20-04-2015
Interview........
DM: 21-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 17-12-2015
LANDED..........
03-01-2016
Hi there, everyone!

I've been unable to log into my ECAS ever since I took my Citizenship Test, so I'm not sure when I received DM, but, I just got an email from CIC showing my Citizenship Ceremony date as February 7th. :) Can you please update the spreadsheet?

Thanks!

Reactions: Libu and bucajack

bucajack

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
Quick question for anyone who has done the interview already. I submitted my original IELTS results during my PR application a few years ago and never got them back from IRCC. I took a copy of them before sending and sent a copy of that to IRCC with my application. Will that be a problem as I know they want an original with you at the interview? I am a fluent English speaker as I grew up in Ireland so the officer will be able to tell that as soon as they speak to me!

nurgazik

Oct 9, 2018
Quick question for anyone who has done the interview already. I submitted my original IELTS results during my PR application a few years ago and never got them back from IRCC. I took a copy of them before sending and sent a copy of that to IRCC with my application. Will that be a problem as I know they want an original with you at the interview? I am a fluent English speaker as I grew up in Ireland so the officer will be able to tell that as soon as they speak to me!
I believe IELTS certificate has an expiry date of 2 years from the moment you have taken it?

bucajack

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
I believe IELTS certificate has an expiry date of 2 years from the moment you have taken it?
You can use an expired results certificate if you have already used those results in the past for immigration purposes.

Results from a third-party language test

Your language test result must be equal to the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB/NCLC)/Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens level 4 or higher in speaking and listening. If you did the test in the past for immigration or citizenship purposes, we will accept the results even if it has expired.

hm42

Aug 14, 2014
Hi, My stats were entered with wrong date.
Test Invite date should be January 7, 2019 instead of December 7, 2018
Test Date should be Feb 4, 2019 instead of Feb 7, 2018

Reactions: Libu

nurgazik

Oct 9, 2018
You can use an expired results certificate if you have already used those results in the past for immigration purposes.

Results from a third-party language test

Your language test result must be equal to the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB/NCLC)/Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens level 4 or higher in speaking and listening. If you did the test in the past for immigration or citizenship purposes, we will accept the results even if it has expired.
Cool, didn't know that! Good info

Reactions: bucajack

Welshdazza86

Star Member
Apr 16, 2018
Is there an email available to request feedback on the status of your application?

I understand they are busy but I've noticed some users sent their app after me and have made more progress

Ocanada19

Jan 4, 2019
I've been doing some practice tests and one question has stumped my on v-soul. Wanted to get some opinions. Th equestion and possible answers are:

What does Register of Electors contain?
A. List of Canadian citizens less than 18 years old who are qualified to vote in federal elections and referendums.
B. List of Canadian citizens of more than 18 years who are qualified to vote in federal elections and referendums.
C. Personal information of voters which is given to each political party.
D. List of all Canadian citizens who are qualified to vote in federal elections and referendums.

The correct answer according to v-soul is D.

However, Discover Canada says:

"The voters’ lists used during federal elections and referendums are produced from the National Register of Electors by a neutral agency of Parliament called Elections Canada. This is a permanent database of Canadian citizens 18 years of age or older who are qualified to vote in federal elections and referendums."

Elections Canada says:

Created in 1997, the National Register of Electors is a permanent, continually-updated database of Canadians who are qualified to vote in federal elections and referendums

Who is eligible to vote in the federal election and referendums?

You may vote in this federal election if you:

· are a Canadian citizen

· will be 18 or older on election day

· are registered to vote

Therefore shouldn't the correct answer be B or am I being an idiot?
Lol the correct answer is D not B. Read in between the lines and apply your own wisdom. D is the most accurate answer because it summarized everything Elections Canada had stated.

bucajack

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
Lol the correct answer is D not B. Read in between the lines and apply your own wisdom. D is the most accurate answer because it summarized everything Elections Canada had stated.
I think it's more the wording of the question. B doesn't say 18 years old. It says citizens of more than 18 years. That missing "old" is what threw me off.

Alanvh20181

Oct 31, 2018
Is there an email available to request feedback on the status of your application?

I understand they are busy but I've noticed some users sent their app after me and have made more progress
I've also noticed that there is no activity in the Kitchener/Waterloo area. Bit frustrating as I've seen apps been handed in after my IP date of 27 July 2018 and take the oath already? Could anyone shed some light on this by any chance?

bucajack

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
I've also noticed that there is no activity in the Kitchener/Waterloo area. Bit frustrating as I've seen apps been handed in after my IP date of 27 July 2018 and take the oath already? Could anyone shed some light on this by any chance?
My feeling tells me that your processing time all depends on how long it takes to do your background checks. You may get called for test and interview at any time while they are still doing these checks and then have to wait ages for your Oath. Or maybe they'll call you for the test after the checks are done and the oath comes quickly after that. It's not a first come first serve process at all. Every case is different and the time it takes to process is different.