you provide the additional documents ?

Ti.perez

May 5, 2018
I'm an April 10th applicant, and I still haven't got anything yet!
They gave me such a hard time saying that I had to prove AGAIN, with an updated letter from the army, stating that I was really NOT in the military service... ( they didn't belive me I guess) Haha
It's just impossible to figure things out, I believe that every single agent has a different way to work through the applications!
I'm stuck at the background check for awhile because of that, the rest seems to be ok!
Crazyyyyy and endless wait :/

Linda_s74

Aug 1, 2018
I finally landed!
Date Received: April 30, 2018
AOR: June 2, 2018
OWP returned: June 28, 2018 (missing payment)
OWP resent/received (2nd time): July 3, 2018
OWP linked: August 17, 2018
Medical Exam Req: Sept 24, 2018
Medical Exam: Oct 11, 2018
Medical Exam Passed: Nov 7, 2018
Background check started: Jan 16, 2019
Eligibility Passed: Feb 06, 2019
OWP Recieved: Feb 18th, 2019

Landed Feb 27, 2019 (Calgary office)
Applicant from USA
Congrats!!
Out of curiosity, when does your ecas say that they started processing your app on PA side?

S2111S

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
I finally landed!
Date Received: April 30, 2018
AOR: June 2, 2018
OWP returned: June 28, 2018 (missing payment)
OWP resent/received (2nd time): July 3, 2018
OWP linked: August 17, 2018
Medical Exam Req: Sept 24, 2018
Medical Exam: Oct 11, 2018
Medical Exam Passed: Nov 7, 2018
Background check started: Jan 16, 2019
Eligibility Passed: Feb 06, 2019
OWP Recieved: Feb 18th, 2019

Landed Feb 27, 2019 (Calgary office)
Applicant from USA
Congrats !

Just one question how come it took almost a month for your Medical to pass after doing the Medical ? Usually it takes 1-2 weeks after Medical is done. Did u have to get some additional Tests ?

pavanvulli

Star Member
May 11, 2018
Mine 3 weeks already, nothing.....(((([/QUOTE
I thought you would have got your COPR by now....I am May 9th still nothing after medicals, Ecas still says In Process background checks started 4th Oct Medicals passed 15th Oct...Gckey still says background checks in process and the review of the eligibility has not started yet. Don't know how much longer I have to wait......Anybody else stuck in similar situation? Any April candidates still not received AIP, SA,?

AK220

Star Member
Jan 25, 2019
They just asked a bunch of questions about my partner (and did the same to him about me) asking where he worked, where he was at the time of the call, where I was, where we lived before, when we first met, if I have met his family etc. basically just confirming all things that were in the application. It took us both about 10 minutes.
I finally talked to IRCC agent through the phone , It was just normal convos and she was just verified basic informations on our application such as how much we know about each other and how we met and etc.
And then, she said everything is good and wish us luck.
Is it good sign tho?
So what's the next step?

Reactions: Sharukh khan

Goforhope

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
I finally talked to IRCC agent through the phone , It was just normal convos and she was just verified basic informations on our application such as how much we know about each other and how we met and etc.
And then, she said everything is good and wish us luck.
Is it good sign tho?
So what's the next step?
May I ask how do you know they will call you?

AK220

Star Member
Jan 25, 2019
May I ask how do you know they will call you?
They randomly pick some sponsors and applicants up and call them.
I think It’s kind of their new strategy in order to process applications faster, whenever they call people the agent will say he/she is IRCC agent and he/she would like to check some details about applications over the phone.
It’s just a random event, I think.

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018
They randomly pick some sponsors and applicants up and call them.
I think It’s kind of their new strategy in order to process applications faster, whenever they call people the agent will say he/she is IRCC agent and he/she would like to check some details about applications over the phone.
It’s just a random event, I think.
I don't think they are randomly called people, what they called this meaning phone interview, I believe that they want to confirm what you submitted.

AK220

Star Member
Jan 25, 2019
I don't think they are randomly called people, what they called this meaning phone interview, I believe that they want to confirm what you submitted.
What’s that mean???
So is it phone interview??
But people normally don’t get phone calls from IRCC tho, Have you?

Last edited: