+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****APRIL 2018*** INLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Goforhope

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
On October 9th.
My medical was Oct 11. No need to worry as some ppl their background check status never changed until the decision. Just check your ECAS for more update. Did you get" We started processing your application on Dec 18(19,29,21) on ECAS?

cosmicL

May 25, 2018
My medical was Oct 11. No need to worry as some ppl their background check status never changed until the decision. Just check your ECAS for more update. Did you get" We started processing your application on Dec 18(19,29,21) on ECAS?
Still nothing on ECAS, as the last entry is also passing on medical.

That's ok, I know everything is still more or less on schedule - it's just the anxiety to want things to be finished quickly, and also let other people that are on a similar situation know they are not alone hehe. Thanks :)

Reactions: kidmah

kidmah

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Still nothing on ECAS, as the last entry is also passing on medical.

That's ok, I know everything is still more or less on schedule - it's just the anxiety to want things to be finished quickly, and also let other people that are on a similar situation know they are not alone hehe. Thanks :)
Good luck :)

Chloe Du

Sep 21, 2017
Hi! I'm April 11 app and on ESAS said " We started processing your application on Dec 19" .However i checked Mycic everyday but the BG check was still on "not applicable" . I'm a bit worry honestly T_T

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
Hi! I'm April 11 app and on ESAS said " We started processing your application on Dec 19" .However i checked Mycic everyday but the BG check was still on "not applicable" . I'm a bit worry honestly T_T
There are many of April applicants with the same thing. I wouldn't worry yet.
April 13 applicant here. Same info as u

Reactions: Chloe Du

cole1

May 28, 2018
I second what Missrebel801 said; I don't believe there is anything to worry about. I am an April 6 applicant and have the same status ("not applicable"). I've seen it said on this forum that some people's background check status never chances from "not applicable" and they go straight to getting their Approved in Principle (AIP).

We are still well inside the 12 month processing time quoted on the IRCC website. Try to relax and take your mind off it. Nothing we can do to speed it up...it will take how long it takes. Just remember; we are nearing the end of the process not at the beginning!

Missrebel801

Sep 27, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-04-2018
AOR Received.
8-05-2018
Med's Request
03-10-2018
Med's Done....
17-10-2018
I second what Missrebel801 said; I don't believe there is anything to worry about. I am an April 6 applicant and have the same status ("not applicable"). I've seen it said on this forum that some people's background check status never chances from "not applicable" and they go straight to getting their Approved in Principle (AIP).

We are still well inside the 12 month processing time quoted on the IRCC website. Try to relax and take your mind off it. Nothing we can do to speed it up...it will take how long it takes. Just remember; we are nearing the end of the process not at the beginning!
Can i ask if for urs, the 1st line...review of eligibility has changed? Mine still says application in progress. We will message u when we start reviewing eligibility.

Reactions: cole1

Katerina9

Nov 9, 2018
Hi there,

I am Apr13 applicant. I do have MyCIC account throgh my representative which shows ‘BG check is in progress’ since last week.
I am unable to access ECAS though. I tried everything, by Case number, by UCI, different variations of last names - my hysband’s- sponsor and mine- applicant. It doesn’t find neither of the profiles.
So in order to check for updates i need to contact my representative every so often which believe me it is pain in the ass.

Any ideas why we don’t have ECAS profiles?

Torablack

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi there,

I am Apr13 applicant. I do have MyCIC account throgh my representative which shows ‘BG check is in progress’ since last week.
I am unable to access ECAS though. I tried everything, by Case number, by UCI, different variations of last names - my hysband’s- sponsor and mine- applicant. It doesn’t find neither of the profiles.
So in order to check for updates i need to contact my representative every so often which believe me it is pain in the ass.

I also gone through the lawyer route in which they gave me the "application" number which begins with "F" then 9 numbers following and can log in successfully. However, the other option as mention to call in the automated number to get an update which is GCKey without dates listed for the latest update.

cole1

May 28, 2018
Hi there,

I can access ECAS using
Identification Type: Application Number / Case Number
Identification Number: The "application number" from the MyCIC account. Mine starts with F000
Surname/Family name: The surname of the sponsor (my wife)
Date of birth: Her dob
Place of birth: Her place of birth (Canada)

If you use those same settings, does it work for you?

cole1

May 28, 2018
Can i ask if for urs, the 1st line...review of eligibility has changed? Mine still says application in progress. We will message u when we start reviewing eligibility.
Mine is the same as yours. "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility."

Katerina9

Nov 9, 2018
I can access ECAS using
Identification Type: Application Number / Case Number
Identification Number: The "application number" from the MyCIC account. Mine starts with F000
Surname/Family name: The surname of the sponsor (my wife)
Date of birth: Her dob
Place of birth: Her place of birth (Canada)

If you use those same settings, does it work for you?
No, it did not.