+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2018 - Citizenship Applicant

robinhood_1984

Jan 22, 2018
Sweet! I wonder whether this acknowledgment is for my first or second application.
When you log in to see your application status it will give you the date they actually received it. If you sent it on a tracked delivery and know they got it on the 10th, chances are when you log in it will say they received it on the 10th so you'll be certain that it is from your second application.
When mail arrives at Sydney it is stamped upon arrival in the mail room with the received date, so even though your AOR was later, when someone actually checked your application out, they will still go by the date stamped on your envelope in the mail room as the day they received your application, rather than the later date of your AOR.

Congratulations by the way. This must have been incredibly frustrating for you.

Reactions: marby22

sarkhan

Aug 13, 2013
If the child was in Pakistan for more than 183 days AFTER their 14th birthday, then yes, you need to get a PCC for them as well.
Thanks - and just want to make it 100% confirm that I have to submit Police Certificate even if I didn't left Canada after landing. I am asking because I checked with others they didn't provide a Police Certificate in this case and get through

brar214

May 9, 2018
Hi...
My ECAS got updated today with the below remarks..
  1. We sent you correspondence on May 14, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Does this mean that they need more documents or it can also mean that I might have got test date?
Thanks.

bucajack

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
Wife and I both received our AORs today! Hallelujah!

Please update the sheet. Thanks

id: bucajack
App.Type: Family of 2
Physical Presence Days: 1565
App Sent: 04-09-18
App Recd: 04-11-18
AOR: 05-15-18
In Process:
Test Invite:
Test date:
Decision Made ECAS:
Oath Letter:
Oath Date

Last edited:

marby22

Sep 29, 2013
Ya think? I can only imagine what the Sydney office looked like the day after (and for the weeks that followed) the new law was in effect.
Not blaming the employees here, I'm sure they were swamped. But having one processing centre for the entire country is ridiculous.

chshaojin

Oct 19, 2017
Hi...
My ECAS got updated today with the below remarks..
  1. We sent you correspondence on May 14, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Does this mean that they need more documents or it can also mean that I might have got test date?
Thanks.
You will receive a mail stating the further required document(s). In most cases, it's finger prints. Good luck!

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Thanks - and just want to make it 100% confirm that I have to submit Police Certificate even if I didn't left Canada after landing. I am asking because I checked with others they didn't provide a Police Certificate in this case and get through
If you apply May 29, 2018 you need to consider the period of May 29, 2014 to now. You landed in Canada on May 28, 2015, so the question is:

During the period of May 29, 2014 to now, did anyone spend more than 183 days in another country while they were aged 14 or older? If so, PCC is required according to instructions.

As for what others have said to you, I don't know their situation so I can't speak to it. Ultimately, you decide what you want to send. The instructions say to include PCC in this case. If it was me, I'd obtain the PCC and send it.

Reactions: sarkhan

sarkhan

Aug 13, 2013
If you apply May 29, 2018 you need to consider the period of May 29, 2014 to now. You landed in Canada on May 28, 2015, so the question is:

During the period of May 29, 2014 to now, did anyone spend more than 183 days in another country while they were aged 14 or older? If so, PCC is required according to instructions.

As for what others have said to you, I don't know their situation so I can't speak to it. Ultimately, you decide what you want to send. The instructions say to include PCC in this case. If it was me, I'd obtain the PCC and send it.
Thanks - I should try to get one

jebok79

Feb 9, 2013
On Saskatchewan locations, Where is the closest citizenship office would be our application forwarded?

Libu

Jun 5, 2015
Ottawa
Wife and I both received our AORs today! Hallelujah!

Please update the sheet. Thanks

id: bucajack
App.Type: Family of 2
Physical Presence Days: 1565
App Sent: 04-09-18
App Recd: 04-11-18
AOR: 05-15-18
In Process:
Test Invite:
Test date:
Decision Made ECAS:
Oath Letter:
Oath Date
Congrats!! Updated :)

shibaak

Feb 13, 2015
This is true. PR or before PR make no difference. All that matter are the 4 years before the date of application. One thing that also catches some people out and almost got me until I noticed it at the last minute is also that the 183 days is cumulative. I personally had to get a PCC from the FBI in the US due to my job as a truck driver. In the past 4 years I've crossed the border well over 200 times, most trips are only 1-3 days long, never more than 6 or 7 but added together come to way over 183. Despite never having lived in the US or even spending the night in the same location twice, I still needed to get one due to the total number of days.
How did you fill in that part in the application that needs the info of crossing the border? It should have been a few pages long for you!!!

shibaak

Feb 13, 2015
Finally recieved an AoR today. I'm one of the cursed October applicants who never recieved an AoR. Sent a second application on April 7th. Received on April 10th and an AoR today. How long before it shows up on ecas?
Is this a thing really? You mean there is a possibility that we never get the AOR?

I sent mine on the 6th and was delivered on the 11th. They signed that they got the package. But I haven't received AOR yet!
Have no idea why! ☹☹

Last edited: