+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 citizenship applicants

rehman_naveed

Mar 23, 2018
Please advice me whether to give celipp as I submitted my ielts test result with my PR card application. Now I don't have proof of English to submit with citizenship application. I am a Dr and can I attach MBBS certificate from pakistan
Thanks

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Please advice me whether to give celipp as I submitted my ielts test result with my PR card application. Now I don't have proof of English to submit with citizenship application. I am a Dr and can I attach MBBS certificate from pakistan
Thanks
If the MBBS certificate is written in English then it meets the requirements for proof of English knowledge. If it does not you should get a letter from the school that indicates the language of instruction was English:
  • A degree, diploma, certificate or official transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program showing you studied in English or French, in Canada or abroad.
  • If the original document is in a different language, include:
    • a letter from the school showing that the language of instruction was in English or French along with
    • an official translation of the original document and
    • the address and contact information (phone number) of the education institution
(from https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#language)

If your certificate is not in English, and if that letter and possibly translations are difficult to get then it maybe faster (and cheaper) to take an IELTS or CELPIP test (someone else on the forum recommended to take the CELPIP-General LS, as that only tests listening and speaking... so it's a bit cheaper).

IRCC does accept an expired language test if it was used for immigration purposes, but I take it you do not have a scan or photocopy of the test result. I don't know if they would accept a letter explaining you submitted the IELTS result with your PR application (as they should have that on file). Hopefully someone else on the forum has been in that situation and can chime in.

rehman_naveed

Mar 23, 2018
If the MBBS certificate is written in English then it meets the requirements for proof of English knowledge. If it does not you should get a letter from the school that indicates the language of instruction was English:
  • A degree, diploma, certificate or official transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program showing you studied in English or French, in Canada or abroad.
  • If the original document is in a different language, include:
    • a letter from the school showing that the language of instruction was in English or French along with
    • an official translation of the original document and
    • the address and contact information (phone number) of the education institution
(from https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#language)

If your certificate is not in English, and if that letter and possibly translations are difficult to get then it maybe faster (and cheaper) to take an IELTS or CELPIP test (someone else on the forum recommended to take the CELPIP-General LS, as that only tests listening and speaking... so it's a bit cheaper).

IRCC does accept an expired language test if it was used for immigration purposes, but I take it you do not have a scan or photocopy of the test result. I don't know if they would accept a letter explaining you submitted the IELTS result with your PR application (as they should have that on file). Hopefully someone else on the forum has been in that situation and can chime in.
Thank you so much for detailed reply. Yes my certificate is English and as such I meet then requirements for language and I will also attach transcript mentions English as medium of instruction
Thank you so much

Farah85

Nov 10, 2018
Hello everyone,
This is my timeline

Send application, April, 3rd
AOR April, 30th
IP june 26
Test invitation September 19
Test day October 3 passed

Nothing yet
I have been waiting for DM but nothing has changed