+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

Sunshine16

Mar 16, 2018
Hi there,
I sent my application April 14, received April 18, AOR June 30, in process July 4.
I'm in Montreal, single application.

AashNavid

Apr 3, 2018
Hi , i submit my application in last week of April 2018 and since today around about 70 days passed and still i did not receive any update , application acceptance/rejection. Can you please guys , guide me , what i do , where i call or email . thanks

AngusM

Jul 6, 2018
I have asked a similar type of Question before as I wanted to leave Canada and stay in home country for a while. I also talked to 2 immigrant consultants about it.

The Advice I have been given was not to leave Canada for so long, more than one month is considered a long time. And nowadays they may ask more stringent interview questions and might question for the time while is being away for a long time, eg, shown on the passport stamps - exit and entry etc.

Not working in Canada is not a concern but working overseas may show the officers your intention is not to live and work in Canada in the future- especially you left Canada right after Citizenship application and already got employed overseas.

This is just my 2 cents, hope it helps a bit. Well, in the end, they might not question anything with respect to travel records or work etc.

Best of Luck to you and your family. Cheers.
Hi
I also had concerns about leaving and had consultations with immigration people and did some research.

I was told as long as we met the requirements when we sent the application it would not be a problem.

The CIC website also states you can leave Canada after you've applied.

Hopefully I've not been mislead!

Maybe someone with similar experiences could confirm this ?

RKN86

Jul 3, 2018
Hi , i submit my application in last week of April 2018 and since today around about 70 days passed and still i did not receive any update , application acceptance/rejection. Can you please guys , guide me , what i do , where i call or email . thanks
You might want to check your application status online. It should have an update on there for anything.

canadabest4

Jul 6, 2018
Hi I am filling up my forms ,not yet submitted them.Howerever I have come across the section where I should enter all the names of places I worked, along with phone numbers and email id.im confused as I don't really know one of my past employers email I'd..what should I do ???

Pukoe

Apr 10, 2018
Please update our dates,
id: pukoe
App.Type: Family of 3
Physical Presence Days: 1121
App Sent: Apr 05, 2018
App Recd: Apr 10, 2018
AOR: May 11, 2018
In Process: June 21, 2018
Test Invite:
Test date:
Decision Made ECAS:
Oath Letter:
Oath Date:

Libu

Jun 5, 2015
Ottawa
Please update our dates,
id: pukoe
App.Type: Family of 3
Physical Presence Days: 1121
App Sent: Apr 05, 2018
App Recd: Apr 10, 2018
AOR: May 11, 2018
In Process: June 21, 2018
Test Invite:
Test date:
Decision Made ECAS:
Oath Letter:
Oath Date:
Congrats!! Updated:)

oomuchi

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
RPRF's Request :30-11-2015
Nomination.....
T4/NoA 2015 :Upfront end of July
AOR Received.
16-02-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
March 2015 to Ottawa
Med's Request
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
04-12-2015
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
14-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-12-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016

Tygabolu

May 23, 2018
Hi guys - my application has changed to In process as of July 7th. Please update the spreadsheet at your convenience :) Awesome, so excited:)

hamoonExpressEntry

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
21-09-2015
Hi
I also had concerns about leaving and had consultations with immigration people and did some research.

I was told as long as we met the requirements when we sent the application it would not be a problem.

The CIC website also states you can leave Canada after you've applied.

Hopefully I've not been mislead!

Maybe someone with similar experiences could confirm this ?
Of course you can leave Canada. One of the most important things in bill c6 was that we no longer need to prove intent to live in Canada.

hamoonExpressEntry

Jan 23, 2015
Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
21-09-2015
I have asked a similar type of Question before as I wanted to leave Canada and stay in home country for a while. I also talked to 2 immigrant consultants about it.

The Advice I have been given was not to leave Canada for so long, more than one month is considered a long time. And nowadays they may ask more stringent interview questions and might question for the time while is being away for a long time, eg, shown on the passport stamps - exit and entry etc.

Not working in Canada is not a concern but working overseas may show the officers your intention is not to live and work in Canada in the future- especially you left Canada right after Citizenship application and already got employed overseas.

This is just my 2 cents, hope it helps a bit. Well, in the end, they might not question anything with respect to travel records or work etc.

Best of Luck to you and your family. Cheers.
Hi Uranus,

I am extremely worried now that I read your post. I know for a fact that due to bill c6 we no longer need to prove intent to live in Canada. Could you please explain where are you getting your information?