+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

naaas

Jan 14, 2016
ecas is activated as "received", but not in process yet.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 24, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 26, 2018.

RKN86

Jul 3, 2018
Hi everyone,

I applied for an application for my mom..

It was sent in April and I checked online and it says the application was received and that on June 11th they sent a correspondence of receipt and the booklet to study.

However, she didn't receive anything via mail. We can't remember if she provided an email. Was it lost in transit? The address we provided is correct as she had applied for a "Search" paper and it arrived in the mail. Do we just keep checking online for the status of the application? Will they send anything in the mail?

Thanks in advance!

Anthony961

Apr 11, 2018
Hi everyone,

It was sent in April and I checked online and it says the application was received and that on June 11th they sent a correspondence of receipt and the booklet to study.

However, she didn't receive anything via mail. We can't remember if she provided an email. Was it lost in transit? The address we provided is correct as she had applied for a "Search" paper and it arrived in the mail. Do we just keep checking online for the status of the application? Will they send anything in the mail?

Thanks in advance!
They don't send anything by regular mail anymore unless you stated otherwise... check the email you mentioned in the application!!!
No booklets too... you have to download it from the CIC page unless you want to buy it (60$).

RKN86

Jul 3, 2018
They don't send anything by regular mail anymore unless you stated otherwise... check the email you mentioned in the application!!!
No booklets too... you have to download it from the CIC page unless you want to buy it (60$).

I don't believe we provided an email as a way of contacting her. Does this mean we just check for information/status online regularly?

Thank you!

Libu

Jun 5, 2015
Ottawa
Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance!
You can order a free physical copy of Discover Canada Manual from the below link, this may take upto 2 weeks to be delivered.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals.html

Reactions: Welshdazza86

RKN86

Jul 3, 2018

fruitball4u

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-06-2015
File Transfer...
31-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Interview........
DM: 21-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 17-12-2015
LANDED..........
03-01-2016
Received my AOR today - what a nice 4th of July treat! Please update the spreadsheet :)

Also, I tried logging in to ECAS with my application number but it said they couldn’t locate me. (I received an email from IRCC dates today’s date saying that they were acknowledging the receipt of my application) - does anyone know if there’s just a delay between email and ECAS being updated?

Reactions: Uranus

Libu

Jun 5, 2015
Ottawa
Received my AOR today - what a nice 4th of July treat! Please update the spreadsheet :)

Also, I tried logging in to ECAS with my application number but it said they couldn’t locate me. (I received an email from IRCC dates today’s date saying that they were acknowledging the receipt of my application) - does anyone know if there’s just a delay between email and ECAS being updated?
Congrats!! Updated :)

Usually, it takes a day to access ECAS.

fruitball4u

Star Member
Dec 6, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-06-2015
File Transfer...
31-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Interview........
DM: 21-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR: 17-12-2015
LANDED..........
03-01-2016
Reactions: Libu

richregina

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
the booklets is free though

Nepall

Oct 29, 2015
I am a little worried. My app was received on April 23th but haven't received my AOR yet. Anyone else in the same situation?

Anthony961

Apr 11, 2018
Is the physical copy of Discover Canada Manual really free or it cost 60 $ ? Kindly advice
Thanks.
After receiving my AOR, I checked the status of my application on ECAS and it has the following info...
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 12, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 22, 2018.
  3. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 23, 2018.

After one week of not receiving the booklet by mail, I contacted the CIC call center get informed about the delay... the agent informed me the hardcopy booklets are not available anymore for free for environment cause and advised to follow the link mentioned on the AOR. However, ordering a hardcopy booklet remain an option but with a cost... I am just saying what I've been told... !!!