+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

dashp

Dec 13, 2018
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum. I received an email from citizenship Canada saying "CONGRATULATIONS! You've reached the next step in the Citizenship process. You have an upcoming appointment". it didn't say if that this is a citizenship test. There is an attached file, but it is not clear if this is a test or not, Does anyone received any letter like this before?

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 20, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 1, 2018.
  3. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 17, 2018.
  4. We started processing your application on July 13, 2018.

thanks in advance.

Last edited:

NBUNB

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Outer Space
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
Med's Request
27-05-2015
Med's Done....
01-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-01-2016
Hello folks- had our test and interview on 12th Dec. Test took 5 mins, was quite easy. Interview took about 10 mins- officer was generally cross-checking our visits out of the country (we only had one visit to the US) and biographical data. Our oath is on 19th. Status changed to DM this morning.
You have done your exam on 12th December and you got the oath invitation for 19th Decemebr? That's super fast and I guess you guys are super lucky. Good luck for the oath.

Nitin-Nitin

Oct 23, 2018
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum. I received an email from citizenship Canada saying "CONGRATULATIONS! You've reached the next step in the Citizenship process. You have an upcoming appointment". it didn't say if that this is a citizenship test. There is an attached file, but it is not clear if this is a test or not, Does anyone received any letter like this before?

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 20, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 1, 2018.
  3. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 17, 2018.

thanks in advance.
It's regarding test. Or else if you want you can fill web form and ask IRCC.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

bucajack

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
Hi everyone,

thanks in advance.
Make sure you check the domain in the email address of the sender before opening any attachments or links to be sure it's from IRCC. I find it strange that they said congratulations in the email. Normally they are a lot more formal/official than that.

dashp

Dec 13, 2018
Make sure you check the domain in the email address of the sender before opening any attachments or links to be sure it's from IRCC. I find it strange that they said congratulations in the email. Normally they are a lot more formal/official than that.
Thanks for the heads up, but I am sure it is a legit email address. This is the email address WST-CitizenshipClient-Notification@cic.gc.ca. I find it weird too.

Nepall

Oct 29, 2015
Hi,
Would you please update my info:

ID: Nepall
Test Invite: Oct 15
Test Date: Nov 6
DM: Dec 11th
Waiting for Oath letter

Reactions: Libu

LABEBE

May 7, 2012
Hi,
Would you please update my info:

ID: Nepall
Test Invite: Oct 15
Test Date: Nov 6
DM: Dec 11th
Waiting for Oath letter
Hi Nepali;
What location did you aply from.Is there any reason why test date and DM interval took more than a month

richregina

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
@Libu i would like to ask about your passport experience? I received a canadapost delivery slip and it says on online that it was from Mississauga I dunno if it’s my Canadian Passport or maybe some package. It’s just the same thing like yours ?

niagara2807

Apr 23, 2017
@Libu i would like to ask about your passport experience? I received a canadapost delivery slip and it says on online that it was from Mississauga I dunno if it’s my Canadian Passport or maybe some package. It’s just the same thing like yours ?
This is to just to inform you that I think Libu is on vacation till 1st week of Jan. Of course, if he logs in between that is a different scenario.