AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Application returned back on the 22nd June. I had not submitted the printed copy of the online payment receipt with it. All, please make sure you do submit it with the rest of the documents. Application re-submitted today. Could the spreadsheet please be updated?
Thank you in advance.
Hi Mirage2000,
While you re submitted your application did you add the letter from IRCC sent you. Also have you added any explanation letter or just included the printed copy of the online payment receipt.
Thank you

Nanshi

Jul 5, 2018
Hello all,

I mailed out my citizenship application on April 30th 2018 and did not receive any acknowledge email till date. I did not track the mail(not happy about it).

Is there anyway to find out if they actually received it???

Also should I send another copy just in case...if yes how long do I wait before mailing another one out???

Help much appreciated...and thanks in advance

Libu

Jun 5, 2015
Ottawa
After receiving my AOR, I checked the status of my application on ECAS and it has the following info...
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 12, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 22, 2018.
  3. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 23, 2018.

After one week of not receiving the booklet by mail, I contacted the CIC call center get informed about the delay... the agent informed me the hardcopy booklets are not available anymore for free for environment cause and advised to follow the link mentioned on the AOR. However, ordering a hardcopy booklet remain an option but with a cost... I am just saying what I've been told... !!!
I ordered a free copy of the Discover Canada Manual using the below link.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals.html

Click on Discover Canada -->Click on Order --> Order a publication --> Click on Citizenship on left side menu --> Add a Quantity of 1 for Discover Canada --> Add to Cart --> Add shipping Information.

Hope this helps :)

Mirage2000

May 15, 2018
Hi Mirage2000,
While you re submitted your application did you add the letter from IRCC sent you. Also have you added any explanation letter or just included the printed copy of the online payment receipt.
Thank you
Hi. I did include the letters for me and my wife. They were identical and stapled to both our applications. I attached a copy of the online receipt along with a covering letter apologising for omitting that document and reminding them they acknowledged receipt of the application on the 11th May. Hopefully that will not be pushing us back in the queue too much...

Uranus

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
Reactions: Libu

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Hi. I did include the letters for me and my wife. They were identical and stapled to both our applications. I attached a copy of the online receipt along with a covering letter apologising for omitting that document and reminding them they acknowledged receipt of the application on the 11th May. Hopefully that will not be pushing us back in the queue too much...
Thanks for reply. Helpful

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Hello all,

I mailed out my citizenship application on April 30th 2018 and did not receive any acknowledge email till date. I did not track the mail(not happy about it).

Also should I send another copy just in case...if yes how long do I wait before mailing another one out???

Some people waited over 100 days to get their AOR. If you sent it to the right address, you should be fine.

chaitanyaprsd1

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mine was delivered on April 23 and I received the AOR just 2 days ago. You will receive your AOR very soon, hopefully in a week. There isn’t any need for you to send another copy for nothing.

Hello all,

Anthony961

Apr 11, 2018
Reactions: Libu

AngusM

Jul 6, 2018
Hi there , new to forum.

Citizenship appiapplicns for my wife and I sent April 27th.

A.O.R received by email May 29th.

We are actually back in U.K working and plan to travel back for test /oath.

The only thing I'm concerned about is being asked about work etc during interview.

My position in Calgary is open for me on return and we have our home still.
Two Canadian born children.

Thanks

Uranus

Star Member
Aug 28, 2015
Hi there , new to forum.

Citizenship appiapplicns for my wife and I sent April 27th.

A.O.R received by email May 29th.

We are actually back in U.K working and plan to travel back for test /oath.

The only thing I'm concerned about is being asked about work etc during interview.

My position in Calgary is open for me on return and we have our home still.
Two Canadian born children.

Thanks
I have asked a similar type of Question before as I wanted to leave Canada and stay in home country for a while. I also talked to 2 immigrant consultants about it.

The Advice I have been given was not to leave Canada for so long, more than one month is considered a long time. And nowadays they may ask more stringent interview questions and might question for the time while is being away for a long time, eg, shown on the passport stamps - exit and entry etc.

Not working in Canada is not a concern but working overseas may show the officers your intention is not to live and work in Canada in the future- especially you left Canada right after Citizenship application and already got employed overseas.

This is just my 2 cents, hope it helps a bit. Well, in the end, they might not question anything with respect to travel records or work etc.

Best of Luck to you and your family. Cheers.

bucajack

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
They don't send anything by regular mail anymore unless you stated otherwise... check the email you mentioned in the application!!!
No booklets too... you have to download it from the CIC page unless you want to buy it (60$).
Not true. You can order a printed copy of the study guide and it's completely free.