+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

ChinaB

Apr 1, 2018
I am on the same boat I applied in April 2018 from woodbridge which is close to where you are I am still waiting for the invite to do the test I talk to my MP but he is saying that i should wait until april

I haven’t received my test date either I got my AOR in April 2018.... applying from toronto..

fzy951113

Dec 6, 2017
I haven’t received my test date either I got my AOR in April 2018.... applying from toronto..
You are within the normal range. There are people who applied back in 2017 and still waiting. You should be expecting a Test Inivte some time around March-April.

Reactions: ChinaB

canvan14

May 8, 2014
Hi Folks,
I just happen to check my ECAS today and found the statement below:
" We sent you a notice on January 24, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 11, 2019 at XXX PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us."

We have not received any email or notice via mail , Should I contact them now ? Does anyone else have the same issue ? Kindly advice.
Hi, I encountered the exact same situation as you a couple weeks ago. They sent postal mail and it arrived exactly 1 week before my ceremony. At first I was nervous so I called them to get the location. The agent advised me it is fine to go without the letter, the only extra form you have to sign is the media release form. She sent me a list of documents to bring where oath letter is listed as if available. She told me to print my ECAS status if it makes me feel less stressful :)
At my ceremony there was someone without the oath letter and after he informed them, they were fine with it.
Just make sure you get the location from the agent and reconfirm the date and time, you should be fine. In the mean time, keep checking your mail box.
Have a great time there like I did!

Reactions: macwhitby

ChinaB

Apr 1, 2018
You are within the normal range. There are people who applied back in 2017 and still waiting. You should be expecting a Test Inivte some time around March-April.

Ok that’s good to know .... :/ i guess i should apply for PR renewal. Uhhhh just in case :/

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
Hi, I encountered the exact same situation as you a couple weeks ago. They sent postal mail and it arrived exactly 1 week before my ceremony. At first I was nervous so I called them to get the location. The agent advised me it is fine to go without the letter, the only extra form you have to sign is the media release form. She sent me a list of documents to bring where oath letter is listed as if available. She told me to print my ECAS status if it makes me feel less stressful :)
At my ceremony there was someone without the oath letter and after he informed them, they were fine with it.
Just make sure you get the location from the agent and reconfirm the date and time, you should be fine. In the mean time, keep checking your mail box.
Have a great time there like I did!
Thanks a lot mate !

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
@Libu : Kindly update the tracker when you have a moment.
Oath invitation: January 24, 2019
Citizenship ceremony:February 11, 2019
Me and my wife pass citizenship test: 20/20 :)

Thank you all for your help and support. May God bless you all.
Love & Prayers,

Last edited:
Reactions: Libu

Mercadojessie

May 18, 2018
Hi Folks,
I just happen to check my ECAS today and found the statement below:
" We sent you a notice on January 24, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 11, 2019 at XXX PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us."
So even they already updated your ecas to DM they will still put there an update regarding the oath invite?

We have not received any email or notice via mail , Should I contact them now ? Does anyone else have the same issue ? Kindly advice.

Ab22

Oct 31, 2018
Hi Libu,
Please update my status. The journey as Permanent resident ended on Tuesday 29 January 2019 as I swore the oath of citizenship.

I will to encourage everyone whose case has been quiet to hang on you are closer than you think. During the ceremony it was mentioned that only 20 officers are handling all Edmonton (Alberta) case and over 17000 cases was treated last year alone (guessing those guys are working very hard) i can imagine the numbers of applicants from the likes of Brampton, Calgary etc.

Keep the faith up and thank you everyone for all your suggestions and experiences

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
Hey ! I just received my Oath invitation today. It is scheduled for 13th February. Please update the tracker! @Libu
Will come back to report on how it went.

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
@robinhood_1984
Have you received your passport yet? :)
Not yet. But I only went to the passport office last Friday (25th) and they said it'd be about two weeks. I'm eagerly awaiting its arrival though. In many ways, having the passport in my hand will feel like the symbolic end of journey, rather than the oath and citizenship certificate.