+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

Alanvh20181

Oct 31, 2018
on the same boat ( Kitchener office) they are just too slow. I see one applicant got Test invite Jan 24, 19, and her/his IP is in March 2018 !!!
We'll be lucky if we get something by April 2019, I guess. I spoke to them some time ago and they said that if it passes 12 months, I should call them and inquire about my app.

bucajack

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
Test done today in Scarborough. Both my wife and I passed. 20/20 and 18/20.

My wife's test seemed to be much harder than mine.

We were interviewed together. Our officer had a very close look at our passports and checked a lot of stamps against our absence calculator.

She didn't give us much info other than saying they have until April to call us for the oath. Interestingly she said that they don't normally schedule tests and interviews on the weekends and that they were working overtime so perhaps they are trying to clear backlog.

Now just waiting to see if ECAS gets updated to DM and wait for oath!!

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018

We were interviewed together. Our officer had a very close look at our passports and checked a lot of stamps against our absence calculator.

She didn't give us much info other than saying they have until April to call us for the oath. Interestingly she said that they don't normally schedule tests and interviews on the weekends and that they were working overtime so perhaps they are trying to clear backlog.

Good luck for a prompt DM!

I had assumed that everyone doing the test at the same time, did the same test so its interesting that you and your wife did different tests.

Vesimsyd

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018

Congratulations to both of you !!

Reactions: bucajack

etha4u

Oct 29, 2010
Visa Office......
SGVO-PER received
NOC Code......
FSW13-2147
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-06-2013
AOR Received.
11-09-2013
File Transfer...
PER:26-08-2013
Good luck for a prompt DM!

I had assumed that everyone doing the test at the same time, did the same test so its interesting that you and your wife did different tests.

Cic has 7 set tests and they used all sets in my exam time. So it can happen that the questions are not at all same for both of them.

Reactions: robinhood_1984

Uranus

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
We'll be lucky if we get something by April 2019, I guess. I spoke to them some time ago and they said that if it passes 12 months, I should call them and inquire about my app.
Good to know.
Hope this office won’t pass the one year processing time then. Btw. I called cic as well, been told my file is all fine/ no further docs request and is with Kitchener office. No choice but have to wait for now. Lol

Uranus

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
Hey! Does anyone know if the 12 months processing timeline - is it from the time AOR or In Process ? Thanks !!

bucajack

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
Hey! Does anyone know if the 12 months processing timeline - is it from the time AOR or In Process ? Thanks !!
My application was delivered on April 11th and my AOR came on May 15th. The officer told me during my interview that they had until April to call us for the oath so I think it's 12 months from the date they get it .

Uranus

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
My application was delivered on April 11th and my AOR came on May 15th. The officer told me during my interview that they had until April to call us for the oath so I think it's 12 months from the date they get it .
Very helpful. Appreciated.

etha4u

Oct 29, 2010
Visa Office......
SGVO-PER received
NOC Code......
FSW13-2147
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-06-2013
AOR Received.
11-09-2013
File Transfer...
PER:26-08-2013
Please update:
I receive this notice while checking ECaS:
We sent you a notice on January 12, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 2, 2019.
But I dont see any email from them yet. Aomeone said they were working saturday to take exam. Is it normal to get update in ecas and receive the email letter?

paul84

Mar 8, 2015
Please update:
I receive this notice while checking ECaS:
We sent you a notice on January 12, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on February 2, 2019.
But I dont see any email from them yet. Aomeone said they were working saturday to take exam. Is it normal to get update in ecas and receive the email letter?
I received exactly the same message but no emails yet. These email are probably system auto triggered. It's ok to wait till Monday. Nothing to worry.

Reactions: etha4u

paul84

Mar 8, 2015
Hi Admin,

Can you please update the following in the spreadsheet. Thanks!

Citizenship Application::
ID: paul84
Application Sent: April 13, 2018
Application Received: April 20, 2018
AOR: June 6, 2018
In Process: July 23, 2018
Test Letter Invite: August 08, 2018
Test /Interview Date: September 07, 2018
DM: September 08, 2018
Oath Invite: January 12, 2019
Oath Ceremony: February 02, 2019

Reactions: Libu